Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Jacos' Ultimate Badass Peasant Challenge!  (Read 5300 times)

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jacos' Ultimate Badass Challenge!
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 12:27:06 pm »

oh... and id suggest to not think fishes are easy way to increase your fighting skills...
I had a vicios fight with a Longnose Gar got quite badly kicked ass there, couldnt even kill the Gar when i had to flee. A moment later, as i was swimming and finding my way out of the river (I dont know why i couldnt just move out of it, when i had adequate skill and all. nothing happened when i tried to alt+move) Sea lamprey killed me before i even noticed there were anyone near me

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 02:06:41 pm »

I don't have the combat report anymore,

Yes you do! Go to gamelog.txt in the dwarf fortress file. All combat logs are recorded there for all to see.
Thanks  :)
Spoiler: The Epic Battle (click to show/hide)
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 02:55:50 pm »

I can't even survive more than an ingame week as a hero :(

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jacos' Ultimate Badass Peasant Challenge!
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 05:10:06 pm »

the rules and title have been updated to the most recent rule set

Ascaronth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 06:14:46 pm »

Starting now... Will probably report soon :P

Edit: Dorf Desc in the spoiler

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Already dropped everything except my black bronze kriss and my backpack. I dunno if I'll use the kriss. I want to become a legendary wrestler/kicker/striker/biter

Edit2: Eventually I ran into a pack of jackals... They were too fast for me and there were no places to hide xD. Starting anew.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:23:54 pm by Ascaronth »

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 10:15:49 pm »

Okay, I'm trying this out. Currently I'm an elf, and have managed to kill a troglodyte. Will post later regarding future exploits.

EDIT: Attacked a camp. Managed to kill one goblin, but at the cost of both arms and my lower spine. The next goblin impaled me with his spear, in my head. I died. Time to reroll.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:33:40 pm by rridgway »

Cuppsworth

• Bay Watcher
  • Cuppy Cuppsworth, Baron of Prague
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 01:25:44 am »

I'm going to have to try this in the morning. Might go nude.
Cuppsworth has turned into the 'penny pincher'.

After the great trauma of having some one steal one penny from him he has invented a alter ego who stocks the night and fights crime in the city of Gotham Penny-Villa. With his faithful ward buck boy he strikes fear into the hearts of petty criminals everywhere.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 09:23:59 am »

Just a note, from my experience, I would say that being an elf is the way of going, as it means that animals won't attack you, doesn't it?

Ascaronth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 11:25:23 am »

Ok, after four or five deaths I managed something. I discovered that being a dwarfette (caste and gender chosen always randomly) nets you ~400 speed more than being a dwarf. And that's a very nice thing since my chosen zone (an island, to make things more difficult) is full of jackals.
Also It's the first time I'm using 31.25. Since 1 on 1 is impossible even against a red fox or a duck I decided to become a thrower first, so I can cause major injuries, and then go near and kick/strike them to deat (Note: I always start naked. I drop everything but the food, even if it's useless as of now).
I discovered in this version is MUCH harder to hit something by throwing... I almost never hit, and I'm even a legendary thrower already. I did not grind it, but to land a single hit on something I have to throw a LOT of stones. I also noticed it's easier to hit something if you're not hiding.
I don't know if my lack of precision (even being a legendary thrower) is caused by the 31.25 version (unlikely) or by my very low stats (likely). I've also been ambushed by wolves (ran away) jackals (ran away) and goblins...
I killed the leader with a fireball arrow (I was going to die otherwise) since I'd never tried it and the other ran away. I don't think I'm ever using a fireball arrow/bolt again since they don't make any sense: you craft them with nothing.
I could understand if you were an obsidian dwarf you could throw a fire on an arrow or something... I don't know, I'm never using them again. Also before the goblin ambush I discovered that turkey wings are really easy to break, and once that happens they give in to pain easily, so you can kick them to death while they're unconscious (I hope it's spelled correctly).
I killed 4 turkeys this way and now I have a turkey bone breastlpate, helm, boots and somethign I can't remember, plus the goblin leader equipment. We'll see how I die today :P

I eventually died killed by fish. I than changed mod (now I'm playing the Monster Hunter Universe mod) and my next char lasted I think 30 seconds, then he was one shotted by a bullfango ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:45:24 am by Ascaronth »

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 04:48:31 am »

yet another adventurer and i actually completed a quest! though i've no idea how. i was asked to kill Orc bowman, i sneaked into their camp to steal some stuff but it was too crowded, found that bowman yelling his name and i left the camp, went into a settlement and i noticed that i could report success and villagers were all ecstatic because i was so heroic and killed their... nemesis.

