Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34

Author Topic: Multiworld Madness II. (Discussion&Signups thread)  (Read 40583 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Multiworld Madness II. (Discussion&Signups thread)
« Reply #270 on: October 12, 2011, 01:42:50 pm »

Hmm, all right. I guess I'll wait and see on it; if I think I need a different character by the time my turn to enter comes around then I'll make one. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 12, 2011, 03:36:12 pm »

Having watched a few episodes of MLP.... I have to say, I'm pretty glad I didn't include it in the world roster, even not counting the applicability. I could simply never do the thing justice, either with my writing or my drawing.

I'd also probably die of diabetes prematurely.
(though that's always an option with my eating habits, so no big deal there)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 12, 2011, 04:47:18 pm »

Also, note to Frelock/Frederick: If you want you character to do melee fighting, you do not choose Agility as one of the dump stats. It probably seemed like a good idea at the time, but not so much when you're up against a wild badger-mongoose-cat, and your chance to hit him is 25% even if it were standing still.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 12, 2011, 05:47:13 pm »

Also, note to Frelock/Frederick: If you want you character to do melee fighting, you do not choose Agility as one of the dump stats. It probably seemed like a good idea at the time, but not so much when you're up against a wild badger-mongoose-cat, and your chance to hit him is 25% even if it were standing still.
It's just a matter of punching hard enough to make hitting not matter.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 12, 2011, 06:28:38 pm »

Doesn't matter if you can't land a single punch in the first place.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 12, 2011, 08:11:46 pm »

Doesn't matter if you can't land a single punch in the first place.
If you need to hit your target you aren't punching hard enough.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 12, 2011, 08:14:30 pm »

You don't need to aim if you destroy absolutely fucking everything at once!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 12, 2011, 09:10:12 pm »

... "I DESTROY YOU PATCH OF AIR TO THE LEFT OF MY INTENDED TARGET! RAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 12, 2011, 10:00:53 pm »

Yeah, the air really FELT that punch. I'm sure it hurt it in some way, oh wait...

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 12, 2011, 10:15:25 pm »

If you want to do MLP in a way that you can do justice to and not get diabeties I would suggest Fallout: Equestria, MLP in THE WASTELANDDDDDDDD!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:17:46 pm by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 12, 2011, 11:48:05 pm »

I realize that now.  I assumed AGI was more of a run fast / dodge things stat, sort of like D&D's dexterity.  I'd assumed that I'd be using STR for all the combat rolls, but I guess your way does make sense.

"(AGI)Agility - motion speed, mass-to-strength ratio" you could be more clear in the future.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 13, 2011, 01:13:46 am »

Well, it's not ALL agility. Some things actually WILL use Strength for attack rolls, but they're mostly the kind of things you can use to forge battleship armor. So, if you find yourself a giant maul, consider yourself good.

I'm really just going with what matters more for accurately swinging. A sword, a mace, a club, a one-handed axe - anything that's sufficiently light to make the strength of the swinger of no importance, will use agility for accuracy. Anything it actually takes considerable effort to swing, will use strength.

Good luck finding huge weapons in Pokemon-verse though. Barring out-of-nowhere rule-of-funny giant hammers, I don't think anything like that even exists here.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 01:16:33 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 13, 2011, 02:33:53 am »

huh, wow, i just came back to df and thought i'd browse the forums, and i'm still on the waiting list, suprised i didnt get removed. XD

i'm still up for playing if my turn comes up.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 13, 2011, 02:42:07 am »

Well, it's not ALL agility. Some things actually WILL use Strength for attack rolls, but they're mostly the kind of things you can use to forge battleship armor. So, if you find yourself a giant maul, consider yourself good.

I'm really just going with what matters more for accurately swinging. A sword, a mace, a club, a one-handed axe - anything that's sufficiently light to make the strength of the swinger of no importance, will use agility for accuracy. Anything it actually takes considerable effort to swing, will use strength.

Good luck finding huge weapons in Pokemon-verse though. Barring out-of-nowhere rule-of-funny giant hammers, I don't think anything like that even exists here.

So tree-trunk to the face would use strength, you say...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 13, 2011, 02:50:25 am »

Technically... yes. ;D

Once you're swinging around a tree trunk, it's the target's business to get out of the way.

You're really gonna have to roll a 7 if you want to rip a tree out of the ground though. Maybe even an 8>>7.

Oh by the way, the markings => mean a Salvage roll, >> means a Collateral (or compound) roll.
And some actions, if you've paid attention to rolls, use two attributes at once, due to either circumstances or the nature of the actions.

Also, I'm periodically getting stumped by some simple actions. What attributes do you use for shouting? Charisma? Finding someone would likely be Perception, happening on someone would be Luck... gyah! Feh it, I'll go with Perception.

Okay, Jake's final roll is a 4, on a PER score of 5... but I'll give him some minor skill for it on behalf of my D6 that landed four sixes in sequence until it produced a legal result.

Me: Alright, on a score of five, what do we get?
Die: Six!
Me: It can't be six, think again.
Die: I want it to be six!
Me: The maximum he can get is five, not six.
Die: But I want it to be six!
Me: Look, he can't get six, okay?
Die: Not even a little six?
Me: No.
Die: okay... let it be a four then...
Me: Alright, four it is then.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 03:03:35 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34