Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108440 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! Day 2 - Jimmy Deadpants
« Reply #345 on: July 02, 2011, 05:14:02 pm »

HURRR TYPOS I MISTYPED WASN'T.

And now me not reading over my post has cause no end of confusion twice now. :-\

As for expressing my thoughts about NK, honestly, it was vocal thinking. I put my thoughts down in text and then decided to keep it there for the actual post. I stand by what I said.
Protip: If you don't lie, you don't have to remember what you say, and end up confusing yourself less.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2011, 05:24:03 pm »

Whiteboard

Powder Miner -2- Vector, Think 0028
Max White -1- Breadbocks
Breadbocks -1- Max White
bdthemag -1- kilakan

2 to extend, 4 to shorten, no hammer

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 02, 2011, 06:10:40 pm »

es, I really was using the scumhunting as argument, espiecially how with I totally said things about people because of it. I'm saying this ebcause Jim always gets killed, in his own words. But if you really want to lynch me, go ahead, and I'll laugh at your stupidity afterwards. I even rolled a die to get UltraValican as my RV target. Because that's what it was, an RV.
I came fifteen pages into the game. I had figured that if I went by what I saw on the last fifteen pages, It'd be called bandwagoning which it has. So I randomvoted, and it's not my fault if you're all stupid enough to be manipulated by the scum. (And when I die, I am immediately telling my two deadman companions who it is,and I will gloat over it afterwards. I. Will. Gloat.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 02, 2011, 06:15:38 pm »

You aren't making much of a case for yourself, here.

The fact remains that you haven't answered my questions.  I don't see any reason to gloat over being not only a terrible player, but also uncooperative.

Oh, and PowderMiner... you haven't voted.

Assuming that the town is lynching you, how the fuck do you know who the scumteam is?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2011, 08:40:14 pm »

Welp, the problems I metioned I would have caught up to me yesterday, and I've been completely swamped, anyways the weekend looks clear so far so all should be good from now on for my attendance.  Now to this predicament.
My Thoughts to date:
Vector-While I was having suspicions before night one about her, they have evaporated a bit.  First of all I seriously doubt that Jim would have been a target for her the first night.  Secondly she did try and deter the lynching of UltraValican, something I doubt a scum would put any effort into doing if they knew he was town.

BDtheMag-So far he's avoided replying to other peoples comments and only actually shown that he notices someone talking about him if you ask him a direct question.  Jim Showed some interest in him the first day, but not enough to warrant suspicions about BD if Jim was killed, making me think that he took the opportunity to get rid of a major scum-hunter when everyone was still overlooking him.  He has done minimalist activity (something I myself admit to being guilty of the last few days) and his answers seem to constitute not actually saying anything, just enough to remove suspicion.  He reeks of scummyness to me through the fact that he avoids confrontation, stays out of the way, and only scum hunts, when the person he's asking questions of is already tied up with someone more aggressive then himself. 
So get the hell in here and actually reply to what others say about you, give a reason for what you've done and stop hiding on the edges of inactivity.

Did you miss my memo about drawing conclusions from the nightkill?

You can't draw any, dammit!

And then lookit here, where you're drawing conclusions from the nightkill and using it to guide your scumhunting. That's two things you should never ever ever ever ever do.

It's poor hunting, both ways. You'll cause so many mislynches with this thinking that you should take my word for it that it's something you should never ever ever ever ever do.

I may be dead, but goddamn, you still have to listen to me.

es, I really was using the scumhunting as argument, espiecially how with I totally said things about people because of it. I'm saying this ebcause Jim always gets killed, in his own words. But if you really want to lynch me, go ahead, and I'll laugh at your stupidity afterwards. I even rolled a die to get UltraValican as my RV target. Because that's what it was, an RV.
I came fifteen pages into the game. I had figured that if I went by what I saw on the last fifteen pages, It'd be called bandwagoning which it has. So I randomvoted, and it's not my fault if you're all stupid enough to be manipulated by the scum. (And when I die, I am immediately telling my two deadman companions who it is,and I will gloat over it afterwards. I. Will. Gloat.

This is something really stupid to be gloat about.

If you get lynched it will be for good reasons, and it's not going to be anybody's fault except your own. I.E., you are giving people reason to suspect you. Let me repeat that.

You are giving people reason to suspect you.

