Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Don't Ask Don't Tell Delayed by Gates  (Read 7207 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Ask Don't Tell Delayed by Gates
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2011, 10:31:31 pm »

Lol. I had to re-read just to make sure. I'll enjoy the replies of the many stable and as far as we know, not deviant homosexuals who post here.

Yeah, posts like that take me by surprise on this forum. I was positive at first he was being sarcastic or something.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2011, 10:37:02 pm »

Montague, hetero/homosexuality isn't something you can/should hide like a cock-ring or wearing women's panties. You can't tell a gay couple to stop holding hands or kissing in a public area no more than you can tell that to the straight couple.

And no, none of the ones that you mentioned are in any way deviant. There is no one correct way of having sex, sheesh...

Edit: Except of course animal abuse with the goat example... but that's another topic :P

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2011, 10:44:16 pm »

No, I think "this idiot can't keep his personal business to himself, if he can't keep is personal life in check, what the fuck good is he anywhere else?"

So you're only supposed to keep your personal life in check if you're a sexual deviant? By this I mean, like previously stated, having pictures of your girlfriend or wife is perfectly allowed, whereas a gay man having pictures of his boyfriend is not.

I think a man going on about how he fucked his wife last night is just as despicable. I don't give a flying fuck about other people's sexual lives, I seriously don't think it belongs in the workplace. This is the fucking military, its a professional organization. Its not college, its not the day-labor pub, its not the locker room. Keep that shit to yourself and please let me pretend you are a fucking normal person since I must rely on you for my survival, this is my outlook. Is that such a difficult request?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2011, 10:45:48 pm »

That's a markedly different tune than "Homosexuals are sexual deviants no different than pedophiles."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2011, 10:48:41 pm »

I think a man going on about how he fucked his wife last night is just as despicable. I don't give a flying fuck about other people's sexual lives, I seriously don't think it belongs in the workplace. This is the fucking military, its a professional organization. Its not college, its not the day-labor pub, its not the locker room. Keep that shit to yourself and please let me pretend you are a fucking normal person since I must rely on you for my survival, this is my outlook. Is that such a difficult request?

Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kinda agree with you here.

There have always been and always will be those people that never grow up and need to tell everyone about their private shit. Men and women alike. But this has nothing to do with the topic.

Edit: And sad as it is, it's pretty "normal" for people to do that.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:50:36 pm by Hiiri »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2011, 10:50:59 pm »

Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kinda agree with you here.

There have always been and always will be those people that never grow up and need to tell everyone about their private shit. Men and women alike. But this has nothing to do with the topic.

Like Hiiri, gotta agree, even though I disagree with everything else you've said.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2011, 10:58:12 pm »

Montague, hetero/homosexuality isn't something you can/should hide like a cock-ring or wearing women's panties. You can't tell a gay couple to stop holding hands or kissing in a public area no more than you can tell that to the straight couple.

And no, none of the ones that you mentioned are in any way deviant. There is no one correct way of having sex, sheesh...

Edit: Except of course animal abuse with the goat example... but that's another topic :P

Yeah straight couples need to stop that shit too. I don't want to see it and it doesn't belong in a professional organization, or anywhere else in public for that matter. Whenever I see some soldier kissing his wife at the PX or whatever I want to start throwing ass-chewings/right hooks. Least of all two guys going at it. At least goat-botherers have the decency to do it on isolated farms and barns. Shit.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:00:41 pm by Montague »

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2011, 11:11:12 pm »

<snip>  :P
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:20:28 pm by Hiiri »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2011, 11:28:36 pm »

What are you, some a-sexual military robot? Last I checked, normal people had sex and enjoyed it. I get you don't want to hear about it, but you're frothing at the mouth over it. It's more than a little weird.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2011, 11:37:28 pm »

Yeah straight couples need to stop that shit too. I don't want to see it and it doesn't belong in a professional organization, or anywhere else in public for that matter. Whenever I see some soldier kissing his wife at the PX or whatever I want to start throwing ass-chewings/right hooks. Least of all two guys going at it. At least goat-botherers have the decency to do it on isolated farms and barns. Shit.

... Why do you have such a violent reaction to displays of affection? Why does it matter to you? Why should it bother you at all? I feel like the issue here is you.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2011, 11:38:08 pm »

What are you, some a-sexual military robot? Last I checked, normal people had sex and enjoyed it. I get you don't want to hear about it, but you're frothing at the mouth over it. It's more than a little weird.

Yes that's exactly it

At least I am when I'm on duty. Sex is good, sex is awesome, sex doesn't belong in the workplace. I'm not really raging about it, it just seems like it what with all the swearing and whatnot.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2011, 11:43:41 pm »

... Why do you have such a violent reaction to displays of affection? Why does it matter to you? Why should it bother you at all? I feel like the issue here is you.

Yep, I just don't like it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:49:58 pm by Montague »

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2011, 12:04:32 am »

Your own personal phobias and insecurities shouldn't affect how other people act in public. Sorry.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2011, 12:13:17 am »

Your own personal phobias and insecurities shouldn't affect how other people act in public. Sorry.

Not phobic, not insecure, I just think it's tacky and inappropriate. Like pissing on a sidewalk or spitting indoors. I'd not afraid of spit or piss, I just don't like it on my carpet, bro.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2011, 12:24:30 am »

Ugh.. it's not like they're slapping their dicks against your forehead.  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6