Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16585 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Prelude Turn 1 + Submit Character Sheets)
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2011, 08:06:35 pm »

"Well, I suggest we go meet this female Dragon, and ingratiate ourselves into her favor. Ochita knows a smattering of Draconic-that will probably impress her."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2011, 08:34:33 pm »

"Yeah. And also I would like that we get the favor of all of the figures here. Kumar sounds like a good man, and Mayta would be a good person to talk to, concerning the gods."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2011, 08:50:25 pm »

"I'm not so sure we want to get too involved with this dragon. She may be powerful, but it doesn't appear that she is recognized by any sort of official authority. I see now that these people aren't simple savages, so we can't conquer them by force. However, this land likely presents a rich opportunity for trade. That opportunity will be ruined if rulers of this land despise us for supporting a despot."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2011, 09:05:44 pm »

"I"ll reserve judgement for when we have a chance to speak to both sides.

But, it seems since this Dragon has defended this land, she is likely feared and respected, probably more so than the flag of a distant capital, whom most traders and farmers would only see over tax collectors wagons.

Better a benevolent dictator than a impotent republic!
"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2011, 09:55:19 pm »

The halfling paces about impatiently. "I don't know what the hell you are talking about in that strange tongue, but I'd suggest getting to town soon if you want to meet somebody important. When Amourux visits she usually doesn't stay past mid-day, and dad might head to her lair this afternoon as well to negotiate this months tribute agreement. Why don't you leave me to wait on my clients if your goddamn wooden beasts didn't scare them away."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2011, 10:03:19 pm »

"Sorry, but we're now heading to town."
Head to the town.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2011, 10:14:05 pm »

(Alright. I'm going to say it takes three people agreeing to make the group move)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2011, 10:16:06 pm »

Seeing Ochita start to leave, Peter nodded to the halfling and moved to follow. Hmm, a dragon... Wonder if it was the same one we saw earlier? It probably wasn't. Nevertheless, they still had to talk to the halfling merchant's father first, and maybe that elf priestess, before they thought about visiting the dragon.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2011, 10:29:42 pm »

Dragons are not likely very patient creatures... Kriegaxt said, feeling the grip of his pistol.

Action:Head to town

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2011, 10:50:25 pm »

The group makes it's way up the steep dirt path to the village. After a bit less than an hour of climbing you arise.

The majority of the citizens here are bright elves, a race of both fey and elven descent. Bright Elves went extinct in the known world shortly after the magic left, as like many fey races they require arcane assistance to procreate. Each bright elf is engulfed in the visible aura of white or gold life energy that grants them their name. Halflings seem to make up about a third of the population.

All eyes turn to the group as it makes it's way through town. Kriegaxt seems to command extra attention. A young elf works up the courage to poke the Orc with a toy spear, yelling something about slaying a member of the hated greenskin race, before it's mother drags the kid away.

Notable Locations in the town include:
Market Place
Pub
Merchants Guild
A small outdoor shrine
A large town square, where a Green Dragon is currently sitting and eating a horse

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2011, 11:04:56 pm »

I shall go to the town square, and wait, looking awed at the dragon.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2011, 11:20:08 pm »

I shall head for the Merchant's Guild to look for Kumar.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2011, 12:38:30 am »

A young elf works up the courage to poke the Orc with a toy spear, yelling something about slaying a member of the hated greenskin race, before it's mother drags the kid away.

LOL.

---------------------------
"But, i'm a civilized Orc...the monocle should be evidence enough of that..."

Action:Go investigate the outdoor shrine

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2011, 12:40:14 am »

After a momentary internal debate, Peter decided to go to the town square as well. He didn't want to talk to the dragon - he wasn't very good at that sort of thing, and who knew what language dragons spoke anyway? - but he wanted to see it up close for himself.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2011, 12:46:35 am »

As Kriegaxt separates from the group for awhile to check out the shrine, he mentions to peter,

"Careful now-I don't want to find out if Dragons prefer the taste of Englishmen over Horses. Whatever you do, don't flatter its ego. They hate that."

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24