Gloating about how you're town when people are heavily suspecting you is a waste of time. How does it help you find scum? It doesn't. And don't you remember everything I said in my opening post for this game? Everything you do should help you find scum.

So instead of being dumb and gloating about something dumb, how about you try to be productive and hunt for scum instead. You've been here before; you can make a decent effort to attack somebody when you want to. I want to see some of that effort right now to present a compelling case on the person you suspect.

Quit wasting time. Get to work, and for the love of God, quit gloating about stupid shit. Don't make me hound you again about how you're deliberately playing poorly.

Bdthemag, I'm starting to get the sense that you don't really want to play this game. Why do I get this sense? Well, you're around elsewhere on the forums but you're not posting here.

You should realize that as an IC I am incredibly jealous and demand most of your time and become envious if you spend it elsewhere. And it infuriates me to see a player actively posting on the forums but completely ignoring the games he signed up for.

So where are you? Do you want to play? Do you want to learn? I won't be offended if you answer no to either of these questions, but what will offend me is if you tell me yes but continue to play arm's length away like you currently are.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2011, 08:43:02 pm »

oh sorry Jim, I tried to read through the last 4 pages I missed, but I must have missed that post.
Nom nom nom

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 02, 2011, 08:45:58 pm »

Jim Yes I do want to play, im just a horrible procrastinator. Being the noob that I am I can't really think of any good arguement towards anyone else, and I don't want to mess up and ruin the game for everyone. So at the risk of messing up and ruining the game for everyone...

Kilikan- I believe I have been answering questions directed at me, besides the "GET PLAYING" questions. Care to quote a question I have failed to answer?

Breadbocks- Why do you seem so focused on convincing us that Max is twisting your words around after you made a mistake? I have seen no clear evidence towards Max doing this, just mainly him pointing something out.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 02, 2011, 08:50:53 pm »

Oh good, you want to play. That means I get to continuously hound you to post until you either die or the game ends. If ever I'm dissatisfied with your activity I'll be sure to remind you that this is what you want.

So get into better posting habits soon so I don't have to drag your ass in here every day and remind you about what you signed up for.

oh sorry Jim, I tried to read through the last 4 pages I missed, but I must have missed that post.

Every time you see my scowling visage you should probably pay very close attention because what I have to say is of earth-shattering importance.

Also, I'm an IC, so there's that to consider too.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 02, 2011, 09:16:05 pm »

Kilikan- I believe I have been answering questions directed at me, besides the "GET PLAYING" questions. Care to quote a question I have failed to answer?
It's not the questions, it's the complete and utter failure to reply to any comments about you, or explain yourself or your actions.
Nom nom nom

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 02, 2011, 09:38:51 pm »

Breadbocks- Why do you seem so focused on convincing us that Max is twisting your words around after you made a mistake? I have seen no clear evidence towards Max doing this, just mainly him pointing something out.
That particular example of Max word-twisting was just the first I found. There's plenty more to be had.
HURRR TYPOS I MISTYPED WASN'T.

And now me not reading over my post has cause no end of confusion twice now. :-\

As for expressing my thoughts about NK, honestly, it was vocal thinking. I put my thoughts down in text and then decided to keep it there for the actual post. I stand by what I said.
Protip: If you check over every word you type, you don't have to remember what you say, and end up confusing yourself less.
Fix'd that for you.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 03, 2011, 12:18:14 am »

Well if you insist of lying, I guess you could do that, but it would eat up a lot of time. My suggestion is easier.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 03, 2011, 12:19:34 am »

Protip: If you check over every word you type, you don't have to remember what you say, and end up confusing yourself less.
Fix'd that for you.

That should be a given.  This is Mafia.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 03, 2011, 12:30:32 am »

Vector: You have so far shown to have a better nose for these things than myself. What is your opinion of Breadbocks?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 03, 2011, 12:35:31 am »

My opinion of Breadbocks is that I'm not giving you my opinion of him today or tomorrow, because my social ability has been totally drained by other interactions (and I have another two to deal with tomorrow).  I am effectively incapable of any read whatsoever.

As soon as I am capable of such, however, I will answer your question.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 03, 2011, 12:42:05 am »

Well, if your social aptitude is teetering, perhaps we should vote to extend the day? When does today end anyway? I know it is 12 midday where I am, but I have lost track of if it is tomorrow or the day after.
I was never good at keeping track of time zones.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 37