I hadn't touched anyone in the camp and there were no fighting. only message i got, in that village was when my adventurer went into martial trance. Odd

checked the legends and the orc was killed by Wengyua Razorpunch, with cobalt boning knife. Now this Wengyua is a bit mystery. he hasnt done anything, except mortally wounding that bowman. Wengyua must have been just a random peasant who got lucky

allright.... seems like i pressed "Modify" instead of "quote"... bollocks. cant be bothered with rewriting my whole lifestory again. well, all the important stuff is atleast visible
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:33:26 am by Doro »

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 05:05:55 am »

Just a note, from my experience, I would say that being an elf is the way of going, as it means that animals won't attack you, doesn't it?

true, elf would be good choice since you arent getting ambushed by animals and you can fight animals one by one. Tried a Sylvan elf in genesis and i got ripped apart by 3 brook trolls. they were wandering around cave entrance where i was about to take a nap

EDIT: started new Elf adventurer and oddly, i spawned in the middle of glacier. but some luck i had when i got ambushed by two kobold wrestlers. what a pitiful creatures they were, barely bruised my skin with their tiny little fists  :P

I wandered 3 days in glacier, seeking way out of there, before i noticed that... this is end of the world. i've travelled wrong way all these days -.-
finally i found my way out of glacier and am now seeking settlements of some sort. good thing i dont have night creatures in this world, or i would be dead already

I think attacking animals as an elf should be forbidden, because they can't even fight back and only counter-attack sometimes.

urgh, i tried this as a human in unmodded game and i died in a single turrn. looks like i have to be more careful
EDIT: the second one died to bogies. after succesfully robbing a bandit camp and even buying a sword. I tried to lure them to a river to be eaten by an alligator, but it turned on me instead.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:57:36 am by nanomage »

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 06:48:32 am »

I tried this thing too. Unmoded game, most recent version.

Created retarded Dwarfgirl, below averange str, and low toughness. (Novice Dodger, Adequate Shield user << has no shields, yet)

Proceded to nearest forsaken fortress.

Dont know what you people were saying about ducks and badgers, but she ripped apart EVERYTHING. Dispatched 4 wolf packs and cought a bleeding only once.

As for now she has 52 kills - all wildlife. Skills arent high yet, but i think i will risk taking a name now.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:50:17 am by kissa3 »

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 06:51:40 am »

woah. 52 kills? O_o i get kicked ass by pretty much everyone i see in wilderness.

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 07:03:44 am »

I tried this thing too. Unmoded game, most recent version.

Created retarded Dwarfgirl, below averange str, and low toughness. (Novice Dodger, Adequate Shield user << has no shields, yet)

Proceded to nearest forsaken fortress.

Dont know what you people were saying about ducks and badgers, but she ripped apart EVERYTHING. Dispatched 4 wolf packs and cought a bleeding only once.

As for now she has 52 kills - all wildlife. Skills arent high yet, but i think i will risk taking a name now.

Now my first notable kill. It was really easy for some reason.

Sumost Tubeaction the mate of the emaced man. Lived for 450yrs till some peasant stabbed it to death. That creature had about 5 scars and 1 kill.

My body had 5 injured parts, including an eyelid (creature latched on to it). Mostly bruises, but right upper arm was torn open.

I think thats the first notable kill on the post  8)

Will report on her luck regulary.

:EDIT:
Cannon fodder stole an ogre kill. Kost Glowbolted the ogre spouse of shadow. Tore my lower leg open and damaged pancreas.
I now have average strength. 

This next thing, nearly cost her her life. Ability to stand lost.

Litheme Nightdied the Grave of Tombs the midnight crone. Slain by a cannon fodder again (fuuuu).

She and her 2 cannon fodders approached the lair, and walked in. After few turns one cannon fodder was ripped apart, and the midnight crone positioned between her and the other cannon fodder. Then creature was brutaly brutalized for about 20 turns. Everything red, and still got only a minor bleeding. The creature was wielding a chainmail sock . After few more rounds cannon fodder fell in to pain, and the creature bit and ripped apart her leg, so down to 270 speed.

Then i retreated my adventuress, and barely escaped. After a restock of cannon fodder and a shopping spree (a copper shield and an iron spear, no armor through entire play) i returned, to continue beating the hell out of creature.

20 more turns latter, one cannon fodder dead, creature had been cut in half by a farmer wielding a copper slicing knife.

I plan on retiring this badass adventuress, cause of inability to walk, or might have her as a commander of cannon fodders :)

After 2 creatures and one Crone still no naming :(

I looked into Legends, and my first notable kill was a Lady of a nation. She got kidnapped and twisted and gave birth to 4 generations of Night creatures.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:40:16 am by kissa3 »

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 07:21:11 am »

i think this will be the post dedicated to Zefon Kasithustos, the not-so-badass-yet adventurer.
She started with stealing from three nearby bandit camps to earn some money and equipment.
When i had quite a set of bronze gear and an iron mail shirt, i decided to take on her first bandit camp.
The battle was really awesome and ended in something like a draw:
She has returned after two days though and finished off the unforrtunate axeman:
EDIT:
killed a crossbowman and a bowman, and then it's time for the first quest target:
hooray!
i'm eligible for 2 carpenter companions now, right?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:44:27 am by nanomage »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4