Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30

Author Topic: Paranormal 19.5 - Game Over!  (Read 70636 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 19.5 - Day 1 begins...again
« Reply #165 on: July 01, 2011, 12:45:26 pm »

Extend.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2011, 02:15:01 pm »

Toony, here you state that your vote on Jim was 'just one statement', implying that either that was an RVS vote or a bullshit one, and in your next post you without any explanation move your vote back to him. Care to explain?
I moved my vote back to him because I have higher suspicions of Jim than Max, although all of Max White's responses since then have been very scummy too.  One of the reasons I moved to Max was to prevent myself from dying, now that the moment is over I was able to move my vote back.

Extend would be nice.  :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 01, 2011, 02:23:35 pm »

Dariush:  Could you expand on your Pandar case?  I'm not sure what you mean by "looking like jester."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 01, 2011, 03:50:18 pm »

The day's already been extended twice, so it can't be extended any more.

I'm going to go with my gut and unvote ToonyMan and vote Max White. I'm going to use how he didn't answer one of my questions as pretense for the vote but really he's been giving me weird vibes all game and his buddying up to me by thinking me town with his crappy meta argument has me worried.

IronyOwl: Play. If I voted Pandarsenic to lynch because of inactivity I'll do the same to you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 01, 2011, 03:54:25 pm »

If that's the case I'm going to vote Max White as well since it's the only option I have right now since the day is going to end in 3 hours.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 01, 2011, 03:57:18 pm »

Too Townie

I don't buy your case on him at all.  One or two games does not give you grand insight into meta.  Do you have anything else on him?

I understand why you said you moved your vote.  I still don't get the purpose.  Why bother removing your vote at all?  It's not like whoever replaced you couldn't move it.
Why do I need stuff on Jim? You want me to collect evidence he is town now? How about I look for scum instead?
When I took Jim on he's word, it was still very early game with little to go on, now however, Toony has dug he's own grave. Not just following Jim on this one, so why do you act as if my case depended on it?

Because I asked to be replaced the next game day, giving scum the entire day to use my vote to their whim isn't something I was willing to do. Why are you so interested in something so abstract as me not wanting to vote while I might need a replace?

If that's the case I'm going to vote Max White as well since it's the only option I have right now since the day is going to end in 3 hours.
Bandwagon much, bro?  :P

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 01, 2011, 04:00:32 pm »

I'm going to go with my gut and unvote ToonyMan and vote Max White. I'm going to use how he didn't answer one of my questions as pretense for the vote but really he's been giving me weird vibes all game and his buddying up to me by thinking me town with his crappy meta argument has me worried.

Now if you want to annoy me, you will say I did something and show no evidence for it. If I said you were ignoring one of my questions, I would quote it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2011, 04:03:44 pm »

Allow me to quote myself from Beginner's Mafia on why I don't like this.

If you're town, the only way you can save yourself from the lynch is by scumhunting well in advance of it. Gaming votes to save yourself is scummy fucking bullshit and you should never, ever, ever do that.

Lynches are valuable town resources. They're the primary way the town investigates its suspicions, so it's absolutely critical that the town make each and every one count, by lynching the top suspects with excellent arguments. Even if it's a mislynch, it narrows down the field and forces the town to reevaluate their suspicions, helping them get closer and closer to scum.

It's true that UltraValican could have saved himself, but he would've screwed over the town by doing that.

I don't so much mind the vote gaming days in advance of the deadline, but I abhor vote gaming hours before the deadline. If you're town you should sit down and take it.

Like a man!

Now if you want to annoy me, you will say I did something and show no evidence for it. If I said you were ignoring one of my questions, I would quote it.

This one:

What exactly makes you an authority on my meta, and why would I be town or scum based on some silly meta test you came up with on the spot that isn't really accurate anyway?

You're making me nervous calling me town for that reason (and that reason alone), instead of the usual ones like 'he's hunting' or 'he's active' or 'he's interested in finding scum.'

Like I said, it was pretense for the vote.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2011, 04:08:42 pm »

I will be taking it like a man since I still have 4 votes on me to Max's 3.

Like a man!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2011, 04:14:35 pm »

Oh sorry. I don't like leaving questions open like that, must have missed it somehow.

