Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16578 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Prelude Turn 1 + Submit Character Sheets)
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2011, 01:01:37 pm »

(I'm gonna have to spin off an OOC thread soon, aint I?)

The Admiral takes another swig. "Only two opinions? Come on, don't be shy. Speak up and tell me where you want to land! You bastards will take all the glory here, so you may as well outrank me...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2011, 01:14:17 pm »

Kriegaxt speaks up. "I'm thinking the forest peninsula would be a nice place to start, as well. I'd prefer we land in a sparsely populated area, so as not to alert the native peoples."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2011, 01:52:31 pm »

Name: Lord Edwyn Redshaw Strathwyke
Race: Human
Nationality: British
Background: A true Gentleman knows better than to ask such prying questions!

Hitpoints: 5
Carrying Capacity: 57

Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill Points (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

I hope I didn't mess anything up again while redoing the skills. I don't think so. Anyway, I still have one question; Are skills that exist for two attributes (for example Pistols) allowed to go higher than 3 (through 3 Dexterity-Pistol and 2 Wisdom-Pistol)? I assumed they aren't, but if they are I might want to move some points around.

Furthermore, do we get horses for ourself and/or any kind of pack animals with us?

Lastly, a write-up of the Background is coming too, I just wanted to turn the numbers in as soon as possible, since it's already taken me the whole damn day doing this ;)
Love, scriver~

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2011, 01:56:34 pm »

Furthermore, do we get horses for ourself and/or any kind of pack animals with us?

Lastly, a write-up of the Background is coming too, I just wanted to turn the numbers in as soon as possible, since it's already taken me the whole damn day doing this ;)

The group will get mounts and pack animals when they part ways with the fleet. (As well as a bunch more supplies)

Nope, skill can not go over three, even though most skills are listed under at least 2 attributes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2011, 02:31:32 pm »

Edwyn looked up from the map and to each and let his eyes pass over each of his men. It was a wondrous but unkown new country they had come to, and it made him feel slightly uneasy. They were not familiar with this land, or it's inhabitants, and he did not enjoy the uncertainty. The dragon spotted earlier was especially worrying, though it had left them alone this time, who knows what would happen if they encountered it again? And furthermore, what other beasts and demons would await them in the wilderness? He preferred to start this journey on safe grounds. The town was a familiar thing, and, he thought, they knew what to expect from. A good strategy is built on knowledge, not risk. Edwyn sighed, and turned to the Orcly gentleman.

"On the contrary, my friend. I believe alerting the natives is exactly what we should do. No doubt does this settlement house the lords of this region, and we would do well to introduce ourself to them as soon as we can, 'lest they think us trespassers and foes. We should declare our intent, and request their aid and friendship." Facing the Spaniard, he continued.
"Furthermore, I believe the town to be the best place to find supplies, information and maps of the country. We are not yet sure on what we are looking for, and hopefully, we could find a place of knowledge within it's walls. I do not much like the notion of charging into the forests head over heels, with neither directions or goals. You all know of the legends of old, and I do not doubt for a moment that this is a dangerous land in ways I have never before had reason to account for. The more we know of it before we venture into it, the better we will do."

OOC:
The group will get mounts and pack animals when they part ways with the fleet. (As well as a bunch more supplies)
Good, because I have a whole heap of other gentlemanly stuffings I wanted to bring, but that no competent man would ever take with him in his own inventory. Stuff like more spirits, and presentable clothes (including ceremonial equipment such as dress swords), and chessboards, but most importantly gifts-of-good-intentions to the regional rulers.

Which reminds me, I forgot to add pomade to my inventory.
Love, scriver~

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2011, 03:18:54 pm »

"Ahem. Yes, I agree with this, we should have some information on these lands before we enter head over heels. I may be the teams expert on plants and animals, but I would like to supplement my info with the info of the natives, so I have a better chance of knowing what we are up against."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2011, 04:21:36 pm »

I'll post my sheet tonight alot of research and such to be done.

Martin looks over the map, the others, and says simply "The city, is most likely to have a dock or port to make land, we should make land there."
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2011, 05:40:48 pm »

(OOC: I likewise will complete my character sheet later tonight.)

"I agree that we should make for the fishing village. As your Lordship said, there we may procure supplies and information and, it's doubtful that they have maps, as savages tend not to make such, but we should be able to acquire a guide. Also, it's quite likely that they've never seen a ship before, or, indeed, any vessel this size, so they will likely be suitably impressed or intimidated by our arrival, and, therefore, more willing to assist us. If we're really lucky, they might even think we're gods!"
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2011, 06:00:42 pm »

"Do not dismiss them as simple barbarians, Fernando, like your people did the Jaguar-men of the New World.

I think, where we have had about 800 years to develop technology in the absence of magic, they have had the same time advanced culturally, politically and socially aided entirelly by forces of the arcane...the old legends make a mockery of new technolgy. Apparently, back then, men could shoot fire and ice from their hands with mere will or spoken word, or heal the most fatal of wounds with a wave of the hand or a simple imbibement.

I will enjoy finding out how much our cultures have diverged, and to what extent."

Kriegaxt finishes, polishing his monocle idly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2011, 09:54:59 pm »

Peter merely stood at ease. He was a soldier, and his job was to protect the five... ambassadors? Scientists? He wasn't quite sure what they should actually be called, but he had given his opinion for the northwest and that was all he could do. "If you need me I'll be outside," he said. At least out there he could watch the mermaids.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2011, 11:14:46 pm »

"So the town to the Northwest seems to be the general agreement then." The Admiral muses as he pulls out a cigar. "I'll set a course. We should be in sight of the town by dawn. I'll take it that you glorious heroes will be the first to storm ashore and take all the credit for this mission?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2011, 11:27:01 pm »

"I am quite eager to be off at first light."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2011, 11:29:57 pm »

Ochita Simply said 'Aye' And soon, he was seen sketching the various animals, and giving them small summary's.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2011, 01:25:22 am »

Name: Martin Vershvovski
Race: Dwarf
Nationality: Russian

Background:
Spoiler: Spoilered (click to show/hide)

Hitpoints: 15/15
Carrying Capacity: Carrying/72.8

Attributes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skills:

Inventory:

Walks off to wait, "Humph."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:01:43 pm by rarborman »
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Starting Character Creation Now!)
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2011, 01:41:38 am »

Name: Jaun Fernando Manuel de Suárez y Góngora del Castillo
Race: High Elf
Nationality: Spanish
Spoiler: Background: (click to show/hide)
Hitpoints: 8
Carrying Capacity: 54 lbs.
Spoiler: Attributes: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skill Points: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:01:41 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24