Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108263 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You lurked. All there was to it. I didn't have much else to go on, so I blocked you, because I figured that doctors would tend to lurk to avoid being lynched. Since the kill went through, I blocked you some more as a good luck charm.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Note to self: if I ever host a non-vanilla game with both breadbocks and Max, make them masons. Eheheheh.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

Congrats Scum, I would like to thank everyone for letting me participate in a wonderful game, now who wants icecream...oh wait....
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should be tons of it in Fridgehalla now...

I also highly suggest to the town to read through the scumchat. After all the entire point for having a Scum IC was to teach the newbies how to play as Mafia, so that's a good thing to read through.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:22:35 pm by Darvi »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Should be tons of it in Fridgehalla now...
Aaaaaaand there's your flavor for the next one.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ice cream vikings?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Scoops in hell, but I guess that works too.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And let's see what else to say...

Re: lurking, yeah, I might've held off posting as much as I usually do, but I still tried to keep to a one/day posting amount. I wasn't confident enough in my abilities to keep cloaking my intentions with multiple posts/day. The few times I really slacked off were due to outside work/sickness crunches. And then there was that notable bit where some 4 pages got posted between 7 PM and noon the next day. I really could not have done anything about that.

And another thing: yes, people should keep an eye out for sideliners more. I got asked what? One, two questions the entire game? Jim was the only guy to call me out for not getting into the thick of things, Bd (my scumbuddy) tossed me an easy question, and Kilakan just asked me to answer it again. I didn't once get asked a substantial question.

Still, fun game, and I'm glad I got to be scum. Although goddamn do I not like being scum. Looking good is a lot harder on me than being good.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Although goddamn do I not like being scum. Looking good is a lot harder on me than being good.
Really? I find the opposite to be quite true. Must be because Sense Motive is wisdom based (dump stat), while Diplomacy and Bluff are Charisma and Intelligence based (my best and second best stats, respectively).

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Although goddamn do I not like being scum. Looking good is a lot harder on me than being good.
Really? I find the opposite to be quite true. Must be because Sense Motive is wisdom based (dump stat), while Diplomacy and Bluff are Charisma and Intelligence based (my best and second best stats, respectively).

Diplomacy is an awfully large part of being town, y'know. And man, I really need to boost my WIS. Right now I favor Knowledge (Mafia) for my skill checks.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I have to get back to playing regularly for a little while because my GUTS stat is not high enough IRL.  The experiences of the last two years have killed my ability to take risks, so... time to ride :I

Wis and Int are probably okay, though >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Nice work scum, you did well. Totaly deserve that win.
So, reguardles of the crushing fail and lack of dead scum, Jim, Vector and Irony: How's my scum hunting?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I have to get back to playing regularly for a little while because my GUTS stat is not high enough IRL.  The experiences of the last two years have killed my ability to take risks, so... time to ride :I

Wis and Int are probably okay, though >_>

oh my god someone else actually plays Monster Rancher II squeeeeeeee

Er. Cough. I'm not a rabid Monster Rancher fanboy, why do you ask.

Anyways, about the ICs: Jim was a great IC as usual, and Vector once she got going again was good. Too bad we offed her right after we lynched Powder Miner. Irony was quite helpful in scumchat, and I do believe that having a dedicated scum IC is a great idea that should be kept up if at all possible. It was nice to have an experienced person to bounce ideas off of.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Good game everyone, I sure as hell posted alot more than the last Beginners Mafia I was in. I think im finally getting the hang of this game.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I have to get back to playing regularly for a little while because my GUTS stat is not high enough IRL.
Guts also increase critical hit chance and slows your process of dying.
Good game everyone, I sure as hell posted alot more than the last Beginners Mafia I was in. I think im finally getting the hang of this game.
Oh really. /:-l
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37