Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108297 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kilakan, Vector is an IC. Its her job to point out flaws in what you say, regardless of how big or small it is.
Pointing out Flaws is ok, pointing out non-existent flaws, backed up with lying about my experience is not.
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

This is based on a player who has played a BM here before (before asking for replacement) copying the IC's question.  It stinks.

It requires no assumption whatsoever that they are in cahoots, simply that one player is riding on the other's coattails.
Now in the original quote, you didn't just say he was copying the IC, you said he was buddying.
Notice patterns in people copying/mirroring others.  This is a subtle form of buddying I call "emotional alignment."  In case you're wondering about this, I read in a book that autistic kids don't realize that they should copy their friends' opinions in order to get along with them.  Identify themselves as the same team, as it were.  So: buddying.
Your trying to change the meaning of your words, hoping people will forget the original context. Scummy.

That is to be determined by the results of the attack.  I didn't say I was lynch-prepped, now did I?
So we are meant to sit and watch you build a case, voting for another player, and even get some support, but it doesn’t count for anything until you specifically say you are ' lynch-prepped'? Bullshit. When you say something you mean it, that's why there is no edit button. Trying to downplay your attack because it has become incriminating to yourself in a scum move.

I've been over this previously in this thread, but I'll say it again: it's not so much about the questions you ask as what you do with them.  One question without followup is an RVS that failed.  That happens.  Asking the same person 6 unrelated questions is an exercise in smokescreening absurdity.
Great little scum tactic here. Not addressing the point. I pointed out there was a double standard here, and you go off on something less related. If you were scum hunting, you would have called both posts, but you chose to only point out the player who you wanted to lynch.

I'm not going to say how many people I've caught based on things like changing the way they type; often, run-ons fit with fear, and so on, and so forth.  It's a valid tactic.  But if you want to know, "Pandar, twice" is part of that group of people.
And your most likely not going to say how many townies you have lynched like that either.

Since when did I say Jim was scum?

Do you know something I don't?
Why you implied it in your first point. Here we have denying actions, trying to say you never inferred something. Scummy.

Also, no.  I haven't played seriously for nearly a year, now.  Good reason why I'm actually playing in a BM.
You want a lolly pop? If your not up to scratch, don't IC, otherwise keep your head in the game. Being rusty is no excuse for sloppy work, especially when that sloppy work shows yourself to be scum.

I suppose I should have said "playing off of Max White's question."  I meant "working with the material provided, perhaps unintentionally, by Max White."  My mistake.
Should have, but didn't. Why didn't you?

We hunt scum, expect interesting answers from questions asked by honest people. This looks like nothing more than another attempt to tunnel kilakan.

Is there some reason why you take issue with my attacking him?

I am asking a question of him--the question everyone should be asking everyone.  "Are you scum, bucko?"  It just has an exclamation point, rather than a question mark, at the end.  That's something you should be able to see by now.
This is good. This is REALY good. Everybody, take note of this. I'm keeping my quote in here for this one.
This is scum splitting up quotes to take them out of context, and make the scum hunter look bad. Vector just admitted she worded her question very badly, but then takes part of the quote were I point this out and tries to change the context. I was defending my right to ask questions, and she tries to infer I have a problem with attacking him. This is a scum move if you ever saw one.
[/quote]

And I think the fact that you totally ignored my FoS on you is pretty annoying.  I'd like it if you addressed that at some point, if only by saying "noted."
I'll get to that next post then, this one is starting to look sort of long.

That's right, I didn't ask any questions and I largely focused on one person, with a couple of statements on another.  Why is that an issue?
Attempting to railroad a player into being lynched, without even looking at other players. Sounds like scum.

Then why aren't you voting me?
Because I only get one vote at a time, if I had a second, it would be on you.

Also, no, I am not tunneling for a mislynch  ::)  I'm making material.  Going, as always, for Zugzwang.
Your trying to implement a tactic that is designed to force your opponent into making a move. Implying you know who your opponents are? You sounds like scum trying to force so much pressure onto a new player, that they crack and act like scum, despite being a townie. Your interrogating until you get a false confession.

