Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108308 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

That question is horrible. It isn't something even remotely related. Make your case, and quit being defensive, scum.
You know what I love, when scum answer themselves. It saves me time.
I recognize Max posted his case on me, and I'll respond to that, and post my own case on him if I can fit the time together.
Now...
kilakan: Do you plan on making yourself useful and pulling a case together? Your voting for me, now justify it. Stop riding on Breadbock's coat tails. I want a full report on your top scum pick.
Breadbocks: I recognise that sometimes we all have commitments, but how about you stop making promises and at least make a quick summary like Think's. I can't rip your lies to shreds if your too lazy to post them.

Gentlemen: Would you care to post your second picks, and if possible showing relations to your first pick? I'm currently half way through reading my second pick kilakan's posts, and have yet to comb over both BD and think, but I will post a report soon enough.

Finally, most evidence of breadbocks scummy nature comes out
Rolefishing
Only scum and doctors/cops have reason to lie, and I doubt you are a doctor.
Now really, in the given case being the doctor would be totally irrelevant. The only reason you would bring it up is because you want a confession to being the doctor, because that would justify your claims, right? Bullshit. Lazy, scummy attempt at getting me to claim a role by saying that is the only way to justify pushing him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Would you care to post your second picks, and if possible showing relations to your first pick?
If I ever catch anyone tying their picks together, I will destroy their soul. You tie people together AFTER one of them is dead. Got it?!? If you tie them together before either is lynched, then you deserve to be smashed in the face repeatedly with molten rocks.

So, let me NEVER EVER catch you saying something stupid like that again, because it's the STUPIDEST thing you can do. Look at connections AFTER scum is lynched.

And by connections, I actually mean lack of connections, since scum hardly ever associate with one another seriously.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Sup webba.
Fo realz? Well scratch that then. Now I have to reread the thread again.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Sup webba.
Fo realz? Well scratch that then. Now I have to reread the thread again.
Connections BEFORE someone is lynched leads to forcing people together. This is beneficial to scum, who can play off the tying together to claim buddying if the first person isn't scum or use the second as a tunnel if the first is scum. It's not good in the long run, just as "Lynch me then lynch her" strategies tend to fail hardcore.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Ok thanks! I was just thinking that we could assume that who ever we lynch today will be scum, because otherwise we don't get a second pick, but I can see how it might mess up today.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

breadbocks: You avoid my point that you weren't doing anything about anyone else either. Why not ask other people questions? Why no observations on other people? If you didn't have observations, why didn't you do anything to get more information? And there's still the question of why you discussed the NK at all if it was WIFOM, which you totally avoided as well. Yes, I see you decided to leave it in the post. Why did you? At one point, you said that the NK was the worst form of evidence. Why did you change your mind?

Bd: I've been suspecting breadbocks since the opening of D2, and I've provided my reasoning as to why he's scum.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Breadbocks: I recognise that sometimes we all have commitments, but how about you stop making promises and at least make a quick summary like Think's. I can't rip your lies to shreds if your too lazy to post them.

Gentlemen: Would you care to post your second picks, and if possible showing relations to your first pick? I'm currently half way through reading my second pick kilakan's posts, and have yet to comb over both BD and think, but I will post a report soon enough.
First, they aren't my commitments. It's all shit my parents dump on me 24/7 because they're too lazy. I was lucky to find an hour of constant free time yesterday, which I had to spend relaxing before I blew up. Second, there aren't any lies for you to "rip to shreads", because I'm not lying. Also, no. Connecting people until after the fact is only a scum trick.

