Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Good fighting games?  (Read 2504 times)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: Good fighting games?
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 09:44:00 pm »

Arcana Heart 3.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 11:39:19 pm »

There is always Mugen
Oh, and this
Thirding this. Hisoutensoku is the best fighting game I've ever played on a PC.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 11:46:13 pm »

Two words. Poy Poy.  :D
Best, most unique fighting game ever-- And I'm not just talking nostalgia here! Have no idea where you'd get it these days though, might have to use an emulator.

Also, Super Smash Brothers is great, some people complain about the third one not being as good, but I've played all three as they came out, and love 'em.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ragrag

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 08:54:13 am »

Killer Instinct for the SNES and n64. Underrated series, better than mortal kombat imo.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 09:37:35 am »

Dead or Alive 1 and 2 (haven't played the others) - I like these because of how they handle counter-attacks - usually they consist of holding down the enemy's offending limb and delivering punishment yourself. Also multi-layer arenas (starting from DoA2) - punch a person off a ledge or through a wall and keep fighting where you end up. It's probably unbalanced as all hell, but I found it more fun to play through than any other fighting game.

Bushido Blade - near realistic blade fighting game where every hit counts. Attacks can disable enemy limbs and even kill in one hit. Also, some of the arenas are pretty large and explorable to a certain extent, even if it ain't all that useful to run around them.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2011, 09:45:07 am »

Dead or Alive 1 and 2 (haven't played the others) - I like these because of how they handle counter-attacks - usually they consist of holding down the enemy's offending limb and delivering punishment yourself. Also multi-layer arenas (starting from DoA2) - punch a person off a ledge or through a wall and keep fighting where you end up. It's probably unbalanced as all hell, but I found it more fun to play through than any other fighting game.

Bushido Blade - near realistic blade fighting game where every hit counts. Attacks can disable enemy limbs and even kill in one hit. Also, some of the arenas are pretty large and explorable to a certain extent, even if it ain't all that useful to run around them.

This post sums up my thoughts.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 2 [3]