Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16560 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Starting Character Creation Now!)
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2011, 07:54:05 pm »

Name: Jaun Fernando Manuel de Suárez y Góngora del Castillo

Race: High Elf

Nationality: Spanish

Backstory: He and his family were considered hidalgos, petty nobility who enjoyed very little from the title other than tax exemption and the status of nobility. His father was an army captain of little renown, but as a young boy Juan idolized his father and wished to be just like him. Juan originally started studying anthropology because he believed knowing everything you can about an enemy was the key to defeating them. Eventually he found that he had a great interest and aptitude for the field, going on many expeditions and acquiring much fame, especially for his discoveries during his most recent trips to Egypt. He joined the expedition to Remembrance, not only help reclaim Spain but, also, for the accolade he could receive from his discoveries in this forgotten land.

Jaun is an arrogant and ruthless, yet quite charming and handsome High Elf in his late thirties.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2011, 07:59:11 pm »

That is everybody right?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2011, 08:29:07 pm »

Missing Ochita.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2011, 03:29:05 am »

Sweden during yhe Napoleonic era should be some sort of barbarian half-men, because of vikings and our recently fallen empire carved out with extreme aggressiveness, but mostly because during this period we desperately tried to catch of with Europe (well, France) culturally. Von Fersen, who were the hggest model of gentleman of the time (the guy who had an affair with Marie-Antoinette), commented that people in Stockholm were so incredibly boring and uncultured it was impossible to hold a conversation with them. I'm thinking some sort of neanderthal/cave-men like types, with their hair and beard tucked into their clothes to hide it, constantly sinking back to their bent-over posture, and having problem with complicated thoughts and expressing themselves.

Shit, I didn't mean for it to turn into a damn essay.

Anyway, lastly - Scandinavians were the elves of WW2, obviously. Danish resistance using non-violence methods, Sweden don't caring about the rest of the world and staying neutral untill the end.. Very elvish.
Love, scriver~

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2011, 06:35:31 am »

Sorry guys..

Name: Ochita
Nationality: Spain
Background:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2011, 10:57:42 am »

Alright. I'll get further instructions to you all on the matter of character creation tonight or tomorrow.

Can anybody sugest a good image host for maps? Because I will be using Hexographer or whatever you all it for this game, and it allows you save a snapshot as a .png

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2011, 11:10:08 am »

I use Imgur nowadays (no direct link as I'm on my phone, sorry). I think it's rather good. It suits my casual needs, at least.
Love, scriver~

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2011, 02:01:51 am »

Allright. Character creation time!

Name: You should already have this
Race: You should already have this
Nationality: You should already have this

Background: You should already have this

Hitpoints: Current/Max (Your Max HP is calculated by the following equation: 2 + (Constitution * 3) + (Strength * 2). See the attributes spoiler for more information. When calculating Hitpoints pretend any attribute less than 0 is equal to zero.)
Carrying Capacity: Carrying/Max (Your carrying capacity in pounds is calculated by the following equation: 50 + (Strength * 10) + (Constitution * 7). Multiply the result by .8 if you are a dwarf or 1.3 if you are an Orc. See the attributes and items spoilers for more information. When calculating Carrying capacity pretend any attribute with a negative value is only half of what it really is.)

Attributes:

Skill Points:

Skills:

Inventory:

Have Fun!

Oh. Yeah. The bonuses to the people who played my Elf Game. How about 3 extra points to spend on your role skills?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2011, 02:40:13 am »

(Alright. Lets start the RPing while we wait for the character sheets to trickle in.)

After weeks at sea the British Fleet has finaly reached the lost lands of Remembrance. You and your team of explorers have been waiting aboard for days as the other ships in the fleet scout the shoreline looking for a place to land. Impatience begins to rear it's ugly head, spurred on in part by sightings of fantastic creatures in the water and in the sky.

Sea-serpants have been spotted, rearing up out of the water at a close distance, eying the crew hungrily. Schools of mermaid aproach every couple of hours to get a good look at your Flagship Speedy II. Strange birds made from wood with stiff wings fly overhead every so often, and just this afternoon what appeared to be a green dragon was noticed by an eagle eyed sailor in the crows nest, circling the ship for several hours at the distance of 5 miles.

The explorers are called into Admiral Cochrane's quarters and told to take a seat. Like always the first thing you notice about the officer is his scowl. It is no secret that he was sent to remembrance due to some political disagreements with parliament, and that he would much rather be fighting the French than exploring the new world before him.

"Well." the Admiral declares gruffly. "It is about time to land and set up a port. We have three potential locations to consider, and I would like your input. First off to the Northwest we have spotted a fairly developed coastal town. Likely human or Orcish I'm told told. Just to the west of here is a small desert valley. Sailors have spotted tents on the coast typical of those used by the nomadic tribes of old. Finally there is a forest peninsula to the south. We have seen alot of small fishing boats in the area, so it is safe to assume that there is some forest dwelling civilization nearby, hidden from view by the trees."