I think I can get a quick and dirty rebuttal to all your arguments before rabid parents descend.
Not answering questions: In fact, I only missed one, and I replied when I was told I missed it. Also, you decided to put my 3 charater typo in this section for some reason. I missed the n key, the ' key, and the t key, and I get people riding my back for it.
Asking pointless questions: The first was rhetorical,  when I posted my reasons for voting you above, and the second was an effective question that just bolstered my case.
Being incredibly defensive: A, I did answer, you just chose to ignore it, and B, you're making bullshit connections between you asking me a question, and me voting you based on evidence I'd gathered so far.
Buddying up to powerful forces: Haha, no. Me saying "This makes me think Vector isn't scum" is not buddying. I gave evidence, however shakey, rather than just go along with what she said. What Bdthemag just did is buddying. He ignored me even though I was his top scumpick.
Lurking: You call it lurking, I call it waiting for UV to explain himself. HE never did.
Rolefishing: No, see, that isn't how rolefishing works. Rolefishing is when you try to get someone to roleclaim, or give away their role. I was stating every single possibility in a BM game for reasons to lie. A cop would lie, so he doesn't get NK'd. The cop was dead. Scum would lie, so they don't get lynched. A doctor would lie so he doesn't get NK'd. I was saying I wouldn't believe you were doctor, and you lied, therefore you are scum.

Think: Because I was focusing on UV. I believe I already answered the NK WIFOM thing, but pressed for time here, so I'll just answer again. I was putting my thoughts where everyone could see them. I didn't change my mind that NK was the worst form of evidence. But it's still food for thought, and eventually you get bowel movement any way you slice it.

Now, I've been in this position before. Me and Max are both digging away at eachother, while the scum is sitting in the background snickering at how well they engineered this situation. But basically, what happened was  me and Heliman were convinced the other was scum, one of the scum said "if you really think breadbocks is scum, I'll give you the hammer" and Heliman took the deal. I used my revenge kill on Heliman, town lost. I was really pissed at myself. [Note: It might not have been Heliman, but someone else. I'm just fairly certain it was Heliman.]
Unvote Max.

Let's see. Out of Kilikan, Think, and Bdthemag, one is not like the others. The good news is, the others are the targets.
I think I'll start with Bdthemag. Put everyone into an order of who's scummiest, and give a good explanation.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

kilakan: Do you plan on making yourself useful and pulling a case together? Your voting for me, now justify it. Stop riding on Breadbock's coat tails. I want a full report on your top scum pick.
Well your explanation was interesting but you seem to do a hell of a lot of the same things that Breadbock does:
Breadbocks: Your first vote onto UltraValican was a RVS vote, and you never pulled it off, or bought new evidence into light. Can you explain your beliefs.
You also placed this vote as soon as Ultra and Kilakan started into their argument, thus bandwagoning hid as a RVS. Just saying.
I never got an answer to this. I spent a good effort trying to drag out an answer too! I guess that makes bandwagoning another point here, because we just could not get an answer, and the more anybody pushed Breadbocks for it, the more he confused himself.
Oh ok cause there is definitly a question in there, looks like a random statement which oh look is explained here:
Sigh. LTR doesn't begin to cover this. A vote made during RVS does not equal a RV. A random vote, oddly enough is made randomly, as in, arbitrarily and with no reason. As I clearly provided a reason, what you said is rendered a lie. Only scum and doctors/cops have reason to lie, and I doubt you are a doctor.
So it wasn't a random vote, it was chosen and justified right? Breadbocks didn't sort out he's story before hand, and now he's scummy ass will pay for it.
He made a bandwagon vote an is now trying to cover up any way he can by swapping between saying it is and is not a random vote, and he still refuses to address this point.
While a fucking crappy explanation, what the hell does that make your above point about him not responding?

Asking Subjective questions.
Max, when will you start being useful to the town? So far you've been doing just about anything to try and start a vote on somebody.
The problem with this question is that it really is as worthwhile as asking when somebody is going to stop drowning kittens, but without clearly being a joke. What do you expect me to do, question people? Well I have been doing that the entire time! Lynch scum? Nobody has yet, so I'm on par. This is just a loaded question, however it's the kind of thing that if scum manages to push really well, they might get a mislynch over.
Oh ok then, so you contradicting yourself and yet again not actually asking any real questions or pushing for good evidence is you questioning people the entire time eh?
and then without actually convincing people you immediately move on to this:
That question is horrible. It isn't something even remotely related. Make your case, and quit being defensive, scum.
You know what I love, when scum answer themselves. It saves me time.
I recognize Max posted his case on me, and I'll respond to that, and post my own case on him if I can fit the time together.
Now...

