Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Drinking thread: Why yes I fancy organic lavender whitetea with my Irish whiskey  (Read 20633 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Germans wouldn't use something arcane and inefficient like a non-SI unit.

Yet they'd measure volume in a unit of distance!
Real men measure beer in how long the trail of puke you leave afterwards is.
Real men hold their liquor.
Right. So imagine how much beer is in a meter.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Germans wouldn't use something arcane and inefficient like a non-SI unit.

Yet they'd measure volume in a unit of distance!
Real men measure beer in how long the trail of puke you leave afterwards is.
Real men hold their liquor.
Right. So imagine how much beer is in a meter.

1 Dwarf's worth.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I heard a story about a German town that was saved by a yard of beer. The defending leader challenged the leader of the invading army to a contest to determine the outcome of the battle. That kind of thing was relatively common in that period. He challenged him not to a duel, but a drinking contest. The one to drink a yard of beer in a single move and not vomit would win. So they lifted their yards and both drank the whole thing. The invader could not hold his and so the invading army spared the town and its defenders. The champion died later that day.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile

Berlin debrief:

Radler: nice, but citrussy undertones were a little bit too much for me, personally

Berliner: nice, but a bit too much 'beer' flavour

Krombacher: stone cold classic

Dos Equis: nice with a burrito, not sure if I was allowed to drink mexican in Berlin, but seemed to get away with it.

Numerous un-identified: nice. I preferred the Krombacher type ones, definitely. Probably was some more Berliner snuck in there, as well. Drank less than i might, but that's okay cos that just meant more sleep.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile

Ringwood Boondoggle. Finally found it in bottle in the beer shop after trying it on draught on holiday 2 years ago. Good stuff.

Drink-wise I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, because I'm going to see Judas Priest, and big live music venues mean expensive, bad drinks. Hopefully they
finish before the pubs close.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Today, Mr. Morgan, some merlot, Mr. Daniels, and friends. Thank you for keeping us company. Now tell me, why is the rum gone?

Yes, I am pretty fucked right about now, in a good way, but not the best way.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile

I'm fucked cause Daniels was the only thing I had,
Now I am out.
Thank you based dwarf.

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile

The Captain is at the helm...Been drinking morgans out of a handcarved orange...i think it was an orange. also dipped into my stash of Middleton Vr and Dwars white label.....Need to find some henn before I sober up....
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Currently working thrrough a bottle of rum, with some 2l bottles of coke to mix with. Past half way. Going to be fun tomorrow morning.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I only drink intermittently, but I am quite fond of drunk company. People are always much more honest and straightforward when drinking... it's easier to trust what they say as true.

I think the height of my carousing was trying various tasty beers at the local brewery during my 21st birthday, alongside some deep-fried pickles (such lovely things) and sweet potato fries. To follow was drunken Chess (I lost), and drunken Jenga (I won). After that, we walked a mile or so home, singing karaoke into the night air. When we got home, several musician friends and I got together and had a brief jam-session, wherein I accompanied Johnny Cash with my exceedingly expensive french saxophone, tumbled backwards over the couch, tucked around it and rolled backwards, landed on my feet, and continued playing. The sax was unscathed.

The major traits I've noticed when I've drunk a bit is that I try too hard to be witty, and I lose a lot of my vocabulary filters (so bigger words come out to play). I tend to maintain my balance better, because I'm not carrying myself as rigidly, and I tend to want to play around and perform for people's enjoyment a lot more. Oddly, I find it easier to focus... or rather it's harder to focus, so I'm forced to commit more mental power to paying attention. In many ways, my memory is clearer while drunk than while sober.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:07:16 am by Solifuge »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish I got out to gigs earlier, because then I could go to the pub before and not deal with shitty expensive drinks inside. And then all of them are closed after you get out. Sigh.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Couldn't resist reviving this thread for a very special beer.

Scneider's Hopfenweiss is a strong wheat-beer. With a lot of hops.

It's about 8.5% and it has a pretty unique (to me) taste - still has that refreshing wheaty breadiness to it, but my, is it strongly hopped. Really delicious.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally bought a whiskey, thought I'd try something new and- Oh god why does it smell like cinnamon.

Oh god it tastes like cinnamon too.

I hate cinnamon. Try to drink it, end up crying. Consider washing it down with wine, but I don't want to waste the wine. I've got nothing else but water, so I suffer for 15 minutes.

Now its just sitting, taunting me. I can't bear to toss the whiskey. Booze. That I paid 20 dollars for. I can't get rid of it.

And I can't drink it.

It's tearing me apart guys, I don't know what to do. I just don't know. :(

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... cinnamon whisky? After some looking around, a few mixed drink ideas come up:

1) Mix with Pineapple or Cranberry Juice, and add Ice
2) Mix 1 part with 4 parts Coca-Cola
3) Mix 1 part with 1 part Apple cider
4) Mix 1 shot with 1 mug Hot Chocolate

Waste not, want not, and all that. I suspect that wanting isn't a problem in regard to this... but if any of these work let me know!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Cinnamon and cocoa are fun together. Mix them when you want something warm and alcoholic.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19