Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16557 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Kracken Assualt!)
« Reply #300 on: July 17, 2011, 09:55:54 am »

"All right," Peter said. He sat down on a crate and let Ochita diagnose him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Kracken Assualt!)
« Reply #301 on: July 18, 2011, 04:54:25 pm »

Those Aboard the Speedy II:

Ochita sits down next to Peter and attempts to examine the soldier's injuries. Unfortunately the rolling waves and lack of light make the task nearly impossible. After about an hour of trying the Spaniard gives up and goes to bed without so much as a sucessful diagnosis.

Peter limps back to his cabin and falls asleep. Most of the bleeding stops overnight, but the soldier is still in terrible pain upon waking up around dawn. (+1 hp)

Juan returns to his cabin and spends the night in a deep Amontillado induced slumber.

Kriegaxt:

"Perhaps..." Lug replies with a yawn in a voice that sounds less than convinced. Lug and Mayta fall asleep.

The rest of the night seems to stretch on forever, as you stand guard by the door. At one point you hear a long conversation in the unintelligible local Latin based language just outside the door. One of the voices is deep and scary, the other only slightly less so. The voices Talk for what feels like almost an hour, and at one point mention Lug's name several times. Eventualy they leave or stop talking however.

You almost succumb to sleep on several occasions, but manage to stay awake until Mayta begins to stir.

Richard and Edwyn:

With Coony out of the room the pair of you quickly fall asleep.

It is now the morning of the second day. Please post on the OOC thread 3 skill which you would like to try and raise based on your actions during the first day. You have two days to get Amourox her tribute.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Begin Day 2)
« Reply #302 on: July 18, 2011, 05:24:59 pm »

Peter rolled out of bed and walked to the deck. Until Ochita got up - and if he still wanted to check his wounds - he would try his hand at it himself; he had a little knowledge of the healing arts from the battlefield.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 18, 2011, 05:32:14 pm »

Kriegaxt was sure that Lord Myval would contact him again soon, using Mayta as a mouthpiece.

He enquired gently "Priestess Mayta? Is that still you?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 18, 2011, 06:59:51 pm »

Ochita sighed as he woke up, and he came to check on peter, seeing that he wasn't in bed. 'Hmm. Well, he's healthy enough to not be bedridden yet, and the bed is soaked but its not a lethal amount, still.. Infection of the wound could set in, so I still need to diagnose and fix his injuries.' Ochita gets to the deck, and see's peter checking his side. "Hey, seems as if you're up. Come on, we can check your wounds together, and then we can see if we can fix them, or at least patch you up, I want to go exploring today.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2011, 07:15:08 pm »

"Sounds like a good idea," Peter said, shifting slightly to make it easier for Ochita to inspect his injuries. "That guy looked ridiculous, but he knew what he was doing with the trident," he said ruefully.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2011, 07:28:13 pm »

"Yeah.. There was lots of blood, even at your bed, and I need to make sure there isn't an infection."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2011, 08:49:45 pm »

Juan will wash up, shave, and get dressed, then go to breakfast and ask Gabe what he knows about the Lands of Remembrance and answer any questions he has about Europe.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 19, 2011, 09:20:02 am »

Waking up, he slowly opened his eyes. Light was beaming in from the hole in the wall, announcing the new day. He stood up, stretched, and woke up the rest of his body. The soldier was still asleep, it seemed. Very well.

"Day's come, Peel", he said after shaking his comrade awake. "And we have much to do today. Getting in touch with the rest of our expedition, and coordinate the tribute to the dragon. If Master Glowtran was right, and she is interested in siege weaponry, I think a cannon will do nicely. Some livestock with it, perhaps, to show our appreciation."

Edwyn stood silent for a moment. Apart from their worldly gifts, he pondered whether they should give Amourux news of Ireland. If she favoured that god forgotten island, she might not like the state it was in. Having her think good of Britain was paramount, and he did not want to stress their relation. Better to go around the truth, perhaps, if not outright lie. And, of course, keep her from visiting herself. If she really cared about the town, maybe they should orchestrate something that would keep her busy here.

He turned back to Richard. "First of all, however, I think something for our stomachs would be nice. And find ourself whatever they pass of as outhouses in these lands as well."
Love, scriver~

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 19, 2011, 10:25:53 am »

"Yeah, do you think we should stay here or eat in town?"
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 19, 2011, 10:51:44 am »

"I say we stop at the tavern on our way out, then head down to the coast." He gave the broken wall a bitter gaze.
"...I don't think we want to be here when Coony arrives with the mason. Not to mention being seen here by the townsfolk at that point."
Love, scriver~

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 19, 2011, 11:44:03 am »

"Yeah, I think that could be a little awkward, couldn't it?"
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 21, 2011, 12:19:31 am »

Peter + Ochita:

Ochita looks over Peter's wounds and quickly comes to the conclusion that the humans right arm is broken in two places. He relays this information to his patient, and sugests opperating. Peter stares at the Spaniard dumbfounded, and slowly explains that humans and elves have different bone structure, and what Ochita thought was a break in the bone is merely his elbow joint.