Finally, most evidence of breadbocks scummy nature comes out
Rolefishing
Only scum and doctors/cops have reason to lie, and I doubt you are a doctor.
Now really, in the given case being the doctor would be totally irrelevant. The only reason you would bring it up is because you want a confession to being the doctor, because that would justify your claims, right? Bullshit. Lazy, scummy attempt at getting me to claim a role by saying that is the only way to justify pushing him.
Ah yes, because the cop isn't dead, and if there was a doctor he totally hasn't failed miserably at being a bloody doctor.  Which leads me to be to think that you purposely overlook things so you can make someone seem scummier then they are.  Of course at the time it was bad, but now?  Well why the hell didn't you bring it up earlier.

Oh ok then you were halfway done, oh look yesterday.  Give me some fucking evidence or ask a fucking relevant question instead of just repeating the lines "He doesn't answer me whaaaa"  and "Post your second picks NAOW"  You're a fucking broken record, which makes me think that you are trying to get someone lynched for your own gain.

So that's why my vote is still on you, but frankly you aren't my top concern, don't flatter yourself I doubt I'm gonna be lynching you tonight, sadly no one else is really posting or in your case, making a convincing reason for a scum pick.

Now on to Breadbocks:
First, they aren't my commitments. It's all shit my parents dump on me 24/7 because they're too lazy. I was lucky to find an hour of constant free time yesterday, which I had to spend relaxing before I blew up.
Why when I read this I picture you in a grungy work outfit in the movie cinderella being worked by two evil people.  Oh right because for all I know both of them are complete Fiction.  You know what, if you're too damn busy working in a sweatshop then maybe you shouldn't have signed up cause I know that parents don't suddenly change if they work you 24/7 you little fucking whiner.

Second, there aren't any lies for you to "rip to shreads", because I'm not lying. Also, no. Connecting people until after the fact is only a scum trick.
oh ya cause you can easily prove that when you say there are no lies, that that is not also a lie.  The second part makes no sense, someone above you said connecting people after one is dead is fine, so what do you fucking mean?

I think I can get a quick and dirty rebuttal to all your arguments before rabid parents descend.
Not answering questions: In fact, I only missed one, and I replied when I was told I missed it. Also, you decided to put my 3 charater typo in this section for some reason. I missed the n key, the ' key, and the t key, and I get people riding my back for it.
It's pretty hard to miss three keys, and besides they change the meaning correctly, or should I assume that when you say I CAN NOT LIE it's the truth.

Lurking: You call it lurking, I call it waiting for UV to explain himself. HE never did.
That is lurking, atleast attempt to go after someone else, especially since you were so adamant that it was a RVS.

Now, I've been in this position before. Me and Max are both digging away at eachother, while the scum is sitting in the background snickering at how well they engineered this situation. But basically, what happened was  me and Heliman were convinced the other was scum, one of the scum said "if you really think breadbocks is scum, I'll give you the hammer" and Heliman took the deal. I used my revenge kill on Heliman, town lost. I was really pissed at myself. [Note: It might not have been Heliman, but someone else. I'm just fairly certain it was Heliman.]
That is a lot of irrelevant information.  You either suck or you are scum backed into a corner.

Unvote Max.
Oh look reactive unvote when pushed, without reasons guess you must be scum if you are really pissing yourself that bad.  Or did someone hyjack your account and make you do it.

