Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: The presidential season is upon us  (Read 17216 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
The presidential season is upon us
« on: June 19, 2011, 12:26:43 pm »

Yes, boys and girls, it's that time again. Where I pity my party for being unable to remove their head from their anal orifice, and begrudgingly vote for a candidate of the democrats. Alternatively, if I am feeling stubborn, I'll possibly vote minor party.

I'm rather sure that Obama has the Democratic primary in the bag, It's more of a toss-up for the Republicans. I was hoping Mike Huckabee would run, but alas, no dice.

Thoughts? Opinions? Complaints? Political threats?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The presidential season is upon us
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 12:29:29 pm »

I'll be able to vote for the first time starting this election. I'll probably end up voting independent/minor party since democrat vs republican politics make me sad, and I've never liked a single president falling into either of those parties (which is to say, basically all of them during my lifetime).

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 12:30:24 pm »

Its time to waste my votes on 3rd parties and independents,You have probably never heard of them.
Thank you based dwarf.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 12:35:51 pm »

Kinda early, considering that the primary season hasn't actually started yet and there's still some potential candidates like Palin and Huntsman waiting on the sidelines. FWIW, it feels like a mirror image of 2004. The party in the WH has a popularity problem, but has a definite candidate. The party out of power feels like the timing is right for them to retake the White House, but is hampered by an unimpressive array of candidates. If they go with Romney, he'll be the 2012 version of John Kerry -- smart guy, boring as hell as a candidate.

If they were actually to go with a nutcase like Santorum or Bachmann or Palin, we might see a lopsided re-election result on part with Clinton thumping Dole in '96.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 12:37:18 pm »

If they were actually to go with a nutcase like Santorum or Bachmann or Palin, we might see a lopsided re-election result on part with Clinton thumping Dole in '96.

If Palin becomes president, I move to Canada and start watching the downfall of the United States on the telly and internet every day.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 12:40:52 pm »

If Palin Obama becomes president again, I move to Canada and start watching the downfall of the United States on the telly and internet every day.
Fixed for you.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 12:43:37 pm »

If Palin Obama becomes president again, I move to Canada and start watching the downfall of the United States on the telly and internet every day.
Fixed for you.
This thread is off to a horrifying start.
Thank you based dwarf.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 12:44:42 pm »

Its time to waste my votes on 3rd parties and independents,You have probably never heard of them.

Ah, the ol' Hipster voting strategy? It's a gamble, but I want to see where this goes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 12:45:00 pm »

“Oh, yes, time to choose your next leader! Well, so long as you choose from the two colors presented.  Since we are all for voter choice, we shall let you decide which color is bad and which color is worse, but you must choose one or the other. Oh, and, I am sorry, but they are all men. No women, I'm afraid. Sure, we will pick one to run just so she can be publicly mocked, but you won't be seeing here in the Oval Office any time soon. We are progressive, but not quite that progressive. We had a half-black man, what more do you cretins want?

So, red or blue?”

I shall be sipping a tall glass of apathy and ignoring the election as is my usual practice. Enjoy all of the political buffoonery and empty bather that I hesitate to call rhetoric.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 12:46:25 pm »

Quite possibly voting 3rd-party.  California is not a swing state.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 12:46:36 pm »

This is the worst presidental election I've been alive for so far, and it happens to be the first one I'll be able to vote in. That's dissapointing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 12:47:40 pm »

This thread is off to a horrifying start.
It's what happens when you mix politics with the internet.

I'll be going for anything that ain't Obama. (Not that I can actually vote or anything)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 12:50:56 pm »

I might vote for Hillary, if she runs. I thought she was an idiot last election, but now for some reason I can't stop agreeing with a lot of things she says, and she's proved herself to be a very swell secretary of state.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 12:57:59 pm »

Ah, the ol' Hipster voting strategy? It's a gamble, but I want to see where this goes.
I was voting for the independent parties before it was cool.
Thank you based dwarf.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 01:27:01 pm »

“Oh, yes, time to choose your next leader! Well, so long as you choose from the two colors presented.  Since we are all for voter choice, we shall let you decide which color is bad and which color is worse, but you must choose one or the other. Oh, and, I am sorry, but they are all men. No women, I'm afraid. Sure, we will pick one to run just so she can be publicly mocked, but you won't be seeing here in the Oval Office any time soon. We are progressive, but not quite that progressive. We had a half-black man, what more do you cretins want?

So, red or blue?”

I shall be sipping a tall glass of apathy and ignoring the election as is my usual practice. Enjoy all of the political buffoonery and empty bather that I hesitate to call rhetoric.

Soooo coooool
Shoes...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28