Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: The First Corrosion Community Adventure!  (Read 16067 times)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
Re: The First Corrosion Community Adventure!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 03:13:09 pm »

PEW PEW PEW

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 04:30:49 pm »

Great! Here's the stats! I'll start right now if no one minds.

---~The Tales of Urist Pureheart~---
Chapter I
The Crossbow

The dead brown grass welcomed him warmly as the heavy footed man stepped outside of the small hut. Urist stood there idly studying the landscape below. He did it, he actually did it. After years of telling people he would do it, he did it. Lifting up his prize, he studied the fine copper crossbow, it wasn't special, wouldn't be worth the shirt on his back if you didn't know the story. Oh how the old man loved to tell the story. If only Urist loved to listen he could tell you it.

Urist Pureheart grabbed the quiver from his back, he counted a mere thirty-four iron bolts. Pureheart, an ironic name for such a mischievous man. Urist's parents always thought he would become a priest, so they named him such. Yet Urist seemed more interested in the golden statues then the gods they represented.

Hopefully the old man won't realize what he was missing for another day. This would at least give Urist time to hide it until it blows over. He'll probably sell it to the nearest merchant once he gets a chance. But it was just copper, merchants never listened to stories.

Noblehermits was a very fitting name for his town, it was rather small. After all, a crossbow was the most revered thing here, it was the towns 'only weapon'. Even though Urist frequently saw people arming themselves with carving forks and cleavers. He doubted they were meant for goat.

As he walked back to his peaceful home that he shared with a couple other families. The door flew open, naturally he threw the crossbow in the dirt. It sputtered a bit and the string twang. But no one saw it, now he prayed they didn't find the quiver tucked under the back of his shirt

"Urist!" the mechanic shouted "Someone has stolen the bolts! We need them for the hunt tomorrow!"

Bout time, the village was running low on food. Then Urist suddenly remembered the weight on his back. Oh yeah "Calm down," He reassured "I'm sure they're around, somebody probably wandered off with them." He set his hand on his shoulder, it was amazing, Urist was the best liar you've ever seen. He was one of those people that could sell a hamburger to a cow and still get money off of it "Now come on, let's just ask around town, see if anyone's seen them."

The mechanic nodded and everyone seemed to shove out the door. Urist turned around as they fled down the road looking for the bolts. Sweating and nervous, Urist ducked inside. It was all over, if they found out that that crossbow was missing he'd be done for. He had to get out of here. He reached under his bunk and pulled out a leather flask, taking a quick swig he pulled out a handful of his cigars. Food, he needed food. Oh  Valles owed him a few nickels anyways. He grabbed the man's rations and a screwdriver from the drawer, then proceeded to dash out of the building clothes fluttering in the wind.

So Urist ran, he ran until he tripped in the long grass, then continued to run until he reached the south hill. He ducked inside a crevice, he could already hear the search dogs barking and the people yelling. Maybe it was in his head, what if he just went back and explained himself? No. They would hang him, the foolish old man had too many people who respected him, and thieves weren't tolerated. Pulling out a cigar with shaky fingers he rubbed his forehead and contemplated what he could do next.

:::OPTIONS:::

A. Find another village, ask for something to do.
B. Harass the local wildlife to become more experienced.
C. Practice other skills like throwing, ambushing, and swimming.
D. Other? Please post!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:14:26 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 04:38:19 pm »

C: Go practice wrestling.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 04:46:51 pm »

C.) Learn to swim. Very handy for crossing rivers.

Edit: Should have read better.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 07:46:09 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 04:56:25 pm »

C: Go practice wrestling.

Cool story so far, I shall follow.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:58:12 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 12:32:11 am »

D: find another village, steal something THEN ask for job. lie about being "the perfect hunter".
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 06:47:15 am by kerlc »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 12:35:19 am »

A! Also, track down someone knowledgable and pester them about their surroundings, find what crazy stuff goes down 'round the place.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Quarynn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 08:46:38 am »

B
Ancient Steam-Bot, with 1,000,000 horse power

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 11:16:21 am »

C
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 12:07:53 pm »

D. Wander around aimlessly and try to find a dwarven fortress. (if they exist?)

(EFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 04:00:39 pm »

A : 1

B : 3
(Wrestling fits under harassing wildlife. C was meant to be non-combat skills.)

