Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Neoskel mods - UBER ADVENTURER RETURNS  (Read 4233 times)

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neoskel mods - Many More Mineral Men
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 10:37:02 am »

Came back and updated the mineral men for DF 2014. May not be relevant any more. I've finally been able to come back to DF after a long while, so I can get back into modding and stuff. I'll post as I make new stuff/update old stuff.
Hip hip hooray!

Mineral men are awesome. I always wondered why there weren't more kinds...

EDIT: you messed up the plural for satinspar men. If there's more than one, they should be satinspar men, not stainspar men. :P
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:41:23 am by Agent_Irons »

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
Re: Neoskel mods - Many More Mineral Men
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 02:55:09 pm »

Working on the uber adventurer now. It's ready for all your basic massacring needs now, but I really want to add stuff like transforming into different forms (such as a gigantic form and a multi-armed form) and separate the ability to fly off to a separate form. I also want to add a bunch of custom ability interactions, since right now all you can do is spit (MAGMA).

They lost some of their speed due to the movement/attack speed split and momentum, but they're still at least twice as fast as anything out there (be sure to set your speed). They do not tire, so go as fast as you want for as long as you want.

All their attacks have [ATTACK_FLAG_INDEPENDENT_MULTIATTACK] so you can chain as many of your attacks together as you have bodyparts that can attack with no penalties. All attacks are also 3 times faster to prepare and recover as most enemy attacks. Adventurers bleed and spit magma, but do not sweat, cry or get pus from infections. Spitting is actually a decent attacking option as the magma will cause major burns to the part that it hits and cause lots of bleeding. (you also have no wait time to spit again, so go on and pelt 'em)

They have no smell, but can smell EVERYTHING.

I did away with the silly bodypart materials (no more hearts of gold and nerves of steel) and instead used modified the standard materials in the creature file to have the mass of slade and the other properties of adamantine with the same heat resisting properties of dragon materials. I also did away with a bunch of liabilities such as joints, tendons and ligaments so it's harder for them to get hurt.

Right now adventurers can still get hurt, but mostly only if they're fighting other adventurers.

Also, i don't know what the skill token for tracking is, so i can't pump up their tracking skill. Anybody know what it is?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:01:54 pm by Neoskel »
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
Re: Neoskel mods - UBER ADVENTURER RETURNS
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 07:18:10 pm »

The stone, metal, and gem men won't show up in the arena even though I removed the tag that would normally cause them to not show up in the arena.
EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 07:22:02 pm by Redzephyr01 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]