Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Drinking thread: Why yes I fancy organic lavender whitetea with my Irish whiskey  (Read 20626 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

Now working in a wine store.
No, I know nothing about wine.

Should be interesting. My alcohol budget is going to have to go into "research" for the next while, methinks.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got rid of the crap drink, moved onto Kung Fu Girl, which is best wine.

Definite step up.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

You drink wine called "Kung Fu Girl"?

I'm really not much of a wine snob but... WTF?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

At the festival this weekend, filled with hipsters, there was a stand by "Hobo Wine Co.", so I'm not surprised.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words

I had a nice merlot by Rex Goliath Wines, which is named after a 47-pound rooster..

Until you get to the very big, very old names, wineries really aren't very stodgy at all. :P

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Depends on your continent.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I had a nice merlot by Rex Goliath Wines, which is named after a 47-pound rooster..

Until you get to the very big, very old names, wineries really aren't very stodgy at all. :P

Oh yeah, I think I've had some Rex Goliath as well.

I'm very peculiar about wines. They're a bit like fine art, in my case -- I have an intellectual grasp on the broad-brush basics (expressionism, modernism, romanticism; styles of grape, regions, harvest times, etc.) but when it comes to the actual finished product it's purely just "I like this" or "I don't like this". I can't give you highbrow, critical reasons why. Plus, I tend to go for wines and art that are rather bold and offbeat. I like Dali and Escher, I like Egri Bikaver and Chianti.

Whereas beer and movies, I can be much more snobbish. I've had a lot more experience with both, and can appreciate the finer nuances of both. And in both cases, I don't like watered-down, easy to swallow versions. As I used to say, "I like a beer I can chew on for a while." Particularly Imperial Russian Stouts. Gods...a good IRS is like drinking a Black Forest Cake.  :P

I used to be a conossieur of single-malt scotch and bourbon, but I just can't hang like that anymore. Still enjoy the occasional nip, but I drank my liver into oblivion in my early 20's.

Try mixing milk in with that combination.
I probably wouldn't do that with cinnamon-flavored whiskey, but I will say that milk and dark rum make an excellent combination. I made up a drink in college that used 3 parts milk, 2 parts Irish cream, and 1 part Bermuda black rum. The milk deadened the burn on the front-end, so it tasted a bit like a chai latte or some kind of flavored milk. And you could drink several before you suddenly realized you were wobbling and slurring.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

You drink wine called "Kung Fu Girl"?

I'm really not much of a wine snob but... WTF?

.. By the makers of "Velvet Devil" and "Boom".
The highly trained wine snobbery experts in my workplace love the stuff. Apparently it's good and has awesome branding.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't really know much about wine, but I've drank quite a bit of it and Kung Fu girl is far and away the favorite of both me and my girlfriend.

(Not that I'm super-picky about wine or much of a wine snob. If its isn't Cabernet Sauvignon I'm usually happy. But yeah, I've had far more snobbish people agree with me about it being good, so...)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile

Had my first pint of proper beer since saturday last week after spending 5 days on tinned beer and tesco finest dark rum at Bloodstock. Augfghgghgf so good.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

So on a scale of "Piss" to "Good", where does Foster's fall? I bought a can of it (for the purpose of boiling bratwurst, admittedly) and am wondering if 2 bucks is an acceptable price.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So on a scale of "Piss" to "Good", where does Foster's fall? I bought a can of it (for the purpose of boiling bratwurst, admittedly) and am wondering if 2 bucks is an acceptable price.
Australians won't even drink that :P.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone on the East coast of USA drink beer brewed by Victory?
I'm rather fond of their Golden Monkey, a rich beer with 9.5% alcohol content. The pint bottles are enough to get you just past buzzed on their own.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Australians won't even drink that :P.
So you're saying I put it to the only acceptable use, then.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile

Fosters is undrinkable garbage of the lowest order.

As of last week I am broke, having spent £350 on booze over about 2 weeks. The rest of my friends are still at it, thanks to their student loans and better jobs than mine - come next year, though, that'll be me too. Also COMPLETELY WORTH IT because we went to so many nice pubs and the York Brewery and so many amazing off-licenses. And several amazing gigs, legal and, uh, less legal.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19