Let's see. Out of Kilikan, Think, and Bdthemag, one is not like the others. The good news is, the others are the targets.
I think I'll start with Bdthemag. Put everyone into an order of who's scummiest, and give a good explanation.
Oh oh I love this game.  No actually I don't it fucking pisses me off when someone tries to make others guess what they are trying to say, because it leaves a big fucking loophole for you to escape through if someone calls you on it.

breadbocks: You avoid my point that you weren't doing anything about anyone else either. Why not ask other people questions? Why no observations on other people? If you didn't have observations, why didn't you do anything to get more information? And there's still the question of why you discussed the NK at all if it was WIFOM, which you totally avoided as well. Yes, I see you decided to leave it in the post. Why did you? At one point, you said that the NK was the worst form of evidence. Why did you change your mind?
Ah yes because you are doing a whole lot else about other people by asking breadbocks two questions and BD one over the course of what two days?

Bd: I've been suspecting breadbocks since the opening of D2, and I've provided my reasoning as to why he's scum.
oh good you have been have you?  Well you utterly failed to convince anyone else or even bring up a decent arguement as to why.  Sure you explained yourself you just didn't bother to fucking do shit all once everyone accepted your explanation.

Ok thanks! I was just thinking that we could assume that who ever we lynch today will be scum, because otherwise we don't get a second pick, but I can see how it might mess up today.
Don't fucking assume shit.  That's how ultravalican died.  He was totally scum so assuming obviously worked there eh?

Hm? Oh I suppose I have been quiet. Breadbocks is acting scummy, but im going to go with my second scumpick right now.

Think you seem to have not been in any big arguements involving anyone, as a matter of fact I don't remember you in anything special besides a few remarks about who's scummy every once in awhile. Why so quick to jump the Breadbocks bandwagon, care to find something against him that wasn't already brought up?
Oh ok then he acts scummy so you can't be assed to bother calling him on it or explaining why then?

Think!-Respond to the fucking above statement and vote by BD
Nom nom nom

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That post is such an utter mess. Get your English together, and actually read before you post something as absurd as that. Yes, in fact, there is house work that my parents should be taking a share in, and yes they are dumping every bit of it on me. I'm only even on right now because they aren't aware that I'm awake yet. Now, make it readable, and I'll actually think about reading it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That post is such an utter mess. Get your English together, and actually read before you post something as absurd as that. Yes, in fact, there is house work that my parents should be taking a share in, and yes they are dumping every bit of it on me. I'm only even on right now because they aren't aware that I'm awake yet. Now, make it readable, and I'll actually think about reading it.
Well to bad.  So you are on now but all you do is make crappy excuses as to why you are not on the rest of the time?
Nom nom nom

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, just forged through the post, and wow. Unvote Bthemag. Vote Kilikan.

That post was both so horribly written and horribly scummy I'm not even going to take the time to mess with quotes.

First off, let me be very, very, very clear. Not all of us are 8 years old, with parents who go out of their way to buy you ice cream. Some of us have jobs, others have unexpected stuff going on which results in more work. Get used to real people being real people. I've been bending over backwards trying to get this game done.

Second, I implore you all to look back over what you all call me not getting my story straight. Out of half a dozen posts, exactly one wasn't me being adamant about it being a non random vote. No waffling was happening, no me changing my mind mind game. I missed a few keys while typing. Here's another thing for  you to wrap your 8 year old mind around. Some of us touch type, which means they don't look at the keyboard, which means if they miss keys, they won't know unless they go through the pain to read over every word.

Third, that attack on Max was so horribly worded I can't make heads or tails out of it. Make your point, and quit spamming to make your 100 words look larger.

Fourth, it is actually quite relevant information. It describes exactly the sort of situation, and thus my reason for unvoting Max, which you so selectively decided to ignore.

Fifth, that unvote is nothing near folding when pushed. I've been pressing Max for the larger parts of two days. It also has a reason, but you decided to ignore it because you think it makes me look worse when put like that. In fact, it makes you look worse, because it's an outright lie.