Having been properly shown up by some dumb soldier Ochita hangs his head in shame and performs a second examination, concluding that all Peter's wounds are superficial and can be cured with rest and bandages. The high elf masterfully bandages up his patient and sends him on his way. (Peter restored to full HP)

Juan:

You sit down with Gabe and ask him what he knows about the lands of remembrance before allowing him to ask questions about Europe. You quickly find that the Halflings interests and knowledge are purely economic in nature. "Well the Northeastern Empire mostly gets by through trading metal weapons to the sea people for magicaly and chemicaly potent substances that cannot be found on land."

He pauses for a second before explaining what he knows of the world outside his homeland. "The greenskins we fight have a great economy. The great orcs produce food in excess amounts via slave labor, the goblins have learned to serve as masons, carpenters, and crafters, and the black orcs create fearsome enchanted weapons. The greenskins separate us from the Northwestern empire, a state that we used to be one with before the invades cut us off. Mostly high elves like yourself over there, and they somehow run their economy on the production and sale of glass."

Most of his questions are about guns. You do your best to explain how they are made, how they work, how they have revolutionized combat in the outside world, and how much the generally cost.

After listening to your somewhat educated speach on weapons Gabe anounces that he would like to return to shore soon so that he can have a word with the Coneshellman priest while he is meeting with Mayta.

Kriegaxt:

"Yeah." The elf says with a yawn. "It's me. Myval came to me in a dream though, he would like to talk to you at some point soon. I have a meeting at the beach to get to shortly, so I'll have the two of you talk after that."

She wanders over to Lug's kitchen and grabs the boiling pot of salve that the Ogress made and begins to apply it to your wounds. (You have been restored to full hp)

Mayta kicks Lug until the Ogresse's eyes pop open. "Kriegaxt and I are leaving now." she explains, leading you out the door before the Ogress has the chance to utter anything more complex than a few grunts.

You are lead up through the underground chambers of Stage Left until you exit back onto the town streets near the theater. A few minutes later you arrive back at the Shrine where Mayta greets two unarmed attendents by asking them to prepare a quick breakfast. A few minutes later you are each handed a small loaf of fresh bread and a tankard of goats milk. Mayta sits down on the grass covered ground and folds her legs. "Have a seat and dine with me real quick. You are already running without sleep, no need to go without food. Eat quick though, we have to leave in 10 minutes or else we will be late. Scumpoison dose not like it when I am late."

Richard and Edwyn:

You find Coony sleeping like a rock on the workfloor. Deciding not to wake him you sneak past and leave the building and return to the tavern. Today's breakfast is something called land oyster soup, which you find out only after finishing your respective bowls is made from the severed male parts of livestock and game animals.

A villager who had you convinced that such a creature as the land oyster actually exists breaks out in laughter. "Wow... mama was right. People from out of town will belive anything you tell them! Sorry strangers, but I just couldn't let that chance pass me by. Tell you what, I'll pay for your meals and buy you each a drink to make it up to ya."

(You injured people got lucky. I decided to heal you both fully because starting next battle I'm going to have an actual system in place for tracking injuries. I generaly will not be so nice on the recovery front. Kadzar can attest to that)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 21, 2011, 01:03:03 am »

((All your Elven Refugees Veterans can attest to that >__>))

Kriegaxt was glad for the food, but he felt it was a bit rude to leave Lug without thanking her for hospitality....and he would have preferred something a bit more hearty for breakfast, but he had a feeling time was of the essence. Considering this Scumpoison might destroy the ships he rode in on in a fit of misdirected anger, it was understandable they needed to hurry.

He yawned, thought, and chewed his bread. He wondered where his friends were...he was sure they were fine without him. He probably wouldn't want to them to step in any tombs without him though. He figured if he ever got back to Europe (his mind somehow turned this into a question instead of a statement, but Kriegaxt didn't realize this consciously), his completed notes on languages would probably net him a best selling book back home...maybe he could write a Gothic Horror novel about an Noble Orc, and pretty Elf and an Evil Skeleton...

In any case,he was glad he had been able to defend Mayta from the Bloodline, at least for this night. She seemed the sort of person that romantic fools like Kriegaxt always leapt to the defense of, even at cost to themselves-ah, but someone always had to fight the Dragons, literal or metaphorical. Kriegaxt had felt something, confronting evil in that crypt-it was like a part of himself that had always felt out of sync with the world was finally in tune, like the beating of two hearts merging into one.

Maybe it was the lack of sleep making him all thougtful, but he felt the need to compliment Mayta.

"Your as radiant as you are in the morning light as you are by the moon, Priestess Mayta. I thank you for this meal."

He raised his tankard.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:39:06 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 21, 2011, 02:41:10 am »

((I guess I'd better be on the lookout for a good sturdy helmet, then. :P))

Juan asks Peter and Ochita if they want to go ashore now. If so, he will retrieve a case of cigars to give to Gabe's father, then follow Gabe around until he sees his Kumar again so that he can present the cigars when Gabe recommends that he allows the construction of the docks.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24