What exactly makes you an authority on my meta, and why would I be town or scum based on some silly meta test you came up with on the spot that isn't really accurate anyway?

You're making me nervous calling me town for that reason (and that reason alone), instead of the usual ones like 'he's hunting' or 'he's active' or 'he's interested in finding scum.'
(Answer from the perspective of when it was asked)
Having played with you as scum less than two games ago and currently playing with you as townie in another, although that isn't a huge amount, but combined with the fact that Toony is acting strangely I'm willing to say that Toony is more likely to be scum than you. I didn't call you town, I just accepted that your reason for voting toony was because you think he is scum.

I will be taking it like a man since I still have 4 votes on me to Max's 3.

Like a man!
*Sheds manly tear*
YOUR ARE TRULY THE MANLIEST MAN!!!
Also, I want to know what colour blood dopps have...

But seriously, I can tell the future, and somebody is going to swoop in and unvote you, or vote for me, or both. But then again you most likely know that as much as I do.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2011, 04:18:11 pm »

You don't sound very confident at all.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2011, 04:32:31 pm »

I don't have people backing me.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2011, 05:14:19 pm »

Extend.

Modface: Please prod IronyOwl. He hasn't been in the game for 60hrs.

ToonyMan:
Why exactly were you suspicious of Jim? Your vote was an RVS, and you pursued very little with that - you didn't even talk to him besides softballing him a few times at the very start, ending with "It was a reaction test which you passed with flying colours" (paraphrased) for a question.
That was one statement I made, not the whole picture.  I felt like I was being very hard on him, not soft.

You could've at least come up with a good excuse instead of such a blatant lie, Toony.

Let's get a list of your interactions with him, shall we?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Behold #1, a bullshit leading question with no clear use besides that which you told us, and no reasonably derivable answer.
If you think this is hardballing, think again; this looks like you just threw out any old sentence with the obligatory RVS-vote, with no intention of using it. Tsk tsk tsk.
Now tell me: how exactly were you planning on reading these answers when you got them? Looking at your reply in #2 it seems that this question is immensely profound, and damn, I'd love to learn from what you do. You're about to die, so I'm sure you won't miss it.

And number #3 is even more blatant bullshit: You've got this amazing scumtell on Jim that you absolutely refuse to share. What made you decide against it? What could have possessed you so badly that you'd kneecap your own scumhunt by secreting away such a STRONG piece of evidence, leaving a vote that is completely unconvincing without it?

Psst: The answer is that you just don't have it, you sad excuse for scum.

#4 is a stupid statement that you quickly covered up with #5, possibly the worst excuse to grace this green earth. What were you even hoping to find this late, when you've supposedly already condemned him?

In fact, the only claim you have against Jim is "Town Jim would have done something different." What? Are you really that lost here?
It was better than nothing at that time in the game.  There wasn't much else to go on and it works for me.

Oh? Your past self begs to differ, in #3 there.

This tells me two things:

One, that you really were bullshitting about both the question's usefulness and the tell that you "had".

Two, that you're a lying bitch. Only scum lies about things like this.

Now here, you say that your other suspicion is Max White. The whole thing just feels like a cover up to me - finding some reason for the lingering RV, then joining in a bandwagon (you had little prior interaction with Max as said below) on somebody just suspicious enough for nobody to go back and check.
I was genuinely suspicious of Max White and I still am.  I also changed my vote when I did to prevent myself from dying.

Now, why are you suspicious of Max? Do you actually have any original reasons?

Everything your questioning here is lies and more lies.  It's completely contradictory to what I am doing.

I lie a whole lot less than you do, and would do it infinitely better than you, you dumb fuck.

___

I will address your case on Max White in another post.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2011, 05:26:49 pm »

Extending isn't going to do anything LCNP.  I don't see the point in stressing over all those "accusations" you have of me and answering them since my life is about to end in 90 minutes and nobody will be able to see my responses anyway.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2011, 05:34:54 pm »

In the interests of avoiding Enchanter shenanigans I'll switch my vote back.

I should've just not bothered changing my vote in the first place.

Unvote, ToonyMan.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30