Spoiler: Nah. (click to show/hide)

It's hardly been 24 hours since game start.  The fact that I don't mention every little scummy thing or attack every bad behavior head-on with full-power wrist-slapping does not mean that I'm not paying attention to it.
This has just been advice, rather than actively pursuing scum tells. Your trying to help he's scum game.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

Okay let’s see if I can get some things straight
 Most if not all of my questions about asking about suspicion were simply throw away questions that I could honestly care less about being answered, the most I had to gain from asking about who was suspicious of whom was to see if I had any similar suspicions, especially if the suspicion is coming from an experienced player which brings me to my next point.
   I never meant to be showering the IC’s with praise, now that I know that they can still help us  after they've been lynched I could now careless about an IC being lynched unless they are town.
Back to the suspicion questions, someone claimed that i should use scum chat, I don't now what the hell that is so how could I use it?

@ Max White, why are you so sure that vectors scum?
@ Breadbocks again, I did not know that Ic's  were an exception to the one "bah" comment see above. My reasoning for targeting kikilan is simple
- he's done some scummy thing which I think I've explained before
- In my opinion he's the (or was) the most suspicious of me
As for  me and vector, If someone could provide me a good reason why I should think vector is scum, than by all means feel free to tell me and I will unvote kikilan immediately
@ kikilan concerning my ic suspicions, vector on the acount that using his aguments about to get me killed  :P
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Now, onto what I think of your FoS. How about bullshit? There is no substance here at all.
FOS (finger of suspicion--check the mafia terminology guide!) for attempting to disseminate fear.  Specifically, fear of the teachers' guidance.
The following quote is from before Vector showed up.
Kilakan: So, Mafia IC's seems sort of scary, right? Will you be taking the IC's on their word?
I think that the idea of a mafia IC is a bit unsettling, and as such I shall be taking both with a grain of salt, but the IC who offers the least advice would likely be my target for a potential Mafia IC.

You should remember that these are seasoned professionals in a beginners game, I don't think they care that much about winning, but would rather get us all up to scratch to help enrich the game across the forum. I plan on taking their advice to heart.
Now tell me, does that look like spreading fear? Your argument there is a lie, as it apparently is not what I have been doing.

Well, also for asking loads and loads of bullshit questions in an attempt to appear active.
I'll let Jim take this one.
Hey, now. Baby steps.

Not everyone's going to be instantly awesome at mafia, and I'd rather encourage people to be active and ask questions, even if the questions aren't all that great, than immediately cast them down and berate them for their quality.

Actively asking questions is a fantastic trait to see in a new player.
No need to reply, I already have it.

Hey, now. Baby steps.

Not everyone's going to be instantly awesome at mafia, and I'd rather encourage people to be active and ask questions, even if the questions aren't all that great, than immediately cast them down and berate them for their quality.

Actively asking questions is a fantastic trait to see in a new player.

... You're right about this.
So that was also a half ass attempt at making me look like scum for what amounts to nothing.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

She isn't hunting, she is just focused on lynching a single player, with what amounts to nothing.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She isn't hunting, she is just focused on lynching a single player, with what amounts to nothing.
@ Max White
Okay, I finally see what you getting at here, and  juging by your agument it is perfectly understandable why going behind what vector says seems scummy, I would vote vector but...theres one..teensy..problem..if I do that ill end up as dead doorstop, and im not to fond of dieing in the first round but..what the hell its just a game in
unvote kikilan
vote vector vector you have some splaining to doooooo!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

FOS on UltraVatican, first of all you seem to jump the bandwagon on vector to divert attention from yourself. You have three people voting for you, and a few people start saying that Vector is acting scummy. So you promptly change votes and switch to Vector. This seems pretty scummy to me.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Max White, when I said you had some good points about Vector, I meant that you only had some. Not everything you mentioned was worthwhile.

The best thing you have against her is that she's being hard on kilakan, while being easy on UltraValican, for unclear reasons. Everything else you have is junk. Going line by line and saying "Vector is scummy because of this thing she said," is completely ineffective and means you're dangerously close to tunneling her. Not everything Vector says is going to be scummy, and if you see it that way, then you're taking it too far.

Step back, clear your head a little, look back at it again, and ask her good questions and bring up good points.

