Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: Explorers of Remembrance (Fighting Words!)  (Read 16580 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Prelude Turn 1 + Submit Character Sheets)
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2011, 06:29:58 am »

Peter followed the others. "What do you suppose we should bring for tribute? I'm sure dragons like gold and jewels, but maybe she would prefer something exotic. Maybe some technology that they wouldn't have?" he mused as he entered the tavern.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2011, 06:36:21 am »

"Um, yeah.. About Technology, I think other people from our land have visited here.. But it won't hurt to also include some Tech, and perhaps livestock?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2011, 07:00:18 am »

"We should find out what the traditional offering is, and start from there." Edwyn sat himself down by table, gesturing subtly to the others to make him company. "Gold, though we might not have much. Perhaps, though, technology and knowledge would be the greatest gifts we could offer. Such that will be both her and her people of benefit." He looked around him.
"Now, I'm getting quite hungry. What kind of culinary curioisities do they serve in these lands, do you think?"
Love, scriver~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2011, 07:17:58 am »

"Agreed. Knowledge can be considerably more valuable than gold." He sat to Edwyn's left. "Of course, you can't sleep on knowledge. Assuming dragons actually do... well... sleep on their horde." It seemed silly to think about now, but maybe that part of folk lore was true. Who was to say? "Maybe we should visit the halfling's father soon and see what he has to say, he'd probably know what to offer."

Edwyn mentioned food, and Peter thought about it. "If they don't serve bacon and eggs I'm going to call this place quite uncivilized," he said, looking around for a sever of some sort.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2011, 07:26:39 am »

"Hmmm. I'll look into what Dragons do, if I can find any materials on such.. But for now, I'm feeling hungry. Some good bacon, eggs, and some thing to wash it down will be appreciated." Ochita laid back in his chair, and also looked for a server.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2011, 08:22:06 am »

Kriegaxt thinks, and offers the following lines of questioning during conversation.

"Legends and stories do have a way of becoming distorted with time, even if the moral stays true...I admit, you make a charming host Mayta-quite charming-but it seems your fellow Elves have a fear of my kind. Why are the Greenskins disliked here?"

Could an Orc from the outside world worship Myval? He seems a powerful ally. What are the beliefs and practices of one new to the faith?

My friends are currently negotiating with the Dragoness-what can you tell me about her?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2011, 07:11:18 pm »

I will take Gabe back to the ship and, firstly, serve him some chocolate (this is hot chocolate, as the solid form did not exist at this time. Also, I found out that, apparently it was said that "chocolate is to the Spanish what tea is to the English".) Then I will retrieve and present to him confectioneries, as he has likely never tasted refined sugar. After that I will show him the spices, saying, "I don't know what kind of spices you might have in these lands, but there's no way you can match the variety of the entire world."

I'll finish up with a demonstration of my pistol. I shall say, "this is a weapon which allows an ordinary man to kill at a distance without necessitating the strength required to pull a bowstring. They're also more than capable of piercing armor, so much so that the armies of Europe no longer wear it. Also, you can carry more ammunition in a smaller space than you would for a bow or crossbow; all I need is in this pouch and this horn, rather than a large, cumbersome quiver. And, finally, there's the sheer intimidation value of the thing: no one wants to get near a man with a gun; they make a very loud noise that will simply cause the enemy to piss their breeches. Let me show you." I will then point my pistol out to sea and fire.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2011, 07:29:00 pm »

Kriegaxt:

You have a long discussion with Mayta. She comes across a spacey and absent minded, unwilling to entertain a particular topic of discussion for long. You manage to slip in a question about the Status of the local Greenskin population when she mentions that the Koi in the pond were brought over by goblin traders.

"Oh. The Northeastern Empire is currently at war with a colition of three greenskin races... If I remember correctly we are fighting the greater orcs of the forest, the goblins of the moutains, and the black orcs of the desert. They force slave armies of orcish mutts like you to serve as the backbone of their military might. Of course, I could be wrong on some of those details. I don't follow the war all that much as it is fought over secular reasons such as land and wealth. This village is separated by mountains from the rest of Rememberance and 'protected' by that loathsome dragon, so we don't see much combat."