The man takes a swig from his flask before continuing. "I've decided to let you lot decide where to land. I could care less. It's not like there will be any French to battle at any of these places..."

Map:

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2011, 03:30:29 am »

Name: Peter Burroughs
Race: Human
Nationality: British

Background: Peter is the eldest son of three of a servant to a nobleman, and from a long line of them. He didn't want to be stuck in a life of servitude, and with his brothers there to take over his father's duties, he joined the army. He's going to Remembrance not out of a specific desire to change the world but out of a desire to be a good soldier and hopefully get promoted upon successful completion of the mission. His main goal is retire a high-ranking officer.

Hitpoints: 25
Carrying Capacity: 125

Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill Points (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Hmm, how's this?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:10:22 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Prelude Turn 1 + Submit Character Sheets)
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2011, 05:41:11 am »

I know exactly how my Lord is going to treat your upstart servant, Serious C ;)

...I'll be writing something for real as soon as I get on the computer.
Love, scriver~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2011, 05:58:37 am »

As a meatshield? :P Because that's my intention. The role's called guardian for a reason, after all... ^^;

Peter watched the mermaids through one of the portholes as they inspected the ship. He had never seen such things, or the dragon that had circled the ship earlier. He was both nervous and excited about this assignment; he had fought on the front lines of the war for a few months, and while a reprieve to explore a new frontier was intriguing, he wasn't sure he was the best suited for such a task. He thought that was what all explorers must feel like though. Leaving the comforts of one's birthplace, even if it was in a time of war, for the strange and unknown must have been nerve-wracking for, say, Magellan as well.

The Admiral, Cochrane, finished speaking, stating that there were three possible locations to weigh anchor. After thinking over what he had said, Peter saluted. "I believe the area to the northwest is the best, sir. Given that there are buildings there, I mean, sir. Nomads can easily pack up and go and so would be hard to find, and we don't know for sure where the village the boats land at is."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2011, 07:49:31 am »

Heh, I think I'm going to need some helpt with this. I'm fairly certain I'm not doing it right, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong - I seem to get so many skill points, and there's so few skills to spend them on ;). Or is it okey to have, for example both Charisma-Teacher and Intelligence-Teacher at 3?

Anyway, this is what I've made so far, is it correct?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Also, one Charisma and Wisdom skill says "lair", I assume this should be liar?

edit: removed hitpoints and carrying capabilities, as these hadn't been recalculated after I changed the attributes halfway through. Also going on with creation, after taking a look at SeriousC's and Ochitas's sheets. Shoulda done that sooner ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:08:22 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2011, 09:14:14 am »

Name: Ochita
Nationality: Spain
Background:

HP: 7
Carrying power: (57.5) 67

Spoiler: Leftover skill points (click to show/hide)

*Also, you should fix lier.*

(Wow, the inventory was hard, but I think its okay..)

Ochita was amazed at the various animals, and sea fairing creatures that lived in this land of.. Wonder. He could be seen looking in his book of plants and animals, checking its descriptions, and fixing them when he could, also making notes in a Seperate book. After a while though, he decided to relax, and so he leaned against the railings. So these are the lands that keep magic within them.. I do hope that there is a way that I can find something to defeat the french.. His internal monolog was interrupted by a sailor, who directed him to the Admiral's quarters.

Ochita listened intently to the Admirals speech, and he took in the fact that there could be other sentient races here.. He pondered for a moment, and started to speak up, before the human gave his speach.. Taking it in for a moment, he started himself. "Well, Peters. No offence, but nomads wouldn't be the best place to gain information on this land, what if they were a hostile nomadic tribe?  I suggest that we get a smaller boat, and look for the fishing village, if they work with fishing, then it is less likely that they will be hostile, and so we can gain more information about this land sooner, plus also some extra supplys for us."

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:09:27 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2011, 10:39:06 am »

Name: Kriegaxt Brandt
Race: Orc
Nationality: Prussian

Spoiler: Background (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skill Points (click to show/hide)

Ahhhhh...done...

Intelligence penalty is pretty heavy! Adurrr. Weirdsound, will my high wisdom, and my low intelligence char actually work as an Archeologist character?

If Kriegaxt can't read because he's a doofus, I might have to change my race, but I don't really want to. :P

I guess it's the difference between say Alan Grant (Intelligence) and Indiana Jones (Wisdom)-I would hope they would both viable, in different ways.

Edit: Also, annoying thing

A level in a language skill only costs half a skill point. You may take up to 4 points in your native language and 3 points in English for three. If English is your native language you may take two free points in any other language of your choosing.

Did you mean free?

Otherwise, Kriegaxt has to spend two of his three bonus points just to speak at all. lol
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:40:38 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24