Most if not all of my questions about asking about suspicion were simply throw away questions that I could honestly care less about being answered, the most I had to gain from asking about who was suspicious of whom was to see if I had any similar suspicions, especially if the suspicion is coming from an experienced player which brings me to my next point.

Then why did you ask the questions? How are you going to find scum by asking worthless questions you have no interest in hearing the answer to?

@ Max White
Okay, I finally see what you getting at here, and  juging by your agument it is perfectly understandable why going behind what vector says seems scummy, I would vote vector but...theres one..teensy..problem..if I do that ill end up as dead doorstop, and im not to fond of dieing in the first round but..what the hell its just a game in
unvote kikilan
vote vector vector you have some splaining to doooooo!

That was quick. How about you tell me exactly what you suspect Vector for, because I don't believe you do for a second.

Unvote, UltraValican.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FOS on UltraVatican, first of all you seem to jump the bandwagon on vector to divert attention from yourself. You have three people voting for you, and a few people start saying that Vector is acting scummy. So you promptly change votes and switch to Vector. This seems pretty scummy to me.
You are gone all this time and that's the only thing you can point out.  Lurker scum.  You are still voting with just the RVS, you haven't followed up on that RVS, and you've contributed nothing so far.  Trying to hide or what, you better start being active, because you are actually here, but you are definitely trying to hide.
Nom nom nom

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would I puposly put myself on the chopping block to divert attention, in voting for vector, I haver basically dug my on grave, which defeats the purpose of trying to distract people.  If Vector WAS my scumbuddy and if i were scum then there would be no point in me trying to put atention on him since he's relativly safe from being lynched today.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Why would I puposly put myself on the chopping block to divert attention, in voting for vector, I haver basically dug my on grave, which defeats the purpose of trying to distract people.  If Vector WAS my scumbuddy and if i were scum then there would be no point in me trying to put atention on him since he's relativly safe from being lynched today.
So basically, you want everybody to go through a WIFOM thought process, and come out believing that you are innocent, because you act guilty?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

You are gone all this time and that's the only thing you can point out.  Lurker scum.  You are still voting with just the RVS, you haven't followed up on that RVS, and you've contributed nothing so far.  Trying to hide or what, you better start being active, because you are actually here, but you are definitely trying to hide.
Just because I haven't posted for one page doesn't mean im lurking. I prefer not to make giant ass reports. You seem to be trying to pressure me in taking my vote off of you.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Just because I haven't posted for one page doesn't mean im lurking. I prefer not to make giant ass reports. You seem to be trying to pressure me in taking my vote off of you.

Yes it does.

You should post more. You're around a lot, aren't you?

I hate having to prod new players in Beginner's Games. Be active of your own accord.

Keep ignoring my questions, scumfucker. See how well that works out for you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I'm boned Having lots of FUN
 @ Jim MY previous post should explain why there is no point in diverting attention away from myself

So basically, you want everybody to go through a WIFOM thought process, and come out believing that you are innocent, because you act guilty?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The reason I'm voting vector is to prove to everyone that im am not scum, which now is a top priorty considering theres going to be a noose around my neck by the time  the sun rises in ice cream land. I denounce any instance of agreeing with him.
 @ jim no need to be rude I was getting to that you double townie.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Well I'm boned Having lots of FUN
 @ Jim MY previous post should explain why there is no point in diverting attention away from myself\

I don't give a shit about that. I want you to answer the questions I asked you directly.

Do you understand me?

The reason I'm voting vector is to prove to everyone that im am not scum, which now is a top priorty considering theres going to be a noose around my neck by the time  the sun rises in ice cream land. I denounce any instance of agreeing with him.

So, what? You don't actually think she's scum?

Maybe you ought to rethink exactly what you're supposed to be voting people for. You do not vote people to save your own skin. You vote people because you think they are scum.

Your reasons are utterly atrocious and insufficient and contradictory with what you've previously stated on the matter and I've got no qualms about seeing you hang today. Maybe if you actually start scumhunting for real instead of this lazy charade you've been doing this whole time you've got a chance of making it through to Day 2.

You've got you're work cut out for you. I suggest you hop to it, otherwise, your neck's in the noose.

@ jim no need to be rude I was getting to that you double townie.

I'll be as fucking rude as I want to be.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37