You use the opportunity to turn the discussion to the dragon. "Well she dose usually behave herself, and from what I understand she keeps us all safe. However peaceful interaction with a monstrous being is a grave sin in Myval's eyes. Nobody ever listens to me when I warn them not to pay her any tribute... or interact with her at all."

As Mayta brings up her god you express interest in converting. "Myval is very selective of his followers. You generally have to be raised in the faith. Outsiders usually have to complete a deadly quest of some sort to earn the right to serve him. If you are truly serious about joining us I can ask Myval to speak through me and assign you a task to complete."

She pause for a second and her aura flashes blue momentarily. "Or you could serve Crabrant, who represents the power and wrath of the sea. Crabrant is much less selective when it comes to his followers, and is a staunch ally of Myval. Myval often allows followers of Crabrant who prove themselves worthy to worship him as well. I am meeting up with Crabrant's high priest at the beach tomorrow so that we may jointly invoke our gods to smite those wooden monsters offshore. I could introduce you then."

Juan:

You continue your conversation with Kumar, drifting off on to more and more trivial topics as you consider his offer. Eventualy you accept his offer and he gives you a note to present his son before leaving the office to pack his stuff. (I had written out the rest of the turn before I noticed your last post Kadzar. I'll cover those actions next update)

Everybody Else:

You head to the tavern and settle down, getting quite a few strange looks from the locals in the process. Asking about the menu you find that they do not serve bacon as nobody raises pigs nearby. Edwyn instead buys everyone in the group a serving of sea-serpent and fish spawn soup, and a round of drinks. You all manage to down the meal, and some of you even enjoy it.

You then set about asking the locals about dragons and tributes. You learn that Amourux isn't particulary picky about offerings, and usually a large livestock or pack animal will suffice. However richer or more prestigious guests in a dragon's domain are expected to offer something of greater quality or quantity.

You learn a bit about Amourux as an individual as well. As a green dragon she is incapable of breathing flames; instead she expels clouds of deadly poison when she breaths in anger. She backs up her breath and physical might with magic. Amourux is an accomplished necromancer who is rumored to keep an army of undead victims dormant in her lair.

On a more personal level Amourux is being courted by Crimson, a much younger and more violent red dragon who lives somewhere to the south. The local populous is deathly afraid of Crimson as he has developed an apatite for bright elves and will usually eat a few of the village residents every time he visits his love interest. Amourux always rejects Crimson when he pays her a call, which often leads him to further take out his anger on the town and it's residents.

Perhaps in part to show Crimson that he isn't needed, Amourux has been taking pyromancy lessons from a warlock named Glowtran for the past couple decades. One resident informs Peter in a hushed voice that it is widely believed that the pair have an illegitimate half dragon child in Coony; a strange bright elf with a sickly green aura who works in the fisheries. The halfling barkeep adds that the dragon is very close friends with Kumar, leader of the merchant guild, and that she is rumored to be the mother of some of his many bastard children.

You are warned not to bring up any of Amourux's potential relationships to her in person if you value your life. 

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Welcome to the Village!)
« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2011, 10:36:28 pm »

Somebody else will have to take over my character I cant update it like I'd like, bye.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2011, 11:04:52 pm »

Crap.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2011, 11:18:58 pm »

Adios.

Vorthon and Taricus are on the waiting list, if I remember right, so we won't lack a player to fill the slot.

Anywho, some interesting choices from the priestess. And doom. I know now, of course our ships are doomed, it's only a matter of time. :(

This God is bit interesting-I'll probably follow him, as long as he doesn't require me to start forcibly imposing my beliefs on others. Or  his quest be to kill the Dragon, or something.

--------------------------
Kriegaxt was a bit startled.

"Those wooden monsters you mentioned...they are sea going vessels-I rode on one to get here. While I respect your right to self defense, we havn't done anything to warrant smiting...not yet anyway. If you lodge a complaint, I can convince the captain of the vessel to move out of your territorial waters. Though, if you want to destroy the ships, not much I can do about that! You'd be perfectly in your right to do so!."

On the offer of your God-I believe myself up to any task he sets for me, as long as it does not betray the oaths I took to my friends and country. Tell Myval I will attempt the quest set for me, and either succeed, or die with honor.."

Kriegaxt was thinking...Myval was a being he actually wanted to worship. Adventure! Heroism! The old ways and the strong ways. It's how he had always wanted to live.