Sixth, I was quite clear about what was being said. Out of the three, one was not scum. That means the larger group is the target.

So, Kilikan, that's quite a bit to answer for, and that's just from one post. Go hang, scum.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, if an IC could tell me how I could go about improving how I put my arguments, that'd be wonderful.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I'm actually surprised that nobody tried to vote for me or TolyK :V

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, just forged through the post, and wow. Unvote Bthemag. Vote Kilikan.

That post was both so horribly written and horribly scummy I'm not even going to take the time to mess with quotes.
Wow really?  That's just terribly bad.  So you won't back up your arguments with proof?

First off, let me be very, very, very clear. Not all of us are 8 years old, with parents who go out of their way to buy you ice cream. Some of us have jobs, others have unexpected stuff going on which results in more work. Get used to real people being real people. I've been bending over backwards trying to get this game done.
Well that would be funny if I wasn't 22 myself.  So you've been trying to work hard a getting the game done, don't make excuses for yourself every three seconds just deal with it.  My point is that if you have a job and parents who are reportedly so lazy then you shouldn't have signed up, not use it as an excuse to worm your way out of everything.

Second, I implore you all to look back over what you all call me not getting my story straight. Out of half a dozen posts, exactly one wasn't me being adamant about it being a non random vote. No waffling was happening, no me changing my mind mind game. I missed a few keys while typing. Here's another thing for  you to wrap your 8 year old mind around. Some of us touch type, which means they don't look at the keyboard, which means if they miss keys, they won't know unless they go through the pain to read over every word.
I never called you on not having your story straight, that was max.  My point was that you can't just say that you missed a few keys and use that as an excuse to change your whole idea. 
I touch type, I also read over what I wrote to make sure something like that doesn't happen.  Sure my grammar isn't very good, and the way I talk is weird.  I'm just not all that great at English, I never have been.  I also use a lot of slang due to where I grew up so if you can't deal with me saying bloody or something every once in a while, then you can shove it.

Third, that attack on Max was so horribly worded I can't make heads or tails out of it. Make your point, and quit spamming to make your 100 words look larger.
You know if you used some quotes this might make sense.  But let me explain to you how to read the fucking post.
Every sentence is talking about the above quote, it's not that hard to figure out.

Fourth, it is actually quite relevant information. It describes exactly the sort of situation, and thus my reason for unvoting Max, which you so selectively decided to ignore.
I have no idea what part of it you are talking about.
If you mean your reactions to what he said about you?  That's not a reason to call off your attack on him.
If you mean what happened in another game once?  Ya that is useless information, because it was another game.  You can take the idea for it and try to learn what to do different, but it can't be used to remove a vote from someone in this game just because the situation is similar.

Fifth, that unvote is nothing near folding when pushed. I've been pressing Max for the larger parts of two days. It also has a reason, but you decided to ignore it because you think it makes me look worse when put like that. In fact, it makes you look worse, because it's an outright lie.
I've read everything you said in the post you unvoted him a half dozen times now, and I still fail to see a valid reason to just fold.  Quote me the reason, explain the reason and then I can say it wasn't a folding unvote.

Sixth, I was quite clear about what was being said. Out of the three, one was not scum. That means the larger group is the target.

So, Kilikan, that's quite a bit to answer for, and that's just from one post. Go hang, scum.
So you are so certain about the other person you can safely say he isn't scum?  There's only two possible ways that you could be sure of that, one is he is a scum buddy of yours, and the other is that you pm'ed each other which is against the rules.  SO calling three people scum at once while saying the person you seemingly unvoted for no reason other then a hypothetical situation is not clear.  It also makes you seem scummy.

Also I have to go to work pretty soon, that's a large part of the reason the post was rushed, but yes I admit that I should have made it clearer for someone like you.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also Think and BDthemag-Get the hell in here and actually give me a fucking post that is more then two or three lines long.  I want quotes, reasons, arguments, and questions.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37