Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: Drinking thread: Why yes I fancy organic lavender whitetea with my Irish whiskey  (Read 20632 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

posting to remember this thread in hoppier times.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Cinnamon and applejuice go well together, as well.

Please give us the name of what you bought, so we can avoid it in the future?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile

posting to remember this thread in hoppier times.
Dohoho, did actually laugh there.

One of my favourite local pubs has started brewing their own, I tasted their debut golden ale last night when I was there. It was pretty nice, all round. Can't remember what the beer was called, but the pub is called The Wellington Inn.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words

... whiskey ... [t]hat I paid 20 dollars for ...

Well there's your problem. :P

Whisky is worth drinking if it meets two criteria:
1. It is spelled whisky, and is preferably from Scotland.
2. It is produced with enough care to be expensive.

Then again, my Scotch of choice is Laphroaig, so that may well make my opinion moot.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then again, my Scotch of choice is Laphroaig, so that may well make my opinion moot.

Seconded on that. Laphroaig is tasty stuff - why would liking it affect the opinion of your opinion?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words

Seconded on that. Laphroaig is tasty stuff - why would liking it affect the opinion of your opinion?

A lot of my Scotch-drinking friends lean more toward milder types, and find the peat and smoke of Laphroaig a bit much--out of the five or six friends who fall into the Scotch-drinking category, only one has liked it without reservation.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While Peat Monster is past my tastes a little bit, I do like a good peaty scotch.
The mild scotches with honey finishes and whatnot? not my thing. In the non-peaty scotches, there is this one I'd like to try again (whose name I did not catch! woe!) that tasted like it had salt water taffy in it.

I get the fuss about Highland Park, but I wish there was more smokiness in it.

I am one of the lucky few, with a friend who likes to share his extensive scotch collection.
[/quote]

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile

If you like peat whiskey I suggest you try some of the Cooley Distillery selection if you haven't already http://www.cooleywhiskey.com/

The cask strength is a real killer.Not sure about international availability though but it's all at a fairly reasonable price .Most of the Irish whiskey that gets exported is a bit weak for my taste.
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you like peat whiskey I suggest you try some of the Cooley Distillery selection if you haven't already http://www.cooleywhiskey.com/

Hah. Cute loading screen.

You know, I think I've been hearing about this peated irish whiskey (with an 'e') from someone I know. They had many many positive things to say, if it's the same one.
[/quote]

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

None of the suggestions worked.

However, I FINALLY found something to kill the cinnamon.

Vinegar+Lime Juice.

Unfortunately, it also kills the taste of the whiskey (which ruins the point), and increases the strength of the normal whisky burn.

I think I might have to write this off.

Edit:
Erghh... stomach... not feeling... so good...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 10:25:40 pm by GlyphGryph »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Try mixing milk in with that combination.

I should warn you, if you're desperate enough to have considered that without thinking it through, this is the worst advice I've ever given anyone, and I've linked somebody to goatse before. To be fair to myself, I thought it was pretty clear that they weren't supposed to click the link given the context, but they'd never heard of it before and I guess I wasn't as obvious as I thought. >__________>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Protip: Don't do that. Have you tried honey and lemon juice?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

None of the suggestions worked.

Try drinking (sipping!!) it out of a cup like this:

...with a big ol' ice-cube in the middle of the cup. Works for a lot of strong flavoured drinks.
[/quote]

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Look, it's a 20$ bourbon. Either drink it all at once to forget your sorrows or wash it down the drain.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Wearin' my cuban shirt, smokin' a fat cuban, drinkin' a triple Bruichladdich An Turas Mor, and my girlfriend is cleaning the kitchen... :D

Life's awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19