Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hacker Evolution Duality (Steam)- confirmed STINKER- review included  (Read 8647 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Hacker Evolution Duality (Steam)- confirmed STINKER- review included
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 06:39:53 am »

Out of curiosity, are the earlier games any good?
Not really, no.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 07:33:32 am »

they are better than this current one in that you type commands into shell and there is more of a cerebral puzzle instead of a clickfest. Still not good games, but they were on a path that this one abandoned.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 04:33:24 pm »

http://www.streethacker.com/ once again, if you like hacking game, its the closest to simulation on the market.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 05:55:14 pm »

What makes it superior to Uplink in your opinion?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 06:43:56 pm »

SH? the fact you ar3e basicly *using* the gateway and the fact that most of all your do while hacking are commands etc, you have to find a connection without being seen, using false identity blackbox to slow cops down etc etc, uplink its a hollywood hacking game while SH is more toward simulation ( while its not a full simulation or else it would be boring and ppl would simply hack for real )
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 07:31:07 pm »

Oh man this is awesome. He is going around on his forum deleting threads because people hate the game, then he actually said the following with a straight face.

Did you notice that you were the sole supporter of this idea?
How about the other few tens of thousands of people who bought the game and like it?
Should I just kill their license and refund the money because YOU SAY SO?
Who are you? The self-elected representative of gamers worldwide?
The game has been reviewed by plenty of publishers (who wouldn't have published it otherwise).
I also got a flood of requests from big media, to review it. Some of the big names even insisted they get their copies ASAP. Read it again. They requested.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
TENS OF THOUSANDS, holy shit what does he think he sells?

I KNOW for a fact that some other indie games on the top ten list sell about 5-10 k, and are on the top 10. He isn't even on the top 20 and hes sitting here talking about TENS of thousands, as in PLURAL tens. As in, 20-30 THOUSAND people have bought this abyssmal piece of shit, and only ONE dude complains about it. He is acting all taken aback. Dude, the game is shit, plain and simple. Christ.
Poysky Productions

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2011, 07:56:27 pm »

uplink its a hollywood hacking game while SH is more toward simulation ( while its not a full simulation or else it would be boring and ppl would simply hack for real )

Somehow I doubt that anyone intelligent or sane would ever say "Man, this hacking game is so boring that I am going to hack for real, because it is probably more fun than this. I think this is entirely rational, don't you? Pip pip. *puts on top hat and monocle*"

It wouldn't be a rational thing to do at all.

On the other hand, people demonstrate all the time that they can't think rationally:
Quote from: Rush Limbaugh
Bye-bye, nomination. Another one down. We’re in the midst here of discovering that this is all a hoax. The last year has established that the whole premise of man-made global warming is a hoax, and we still have presidential candidates that want to buy into it.
(Rush said that in June, after Mitt Romney answered a question by stating that he does believe that the climate is warming and that humanity is contributing to that warming and needs to reduce their output of greenhouse gases.)

On the subject of this game:
I read reviews on the previous game, talked to people who had tried them, and had already formed a negative opinion of the author as a result. I also tend to avoid pre-ordering anything, especially anything uncertain (I had BF3 pre-ordered via amazon (which doesn't charge until it ships) for a couple months, but cancelled it due to EA's continued asshattery), and I usually want to read reviews first - and even then a game which has good reviews still may not be one that I will enjoy (I didn't like Stardock's GalCiv 2, for instance).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2011, 08:17:31 pm »

Oh man this is awesome. He is going around on his forum deleting threads because people hate the game, then he actually said the following with a straight face.

Did you notice that you were the sole supporter of this idea?
How about the other few tens of thousands of people who bought the game and like it?
Should I just kill their license and refund the money because YOU SAY SO?
Who are you? The self-elected representative of gamers worldwide?
The game has been reviewed by plenty of publishers (who wouldn't have published it otherwise).
I also got a flood of requests from big media, to review it. Some of the big names even insisted they get their copies ASAP. Read it again. They requested.

What a disgusting guy.

On the other hand, people demonstrate all the time that they can't think rationally:
Quote from: Rush Limbaugh
Bye-bye, nomination. Another one down. We’re in the midst here of discovering that this is all a hoax. The last year has established that the whole premise of man-made global warming is a hoax, and we still have presidential candidates that want to buy into it.
(Rush said that in June, after Mitt Romney answered a question by stating that he does believe that the climate is warming and that humanity is contributing to that warming and needs to reduce their output of greenhouse gases.)

I don't get what you're trying to say because the idea of "man-made" global warming is indeed, bullshit.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 08:25:23 pm »

I don't get what you're trying to say because the idea of "man-made" global warming is indeed, bullshit.

Agreed.  Global warming is undoubtedly the work of God.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2011, 08:58:20 pm »

Robert's lies cause global warming
Poysky Productions

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2011, 08:59:13 pm »

Holy shit, this guy is 2010´s version of derek smart!
Poysky Productions

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2011, 05:58:34 pm »

WOW look at his latest post, this guy is deluded!

I am a bit amused by phrases such as "most of people", "everybody", "a lot".

Honestly, I think I counted 5-10 ... maybe (15 if I really account for everything) complaints.
And holly crap ... we are well into the 5 digit range with units sold, and I haven't yet accounted for all publishers.
This makes complaints be under 0.0015%

Damn.
I am closing exosyphen studios Monday morning and pulling off all products.
For every single letter you keep posting on this thread, there will be another THOUSAND happy gamers.

I hate to break this to you, but I will focus my time and attention in developing more features for THEM, listening to THEIR feedback, and keeping them playing HAPPILY.

No sane person will implement fundamental changes in a game ... for 0.0015%.

There. Official numbers and facts.
Poysky Productions

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2011, 07:31:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I get the feeling that what's happening here is similar to that.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2011, 09:08:06 pm »

cant see what you spoilered there...
Poysky Productions

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch