Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Running with Rifles - Steam release!  (Read 15247 times)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
Re: Running with Rifles: promising co-op game (co-op not included yet)
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 04:43:12 pm »

*hits with newspaper*
Shaders 2.0?  BAD PUPPY!

(I look forward to when these are removed)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 06:29:10 pm »

If there was a sneaky class, they should be able to see an enemies field of vision. Because they definitely have one.
By the way, has anyone killed a guy with a knife?

I was running around shooting people and ran into someone...with my knife. So yes.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 08:31:01 pm »

Sooo... I really want a Starship Troopers mod.

"Come with meeee!"

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 02:54:38 pm »

Heh. I noticed Ozy put all the suggestions we had on the website.
On another note, I LOVE stabbing people. It makes a delightful squish sound.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 02:57:58 pm »

Heh. I noticed Ozy put all the suggestions we had on the website.
I don't think I got them all but I tried. hopefully we get a reply and some news =)

Squish squish. Haven't gotten to stab anyone myself yet, it's hard =<

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 06:28:04 pm »

Heh. I love the name gen thing. Put in Urist in the first name and McSoldier in the second. Guess what I saw when I first started a game?

Urist Mcsoldier
3000/Sergeant

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2011, 10:52:05 am »

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pasik (click to show/hide)

It all sounds good to me =) what do you guys think?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2011, 11:51:44 am »

Sounds good enough.

Although I would like to go inside Buildings, if possible. It'd be nice to be able to enter a Building for better cover or to hide from Large Groups of Enemies on a Stealth/Lone Commando mission.

Edit: And also, all things considered, I would also like more teams (Optional, of course.). Maybe an extra Blue and/or Red teamn to spice things up a bit.

Edit2: During a Plunge into name editing, I found the enlightining information that JESUS is a possible goodie First name, and I am pretty sure CHRIST will be in the Goodie last name section.

As if they didn't think they hammered the fact that the "Goodie" team are the good guys hard enough. And the fact that a large portion of the Dev Team is Christan.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 01:57:58 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2011, 03:37:41 pm »

Sounds pretty good Ozy, though I was the one that suggested moving using the mouse and W as forward. :)

Would like to see an option to use W as forward and the mouse as a directional + aim + shoot control though.

Just sayin.  :P

I'm going to add in too, would like an option to reconfig controls.  I'd love to use LMB for firing weapon, and RMB for throwing grenades.

Also, I've taken control of all key points on the map a number of times now.  In doing so you pretty much end the game as all enemy spawners seem to be linking to control points, once a team takes control of a control point, the enemies spawner appears to be removed. (theory)  I realize this is a prealpha and I'm sure you plan for dealing with this in future builds, just wanted to throw it out there though.

Take care,

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 03:48:21 pm »

Sounds pretty good Ozy, though I was the one that suggested moving using the mouse and W as forward. :)

Would like to see an option to use W as forward and the mouse as a directional + aim + shoot control though.

Just sayin.  :P

I'm going to add in too, would like an option to reconfig controls.  I'd love to use LMB for firing weapon, and RMB for throwing grenades.

Also, I've taken control of all key points on the map a number of times now.  In doing so you pretty much end the game as all enemy spawners seem to be linking to control points, once a team takes control of a control point, the enemies spawner appears to be removed. (theory)  I realize this is a prealpha and I'm sure you plan for dealing with this in future builds, just wanted to throw it out there though.

Take care,

I'm quite sure that each key point "increases" the cap of the number of soldiers you have, and increases the rate you gain them(as each key point spawns soldiers until it reaches its cap). I'm sure of this because I read it on the website, somewhere.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2011, 04:04:24 pm »

I'm not really sure how increasing cap would effect whether or not enemies (or allies for that matter) spawn if all control points are controlled by a single team (good guys, bad guys).

What I'm saying is, I've capture all points and enemies stopped spawning. After capturing all points, I ran from one side of the map to the other (a number of times), not once did an alert message popup asking for reinforcements, the town (etc.) is under attack and so on.  It just seems to me, once your team (good guys, or bad guys) takes control of all points, the enemy has no where to spawn, so once the active enemies on the map are killed, no more will spawn and there is nothing to do...well, start a new game I suppose.

Take care,

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2011, 04:43:32 pm »

Hmm, I mean to use the word "we" to imply bay12 came up with most of these suggestions.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that people spawn on the objectives. Not sure if they can spawn on a "frontline" objective though. They might spawn behind their lines and then reinforce the frontline from there. not sure.

Also, yeah, if each cap point does give you more soldiers then theoretically the fight gets a lot easier as you progress. it would be pretty awesome if the cape was the same throughout the game, making it so by the time you get to the last objective it's tons of enemies defending their base to the last man while all the attackers try to assault in one huge final push.

By the way, my friend is a big audiophilliac and made a sound mod for the game (I was talking to him on the phone about it and he didn't like the gunshot sounds, so he downloaded it and edited all the sounds without even playing the game... =/ ) and I kinda like the new sounds better.  Unfortunately the ambient sounds aren't working at all for some inexplicable reason... and I'm not sure where exactly he got these sounds.

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2011, 04:48:40 pm »

Hmm, I mean to use the word "we" to imply bay12 came up with most of these suggestions.

I'm just pickin on ya bro, it's all good. :)

Take care,

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2011, 05:06:18 pm »

What I'm saying is, I've capture all points and enemies stopped spawning. After capturing all points, I ran from one side of the map to the other (a number of times), not once did an alert message popup asking for reinforcements, the town (etc.) is under attack and so on.  It just seems to me, once your team (good guys, or bad guys) takes control of all points, the enemy has no where to spawn, so once the active enemies on the map are killed, no more will spawn and there is nothing to do...well, start a new game I suppose.

Well, you have simply won. The goal is to capture all the points.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2011, 07:33:59 pm »

I love being a private. You don't get targeted first when in a firefight!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6