Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Drinking thread: Why yes I fancy organic lavender whitetea with my Irish whiskey  (Read 20663 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: Drinking thread: What we don't have one?
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2011, 12:54:54 am »

The only kind of thing I drink is kaluha in an open cup, outside, when it's raining. I call it the bittersweet.

Ok I really just drink the normal shit like beer but damn that's poetic.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2011, 01:04:06 am »

BUBBLEGUM VODKA

You know, bubblegum flavoured vodka could contain antioxidants, strengthen immune response, increase libido and prevent cancer, and I would still never, ever try the stuff. That just sounds vile.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2011, 06:41:14 am »

I'm sober, and always will be.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2011, 07:14:43 am »

BUBBLEGUM VODKA

You know, bubblegum flavoured vodka could contain antioxidants, strengthen immune response, increase libido and prevent cancer, and I would still never, ever try the stuff. That just sounds vile.

Two words: Bacon Vodka.

Although the kind I had was homemade and not commercial. it was....not unpleasant. I wouldn't drink it straight up, but I think you could make some damn tasty martinis with it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2011, 07:14:56 am »

There's a bottle of Marston's Old Empire in the fridge and I WANT IT. But it is the afternoon and I have some standards. I mean, if you're going to drink in the afternoon you should make sure you've got LOADS to drink. I did do some drinkin' on saturday - about 6 bottles of decent beer and an unknown quantity of JD. JD doesn't taste of much to me and we had enough money for decent whiskey but a lot of my friends are silly and don't drink spirits anyway so they were all like "woo JD adverts tell us this is good." Drank it anyway.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2011, 07:36:37 am »

I've recently developed a taste for Koppaberg, which is odd because I usually hate Ciders, Beers, Lagers and such. I'm more of a VK/WkD, Vodka and Lemonade, Vodka and Redbull, Jaggerbomb man myself...they taste nice and after sufficient amounts of them get me happily sloshed and dancing which since I go clubbing more than I go pubbing, is a good thing.

In America I would be a minor, but here in Glourious England I've been old enough to legally buy alcohol for over a year :D Which means I've been drinking it at parties and the like for just under 4 years ;D

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2011, 07:50:22 am »

I've recently developed a taste for Koppaberg, which is odd because I usually hate Ciders, Beers, Lagers and such. I'm more of a VK/WkD, Vodka and Lemonade, Vodka and Redbull, Jaggerbomb man myself...they taste nice and after sufficient amounts of them get me happily sloshed and dancing which since I go clubbing more than I go pubbing, is a good thing.
Most of my friends are like this. Certainly limits the numbers of people I can go out with, that's for sure. I tend to go to pubs or small live music events on my nights out. I think I'm roughly the same age as you. Oh, and I generally hate parties - they're generally boring parties full of drunk, vomiting teenagers or boring "parties" with some old friends who turned out as stoners.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2011, 10:46:51 am »

I'm mostly a scotch drinker. Bout some Cutty Sark over the weekend. Will not purchase again. The after-burn is horrendous, and this is from someone whoe cna dring Bacardi 151 straight without complaint. (Do not drink Bacardi 151 straight. It dries out your throat pretty quickly, but by the time you notice, you've stopped caring.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2011, 11:22:12 am »

Damn, how did I miss this thread?

1. Heineken sucks.
2. Grolsch is great. But only cold, lukewarm it tastes like ass.

For taste, I drink sip Scottish Single Malt (from a small but expensive "look at me I being knowledgeable" collection). In quantity, beer (lager/pilsner). To get hammered, Long Island Ice Teas, White Russians, Vodka, Tequila, Caipirinhas and I kind of like rum but not a big fan. Stories abundant. Next time, maybe.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2011, 11:35:29 am »

I need to show my wife this thread next time she worries about my red wine consumption.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2011, 12:57:51 pm »

How do you know how asses taste?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2011, 01:07:52 pm »

Most of my friends are like this. Certainly limits the numbers of people I can go out with, that's for sure. I tend to go to pubs or small live music events on my nights out. I think I'm roughly the same age as you. Oh, and I generally hate parties - they're generally boring parties full of drunk, vomiting teenagers or boring "parties" with some old friends who turned out as stoners.

But dancing is just the best. You don't drink and dance at your small live music events either?

Actually I don't really drink much when I go out or clubbing, that shit is stupid expensive beyond what its worth.

Also parties are what you make of them, if you don't like boring parties throw one that isn't. I personally like Murder Mystery dinner parties. Though regular parties with beer pong or even just regular table tennis can be pretty fun too. I love party games.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2011, 01:14:55 pm »

I'm teetotal, but I'm posting here so I can watch any hilarious drunken antics stories that show up. I've been quite deprived of them, as both of my parents fail to become Angry Drunk or Amusing Drunk, but are instead both Annoying Drunk every time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2011, 01:35:38 pm »

How do you know how asses taste?
Because I drank Grolsch lukewarm. I studied in Enschede, they'll lynch you if you drink anything but Grolsch.  ::)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2011, 02:14:45 pm »

Since there have been few antics for MetalSlimeHunt to read, I guess I'll share my best story. I recall, a long time ago, sharing with the forum the story of how a group of friends and myself broke into a hotel and faced legal consequences, for the sake of meeting some friends and girl friends. This story is the sequel to that story, much like Star Wars, but in an Episode IV sort of way, rather than the first three prequel/sequel movies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19