But, Kriegaxt realized there was some sort of magic going on here-he was finding it hard not to just start saying and doing things to please Mayta the longer he stayed in close contact with her-just to get a rewarding laugh, or a pleasant smile. Probably her...obvious appeal, among other things. If her Fey powers were God-Given, or self trained, it was no wonder how useful they could be in converting worshippers...like him. All these thoughts were a little "under" his conscious mind, as you can believe. He was thinking them, but at the same time, nodding and smiling in their conversation.

But, he was disturbed to hear his Orcish brothers in this land lived in chains, fighting endless wars for others. It was depressingly similar to Europe...he had hoped he would find Orcs living free as they must have in the old times. What a depressing concept.

Action: Try to convince Mayta not to destroy the ship-offer to move the ships away if she would like.
Take her up on the offer of worshipping Myval.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2011, 01:12:11 am »

(Alright. When their is no travel, combat, or any other risky/time consuming actions going on I may write things up without waiting for everybody. Like right now.)

Kriegaxt:

You turn to Mayta and explain that the monsters are indeed ships, fielded by a navy from a far away land. As soon as the holy woman understands what they are, she withdraws her support for their destruction. "I did not know that they were meerly secular tools for a secular nation. How boring. I guess I wont show up for the smiting ritual tomorrow. Crabrant and his priest will be quite angry, but they shouldn't act against you without Myval's approval."

The ship issue cleared up, you inform Mayta that you would be willing to undertake a quest for the right to serve Myval, so long as he doesn't require you to break oaths that you have already made. Mayta nods. "Then I shall empty my body and allow Myval to address you directly through it. Do not be alarmed." With those words her amber aura goes out and the priestess falls to the ground unconscious and naked.

She lets out a groan, and a new golden aura erupts from her body; quickly expanding to envelop the whole shrine and all in it. She climbs to her feet and turns to face you. Flames leap from her mouth as she speaks in a loud booming voice.

"You who wish to serve. Prove your worth by doing my will. In these lands right now there are three priestesses in grave danger. The first is Mayta, the very mortal whom I use to speak to you now. Tonight at the witching hour she will face a threat to her existence and her faith that she is not yet aware of. Ensure she maintains her life and her purity until sunrise and I will tell you where to find the next priestess. Do you accept?"

Juan:

You take the note and thank Kumar before returning to the beach where you find the Halfling from before. You quickly confirm that he is indeed Gabe and give him the message which he reads out loud.

"Gabe. You are to travel with this High Elf to visit one of the wooden monsters out at sea. He claims that goods beyond our wildest imagination lie in their bellies, and that they can begin to trade with us if they build a proper landing site for their wooden beasts of burden. You are to visit and if the elf speaks the truth enjoy his hospitality. If he is lying..." Gabe stops reading aloud. "Sorry. Don't think your supposed to hear that part of the note."

You decide that taking the rowboat to return to the fleet without at least warning your comrades would be plain rude. You decide to help Gabe haul his cart back to town and catch up with the others. On the way Gabe dose nothing but complain. "First my clients are scared off, and now my own father decides that I am expendable enough to feed to a wooden monster. Why couldn't he send Lua? or Demetri? or Ninehells?"

You drop the cart off in front of Gabe's house and he follows you to the Tavern, where you correctly assume your allies would be. You shout into the room. "Kumar told me to take this halfling to the ships, to prove they are what we say they are. Anybody want to come with me?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Explorers of Remembrance (Divine Intent)
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2011, 07:39:00 am »

"On my honor, I accept Lord Myval. No harm physical or spiritual shall to your priest shall I allow.

Kriegaxt had no idea what a "witching hour" was, though. He had the good sense not to ply Myval with questions, though.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2011, 07:45:17 am »

Sure, I need to go back anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2011, 07:57:52 am »

"What about this pyromancer, Glowtran?" Peter asked. "He sounds like he might know Amourux better than anyone else here if he's been teaching her for the past twenty or thirty years or however long it was." He looked at his empty soup bowl. "Maybe we should find out where he is and pay him a visit." He looked over at Juan, as he had just entered the room. "We could do that later. Coming!" he yelled to the Spaniard, getting up and heading over.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24