C : 2
(Paaaad's swimming suggestion)

D:

D. Wander around aimlessly and try to find a dwarven fortress. (if they exist?)

They don't exist :( nor are they in Corrosion.

D: find another village, steal something THEN ask for job. lie about being "the perfect hunter".

:D I'll fit it in somehow.

B wins! Let's go find some groundhogs! I'll update soon!

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 05:13:06 pm »

Chapter II
Shopping Spree

Ideas raced through Urist's head like a bolt through an animal's skull. His palms were shaky and sweating as he fumbled to light the cigar. He ducked a little as he heard shouts. A cigar? At this moment? If the smoke didn't attract the villagers, the smell would surely attract the Infected. Tucking the cigar away he jumped out of the crevice and headed west. He knew there was a market in town. Hopefully he could find someone to steal a better weapon from.

Sneaking there wasn't going to be easy, but there was no alternative. It may take a day, or half a day, but once he was outside of the village he should be able to run there.

As he passed over the field he heard a heavy foot hit the ground. Turning silently he saw Jackson.

Jackson, Atro always thought high of his horse, it was amazing he let him outside his backyard. The four legged potato had not seen him yet. Pulling out the crossbow, Urist aimed with a smile on his face.

Just as the bow twanged the beast erupted on it's hind legs, a bolt protruding from it's leg. Urist stood up and readied another bolt, but when he raised his head the beast had darted into the trees. Cursing he rounded the corner to find the beast waiting for him. The beast kicked, Urist, even though surprised, still managed to dodge. The beast charged, and Urist fell over as the horse began running. Firing off another bolt Urist got a lucky shot at his ribcage and it fell down a hill.

Urist stood over the beast. The pitiful sad beast.

Sighing, he leaned down to the bloody, broken beast. Reaching forward he grabbed the creatures neck, and with a satisfying pop. Ended the creatures life. Atro will be wondering why his horse did not come in this evening. Cutting open the beast, he stripped it of it's hide and it's meat, taking off towards town with a reassuring grin. Things were going to be all right.

-----

Urist ripped at a piece of dry horse meat as he studied the partially frozen pond. He had only been traveling for a few hours and already the ponds were freezing. Must be an early frost, he'd hate to be caught swimming this time of year. Shaking his head he continued west. Sneaking in the underbrush was slowing him down considerably, and this horse meat wasn't helping, but once he reached town he could sell it, hopefully scare away any flies that would otherwise convince the store owners not to.

Has he really been running that long? He over to the sun.

It's getting dark.

Cursing and swearing. He jumped out of the brush, and raced towards the town, he didn't want to be held up by anything unnecessary. Just as the sun kissed the horizon like long lost lovers, he stepped inside a small hut.

It was packed, after all it was a weapons shop. One of the shopkeepers approached him with a key in hand.

"Sorry son, the shop's closed."

Urist looked up at the big burly man "Sir I have traveled far, is there anywhere I may sleep."

The man smiled "Well!" the smile was a mischievous one and was growing by the second. It seemed to reflect light back to Urist and momentarily blinded him "There's nowhere in town, but I'd be happy to loan you a bunk for a few nickels."

Now it was Urist's turn to smile, as he was all to happy to loan him his coins he actually said 'thanks'. Didn't matter how much money Urist gave him, he was just going to steal it back later.

-----

Urist smiled as he glanced at the sleeping bodies. Silently getting up, he slid around, dirt underfoot as he snatched his nickels from the burly man's pocket.

He glanced around, took every bolt he could find. He found an army knife on one of the peasants and gleefully took it. Glancing around he saw a glimmer in the night, a fine bronze crossbow that he failed to notice when he first walked in. Smacking his lips he grabbed the bow, nearly tripping over a table as he lunged out the door.

:::QUESTIONS:::

What next?

A. Keep stealing!
B. Wait until morning, find a quest.
C. Practice skills again, then find a quest.
D. Other?

I did strangle a few more horses, got a few bruises from one, but I didn't document it. Here's the stats. We spent 10 bolts on Jackson.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 09:49:45 pm »

A.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 09:55:07 pm »

C.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 11:12:09 pm »

B.

P.S. where are the zombies? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9