Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108395 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like to be active, work out a little, really grind those levels up until I'm useful.  :P
Get used to it, so far in every game I have played I've had the most posts.

When you start posting useful information in all of that logorrhea, I'll consider feeling a midge insecure.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Stop dicking around. There's a game to play.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Tell you what Vector, say "I told you so" all you want. It's not going to make Valican or Jim come back from the dead.
Now, before I start on my list, where's yours? What, you think you're going to get away with bullshitting because you're the one who pointed the finger demanded the lists? Haha, nope. Also, you haven't given me your thoughts on Think. You've said you thought his slightly suspicious, and a little bit about why, but I'm not biting you "already gave" me your thoughts on him.

Max, I don't know what you're smoking, but in no way was my vote on Valican RVS. I spotted something off, and I pressed. And he crumpled. He then went on to (falsely) admit to being scum. Are you familiar with the BBB Gambit? You're throwing shit and missing the fan by a mile.

Now for that list!

- Max White: A fair bit suspicious. He seems to be trying his damnest to twist words and has been awfully inane with everything he's done so far. He gets my vote because he's the most of a lead.
 - Powder Miner: There's too little there for me to judge from. Def needs to post more.
 - Think0028: I'm thinking he could be scum. Too little posting, too little content to the posts.
 - Kilakan: It seems like he's trying to scumhunt, and is just being ineffective.
 - bdthemag: Lurky-lurk-lurk.
 - Vector: Something odd strikes me about her posts. I can't place why, and I'm not sure if it's a scum oddity, so no vote.

My turn.
Max, when will you start being useful to the town? So far you've been doing just about anything to try and start a vote on somebody.
Bdthemag, are you planning on participating? What do you think about policy lynching lurkers?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tell you what Vector, say "I told you so" all you want. It's not going to make Valican or Jim come back from the dead.
Now, before I start on my list, where's yours? What, you think you're going to get away with bullshitting because you're the one who pointed the finger demanded the lists? Haha, nope. Also, you haven't given me your thoughts on Think. You've said you thought his slightly suspicious, and a little bit about why, but I'm not biting you "already gave" me your thoughts on him.

It's not going to make Valican come back from the dead, no, but hopefully it'll stop people from their myopic tunneling and make them think a little bit more.

I gave you everything I have on Think.  I have almost nothing on him.  Pressing me will not make me give you information I don't have.

I think I'm going to get away with not giving a list because I gave a list right before the day ended, and pretty much no one posted after that.  But, because you seem to need it restated for you:

Powder Miner (starting to want to lynch)
Think0028 (worries me)

Breadbocks (needs to get over lurking)
BDthemag (also needs to get over lurking, and possibly learn how to play)

Right now, I'm largely concerned with getting these folks to post.  Once they've posted, I'll have more to work with.  At the moment, however, I am having a very hard time.

Are you familiar with the BBB Gambit?

There are no jesters in this game.

The fact that Valican crumpled like that should have been a sign to you that he didn't have two other people backing him up psychologically, and didn't value his life much.  Hopefully you'll learn from this experience.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Max, when will you start being useful to the town? So far you've been doing just about anything to try and start a vote on somebody.

That is a bit of a loaded question isn't it breadbocks? You might as well ask me when I'm going to stop drowning kittens. Had Ultra been scum, you would instead be saying I was very useful to the town, so what, you expect me to know for sure who is scum and who is town? Sorry, but not everybody can do that.
As for this ' just about anything to try and start a vote on somebody', I can't respond to that, because I'm not sure what you mean. Do you have posts I can address or something.
Your questions were very vague and open.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suspicion 1: Powder Miner. When you came in, you were flippant about the game, and 'pressure vote' the guy with multiple people voting him already. When pressed for scumpicks and reasoning, you rattled off the two most discussed players for the two most discussed reasons. There's also the fact you pulled your vote from the guy you claimed was scummy and RV'd with it, despite the game having gone on for a while by then, and never put it back on UltraValican. Why did you not vote UltraValican again? Why did you take your vote away from a player you said was scummy? Do you have any reads on people that haven't been stated in the thread already? Why did you ask Max an RV that he had already answered? Why haven't you responded to my previous questions?

Suspicion 2: breadbocks, initially for massive amounts of lurking. Why didn't you post at all over the weekend? If you were observing as you said you where, what were your opinions of what was going on?

I don't have a very clear read on Max (he's absolutely flooding the thread with unhelpful posts, and rarely clear about what he's thinking) and Vector (she's big and mean and scary, but big and mean and scary != scum). I'm feeling fairly safe on kilakan and Bd at the moment.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! Day 2 - Jimmy Deadpants
« Reply #321 on: July 01, 2011, 01:11:05 am »

Updated the first posts.
And yeah, Jim, please use IC Voice to remind folks you're an IC ghost now.
 ;)
(mostly JK)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:29:56 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 01, 2011, 01:14:57 am »

Thaaaaaat could get irritating REALLY fast. I'd like to request we all just realize that Jim is dead and that he does not do that.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 01, 2011, 01:17:32 am »

TolyK: Was Ultra a cop or a doctor? Your lynch report says cop, but your front page says doctor.

Thaaaaaat could get irritating REALLY fast. I'd like to request we all just realize that Jim is dead and that he does not do that.
Yes yes, carefully noted.
So Think, what do you think about the choice of nightkill?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 01, 2011, 01:24:47 am »

And yeah, Jim, please use IC Voice to remind folks you're an IC ghost now.

No, that's silly.

I already made it clear that despite being dead I'll keep on giving IC advice.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 01, 2011, 01:30:14 am »

TolyK: Was Ultra a cop or a doctor? Your lynch report says cop, but your front page says doctor.
Whoops.
You are mint city's top investigator, MINTSPECTOR CLOUSEAU.
Every night, you can inspect one player and find out their alignment.

You win if both scoops of Vanilla die.
Updated OP.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 01, 2011, 11:46:52 am »

Mods: Prod Bd, kilakan, and Powder Miner. None of them have posted in over 48 hours.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 01, 2011, 11:51:07 am »

Now in fairness a good deal of those 48 hours were night. Tomorrow.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2011, 03:36:05 pm »

Suspicion 2: breadbocks, initially for massive amounts of lurking. Why didn't you post at all over the weekend? If you were observing as you said you where, what were your opinions of what was going on?
I already said why I didn't post on the weekend. I was waiting for something worth saying something about, either through UV doing enough to convince me of his innocence, which would be nigh on impossible, or someone else seemed scummier. Neither of those happened. As far as I could tell, the larger portions of what happened was Vector telling him "You're being stupid. Try to prove your innocence." and UV flailing around, and then towards the end, people grilling PM about not being here.

Max, not good enough. First off, I'm not assuming you have precognitive powers, and thus wouldn't be able to say when by my standards you started being useful. It's called a rhetorical question. As for you not understanding my second question, bullshit. I made it clear that from my point of view you were twisting words till they snapped, and outright lying. You would like an example? I don't even need to go back that far.
Breadbocks: Your first vote onto UltraValican was a RVS vote, and you never pulled it off, or bought new evidence into light. Can you explain your beliefs.
You also placed this vote as soon as Ultra and Kilakan started into their argument, thus bandwagoning hid as a RVS. Just saying.
In fact, when I voted UV, I was clear as daylight it was an RVS. You've said numerous other things that are clearly lies, and each one hurts your credibility.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37