Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: American man robbed a bank for $1 so he could go to jail and get health care  (Read 31001 times)

Numufu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Debt is different from cost of living.

"Past expenses" <-his words, not mine.

Cost of living CAN be debt if you want to get technical, actually.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile

My math is correct. That's all one month. You pay off the $1100 a month debt based on past expenses and then the same $1100 expense of that month. You make $2000 a month.

Your math involves an extra $1100 that is coming out of nowhere. Past expenses? Where did you get those? Nothing in your source said anything about past expenses. It just said that 40% are paying more than half their income. That is all.

That's what it means when you're paying over half of your income into your debt, your debt keeps growing.

Why? Why would paying more than half my income into debt increase my debt?

Nice fail.

I would like to point out that I have been civil until you started being an ass...

EDIT: Way to justify my snark by failing at basic math.

...like this.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

You need to account for the interest rate, I think.  Right now it looks like you are assuming 100% interest, or no initial debt at all, depending on the poster.  There's a middle ground.  At 20%, assuming an initial 1100 dollar debt and 1100 expenses:

income: 2000
interest to be paid: 220
expenses: 1100
money left: 680

so you can pay off more than half your debt, and be clear in another month.  With these particular numbers/rates.  More information is needed in other words.

In any case, OP is fighting with people = thread lock.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]