Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: American man robbed a bank for $1 so he could go to jail and get health care  (Read 32099 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Money mah dear boy.

Then stop going to war and fix yo shit before you go back to play in the sand box.

I think you could afford it if you stopped trying to play super hero.

I agree with this. Why so much military spending, US? Surely there's a way to cut down. But it just keeps going up.
I think it's the political version of "compensating for something"

Hurhurhur.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please pay attention to this sort of stuff and get your heads out of your asses =/
I think by this point that would require plastic surgery.
Or a chainsaw. And even if I miss, it's not as though I'm doing the country a disservice.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Interesting Michigan letter though.
Quote from: Ithaca's Superintendent
Consider the life of a Michigan prisoner. They get three square meals a day. Access to free health care. Internet. Cable television. Access to a library. A weight room. Computer lab. They can earn a degree. A roof over their heads. Clothing. Everything we just listed we DO NOT provide to our school children.

This is why I’m proposing to make my school a prison. The State of Michigan spends annually somewhere between $30,000 and $40,000 per prisoner, yet we are struggling to provide schools with $7,000 per student. I guess we need to treat our students like they are prisoners, with equal funding. Please give my students three meals a day. Please give my children access to free health care. Please provide my school district Internet access and computers. Please put books in my library. Please give my students a weight room so we can be big and strong. We provide all of these things to prisoners because they have constitutional rights. What about the rights of youth, our future?!

You know, I can't tell if that's sardonic or a plea anymore. I'm just going to walk away from the internet for awhile and go find some flowers outside. :)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I think it's the political version of "compensating for something"

Whats the matter, US? Feeling out in the cold? First you go and run away from home, leaving Australia and Canada to look after poor mother England, for that girl France, and now your addicted to military spending! You have strayed from the path US, your not even nice to your old friend Iraq any more.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is really interesting, I hope it gets people thinking.

And "defense" spending has really gotten out of control... though I thought that years ago.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:00:39 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

Dear people running this country:

Please pay attention to this sort of stuff and get your heads out of your asses =/

*sigh*

I'm pretty sad.

The sad thing about this is that if anything, all that would happen is prisons would get less funding instead of healthcare getting more.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

Excuse me as I laugh while this guy is sentenced to 120 hours of social labor...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Excuse you? Why, you should join in with out chorus of laughter at the entire situation.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Excuse me as I laugh while this guy is sentenced to 120 hours of social labor...
I think his response would be "commit another crime until he gets sent to jail".

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

He should try some contempt of court, that'll get a stiffer sentence

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

He could not pay a speeding ticket, or bribe Chris Hansen.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was under the impression committing crimes to get the basics was pretty standard operating procedure. Aren't the homeless well known for such things once it starts getting cold out? I've certainly considered the prospect myself a couple of times.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Yes, stealing from stores to get arrested and get a roof over your head and food is quite common. This guy just takes it to the next level.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Well I have never been to prison, but I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend sort of thing that the lower security ones, that exist to support the mass of criminals convinced that aren't really a major threat to anybody, are close to motels, and not the 'don't drop the soap' hell holes they are made out to be in the movies.
Were I homeless with no chance of a turn around, I would try my luck.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

They used to do that over here, now if you try and rob a place to get a roof over your head for the night they take you to the barracks and pitch you out after a few hours.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15