Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108465 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Think0028, Powder Minder, Bdthemag, all three of you are quiet.

Why so quiet, quietfaces?

I only woke up two hours ago, and half my time has been spent just reading everything that got posted. Jim's point about walls of text from the last page sums up everything I feel in a nutshell. That said, currently UltraValican hasn't responded to the question I posted.

Kilakan: Fair enough. Seeing as you've since additionally started questioning BD, I'm currently satisfied.

Powder Miner: poooooooost. While my vote is currently on him (originally as an RV, lingering because he's a lurker), as he hasn't been on since Friday morning, I'm beginning to suspect he will eventually need a replacement.

UltraValican:
UltraValican: Why cast your vote on someone who has two votes already without explanation? Clearly after you were questioned on it you came up with reasoning. Where was it when you were actually voting him?
You jumped on a bandwagon, you're panicking, you 'confessed', pinning blame on other posters, asking for a replacement when under pressure. Can you give explanations for why you did these?

BD: You've been tunnelling kilakan for a while now. Have any suspicions on anyone else? Your evidence to date is
Quote from: Bdthemag
Right now it seems to me Kilikan either likes to play "aggressive" only towards
people who disagree with him or vote for him.
1) For concluding that someone's scum, that's pretty insufficient. Do you have more reasoning? Not just your
2) You post again after seeing some of UltraValican's reactions and kilakan's responses to you and you... promptly do nothing. What gives? Going to interact with your main suspect?

Max: what the fuck are you talking about. I'm not voting no lynch, I'm voting Powder Miner. I seriously have no idea what the fuck you're suggesting.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Max: what the fuck are you talking about. I'm not voting no lynch, I'm voting Powder Miner. I seriously have no idea what the fuck you're suggesting.

Why Powder Miner? While he hasn't posted anything yet, we are not hunting for the least active player, we are after scum. He hasn't had a chance to incriminate himself yet. UltraValican has, however, had every chances, and taken every one of them, and still you keep your vote on Powder Miner. Why do you want to lynch somebody day 1, just not UltraValican. Do you know something I do not?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why Powder Miner? While he hasn't posted anything yet, we are not hunting for the least active player, we are after scum. He hasn't had a chance to incriminate himself yet. UltraValican has, however, had every chances, and taken every one of them, and still you keep your vote on Powder Miner. Why do you want to lynch somebody day 1, just not UltraValican. Do you know something I do not?

UltraValican: I'm debating whether he's a cracked beginner or a cracked scum, and I want to see his responses some more, especially as the day doesn't end until Wednesday. I explained why my vote's staying on Powder Miner: he's lurking, and I don't want him to just skirt by on that alone.

... Wait, are you thinking that we're doing hammers? Because my vote won't suddenly lynch him, this is deadline, whoever has the most votes come the end of the day.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Oh, ok.
Well that is heart breaking. I thought this was an 'on the edge of our seats' moment, with the day ready to end at a single vote now that it was just one vote for majority. What will the viewers at home think?
Ah well...

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

@Think0028 Im cracked beginner, as for the responses go for it, I love digging my own grave!
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Don't worry UltraValican, you can get out of some pretty bad spots with a bit of luck in these games. Just stop caring about how many votes are on you, read the thread carefully, and see what stands out to you, and if there is nothing really noteworthy, try questioning players that seemed a bit off.
You still have time, just relax, and know that votes aren't personal, and will go away very quickly once something more relevant comes up. Believe it or not, but every person in this thread is working for you in one way or another, doing there best to find and confirm scum, even if you are scum you can use that to your advantage.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Bleh I sleeped in super late again, like really late. Give me a bit to post.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

UltraValican: Why cast your vote on someone who has two votes already without explanation? Clearly after you were questioned on it you came up with reasoning. Where was it when you were actually voting him?
You jumped on a bandwagon, you're panicking, you 'confessed', pinning blame on other posters, asking for a replacement when under pressure. Can you give explanations for why you did these?
They all have one or two similar explanations choose whichever one you like
1. I suck at this game, I really suuuuck
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If there is another question feel free to ask me.
ninja'd
I'm not that upset if theres one thing df taught me its how to have FUN. I'm still reviewing the other posts.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dammit I screwed up the other post, my bad.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting to say I've read everything to date, but due to it being the weekend I have no chance to post a reply right now.  Tomorrow will have to suffice.
Nom nom nom

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Powder Miner, Bdthemag, do you know how much I like quiet newbies?

I hate them.

Get in here and post, dammit.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Sorry, I was out at my grandparents' cabin with no wi-fi. I'll be checking the thread over now. I'll do a more detailed post in a bit.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Sorry, I was out at my grandparents' cabin with no wi-fi. I'll be checking the thread over now. I'll do a more detailed post in a bit.
Holy crap, Powder is here! Posting to watch oh right.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Meh. Screw this. Reading fifteen [pages is a monumental task. Anyway, to the question I was asked earlier, I would naturally want either of the ICs on my scumteam- their experience would give me a significant boost.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Dude, I think I have read over this thread end to end three times now. That's not counting all the times I went back to review smaller parts of it. It isn't that hard. If somebody gave you a fifteen page book, you would think nothing of it! What we have here is no more then an essay to be read over.
Plus it makes for some pretty good entertainment, so, you know, get reading!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37