Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bloodythorn - Dig Deeper Gold Comunity Fort  (Read 1057 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Bloodythorn - Dig Deeper Gold Comunity Fort
« on: June 19, 2011, 11:02:02 am »

Dig Deeper Gold thread

A Dig Deeper Gold Community fort, as you may have guessed, in order to show the contents of the mod. I've been wanting to do a community fort for some time, so it seemed like a convenient excuse.

Ladies and Gentledwarfs, I present to you: the prologue. (first real update coming soon)

Prologue - Exile

Curse the mountainhomes and their blasted generals. Curse them all! May their beards fall and their ale become poison! Who they think they are, to exile me, ME! I shall show them what happens when you exile me. But I better start at the beginning: I used to be a mechanic of the Abyssal Boards, our glorious civilization. When one of the bloody nobles died because he pulled a lever, built by me, that caused the room he was in to flood, I was the one to blame! It was clearly an accident, as you can see. But the general refused to believe me, thus I was sent with six others to make a “colony” in some remote desert island. It was, of course, an exile. The other that had been sent with me (a woodcutter, a carpenter, a farmer, two miners and a mason) also had been exiled, for one reason or another, and I’m sure they’ll send in even more exiles soon. I named this place Nashonkurik (or Bloodythorn, if you insist on using the human language).

DWARFS (if anyone wishes to claim them):
Spoiler: Miner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Carpenter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grower (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:20:48 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodythorn - Dig Deeper Gold Comunity Fort
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 11:16:02 am »

I'll claim the second miner please.

Purely for the fact that he likes Dark Elf Skulls so you just know he's going to be a badass.

Please rename him to The13thRonin.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:39:59 am by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 11:35:45 am »

I claim woodcutter, draft me into the military with an axe.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 12:29:42 pm »

Somehow, there are over 10 bats in the wood stockpile. Good thing I got a cat.

EDIT: Counting the corpses, I lost count after 30 or so. But they're all dead now. Update coming soon.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 12:37:58 pm by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 12:56:20 pm »

Chapter 1 – Dig Deeper

So, we’re here. A gods-forsaken white sand desert in the middle of nowhere. I guess I should shout “Strike the Earth” like everyone else.

A quick look over our surroundings shows that there are no trees or water sources in this area, but that’s not a real problem. We’re dwarfs, we don’t need this surface-world, anyway. And, as all dwarfs know, there are huge caverns that are cover this entire world. So we’ll have to dig, ever deeper, until we find them. The miners are already digging as I write this, so it shouldn’t be long. Sent our famer to grab some of the local plants, just in case.

The miners found the caverns, but… they’re empty. No water, no moss, no trees, not a living thing in sight. Strange. Oh well. Deeper we go. Meanwhile, our farmer seems to be scared to death of camels, for he runs from them  whenever they approach.

The miners found another cavern, but it took longer than I thought. I can see a couple of plump helmet men. I’ll try to capture those later.
There’s a bat infestation in our wood stockpile. Fortunately, our cat is taking care of that.

BATS! EVERYWHERE! AND THEIR CORPSES TOO! Well, not anymore it seems. The cat killed them all.

Conan, the woodcutter, says there’s a pack of crundles lurking about, but they don’t seem to want to attack. Yet.

One of the crundles crawled up the stairway to the surface, meeting Conan midway. The crundle died, of course. Shortly after, he charged into the rest of the pack, while one escaped to the surface, and entered a martial trance. I think I found our militia commander.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 12:59:46 pm »

Dibs on the miner.
Name: Nerev
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 02:11:28 pm »

I'd like the mason, please. Name: ImBocaire
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 05:21:50 pm »

An amusing thing I discovered while looking around.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 05:33:27 pm »

Chapter 2 – Migrants and more crundles

There’s a draltha roaming around the fort’s entrance, running whenever a dwarf gets near. I don’t want to send Conan in just yet, dralthas can be very dangerous when cornered.

Migrants have arrived. Excellent. They are: one glazer, one fisherdwarf, one furnace operator, one bone carver, one miller and one miner. All useful, except for the glazer and the miller. Assigned the glazer to woodcutting and the miller to cleaning fish and hauling. Conan is now a full-time soldier.

Fisherdwarf claims that he can’t catch any fish in the small underground lake next to the fort. Blasted lack of luck. Told him to keep trying.
While digging down to find magma for our smelters, our miners hit another cave. I guess I’ll just ignore it, for now.

We are out of booze, mostly due to a lack of containers. I ordered one of the migrants to fix that. Also, there have been reports of a giant cave spider.

Booze flows once more, thank the ancestors. Our dogs are breeding fast. Soon we’ll have either an army of wardogs or an emergency food supply. Either is fine by me.

Sent military (composed of two dwarfs) to clean out a crundle infestation. And that means more meat for us. Who needs a danger room when you have crundles?

More migrants have come.

More crundles dead, and a giant mole, too. Danger room nearly complete.

Merchants have arrived. About bloody time, I thought that was just a lie from the idiots back at the mountainhomes to keep us calm.
Traded some of our crap for more booze and a couple of anvils.

All the cave fish people have been killed. No casualties.

Crundles have disappeared, it seems. Now, however, there are trogs. I doubt they can defeat our fully cobalt armored two-dwarf military, however.

It seems Conan and the wrestler are in a kill contest, the wrester is winning, but only because he’s faster.

The weaver just stopped by to tell me there’s a gorlak near our entrance. No idea why he came to tell me that, but if the military gets bored, I’ll send them in to kill it.

It seems no migrants will be coming this winter. Shame.

A troll is here, and killed a baby llama, bastard. It was killed shortly after by Conan.

It’s the year’s end, it looks like. And we’re been attacked by a manera, too.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 07:26:03 pm »

What the hecks a draltha anyway :P?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.