Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Drinking thread: Why yes I fancy organic lavender whitetea with my Irish whiskey  (Read 20651 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Drinking thread: What we don't have one?
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2011, 02:07:16 am »

When I was 10 or 12, all booze tasted like ass. Except the girly candy flavored stuff. I know it sounds cliche', but as you get older your taste buds do change pretty significantly. Booze takes on a lot of flavors and complexities that you didn't notice as a young 'un.

Which is why I can't stand PBR, Coors, Miller, Bud Light....I can taste the fucking can. It's like a pilsner that someone has stripped 80% of the flavor out of so you can pound 3 back in 5 minutes.

Although some preferences from adolescence do stick. My parents let me try dry white wine as a kid and laughed that I thought it was nasty. Who knows, maybe it was wine from a box. I still don't prefer dry whites to this day. But I can appreciate them.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 02:09:56 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2011, 02:19:10 am »

Well, tastebuds change, but I swear, I will never prefer beer over something else.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2011, 03:15:00 am »

Which is why I can't stand PBR, Coors, Miller, Bud Light....I can taste the fucking can. It's like a pilsner that someone has stripped 80% of the flavor out of so you can pound 3 back in 5 minutes.

Can or not, I fail to recognize Bud Light as even being beer. I'm not sure what it is, really. Its taste doesn't really offend me that much, but it doesn't taste particularly good, either... it's just some kind of weird, bitter icewater.

I like wheat beers. Nice and frothy, like liquid bread.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2011, 08:06:43 am »

Can or not, I fail to recognize Bud Light as even being beer. I'm not sure what it is, really. Its taste doesn't really offend me that much, but it doesn't taste particularly good, either... it's just some kind of weird, bitter icewater.

I like wheat beers. Nice and frothy, like liquid bread.
<3 wheat beer. Weihenstephan Hefeweissbier augh so nice. Or Schneider Adventinus.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2011, 08:24:12 am »

Hmm, alcohol. Allegedly, I got wasted on a thimbleful of champagne on my first birthday but naturally I don't remember that.

I do enjoy the occasional beer and like some wine with my fancier meals, but I'm not a connoisseur of either. My true love and the only drink I'm prepared to spend unreasonable amounts on is whisky. I always have between half a dozen and a dozen bottles open, usually 15-25 years old and at cask strength (if I want watered-down whisky I'll do it myself to my own taste... rather than buying it pre-diluted to the point where it's barely whisky).

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2011, 08:37:53 am »

Note to self: post here when I get home tonight.

Cask strength (60%) burns BURNS but oh so good.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2011, 08:49:47 am »

I'm a huge fan of water, actually. Tea is pretty good too, but mainly on cold days. I only rarely drink soda, even on hot days, as I vastly prefer lemonade.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2011, 01:05:23 pm »

Apparently, one of my friends was in last night and his mum was having a glass of red wine, so he just strolled through the kitchen, shouted "I AM ROBERT BARATHEON" grabbed the bottle and just sort of... DOOK DOOK DOOK.

He's a pretty crazy guy.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2011, 01:55:12 pm »

I don't drink often. I cant stand beer, I tend to drink vodka mixed with fruit juice or Jager.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2011, 06:15:11 pm »

Jager is... shit. So much else that's better.

Okay I am... rdunk..-ish? something like that. No real stories. Met people, got drunk, went home before things got out of hand, I feel mature.
Ish, of course.
No t really.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2011, 07:24:13 pm »

I've only tried sips of alcohol. Though, from what I've tasted, it tastes pretty good. Too bad it's illegal to drink.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2011, 03:25:10 am »

I'm glad that was the only post I made yesterday...  ::)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2011, 04:13:48 am »

Your "not-so-drunken" posting involved just one post with a bit of silly grammar.  :P

Mine involved creating this thread in the first place and inviting everyone on an internet date by linking them to rainfall, a crackling fire, and smooth jazz.

Classy indeed.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2011, 04:50:42 am »

Even at the party I behaved like a reasonable and amiable human being. I think.

Although one of them did say "You're not even trying to be a nice person, are you?". I don't remember what I did but I'll take that as a compliment.

Also, there's a downside to drinking I keep forgetting about when I drink: The next day  :(.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2011, 06:54:24 am »

Also, there's a downside to drinking I keep forgetting about when I drink: The next day  :(.
Would you believe I've never encountered that problem from heavy drinking? (A single can of PBR is another story.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19