Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: AncientAshes a dig deeper gold community fort  (Read 3836 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AncientAshes a dig deeper gold community fort
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 04:16:21 pm »

Journal of Strongbeard
About a few weeks had gone by since the arrival of the migrants, and the wall was finally finished.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There was great delight among the dwarves as this meant they could focus the military and traps in one location as well it meant they could all get a good nights rest untroubled by the thought of ambush and death. With the wall finished new projects could begin construction, the first of which was trapping the front gate. Strongbeard remembered that a mechanic had arrived with the migrants so decided to enlist him to construct the traps. He was found in the stockpile cleaning away bits of debris and garabage, mumbling to himself about how everything needed to be tidy. “Oi are ye a mechanic Aroth, or a maid.” Questioned Strongbeard. “Im a mechanic but i cannot work in such a unclean environment.” Returned the distracted dwarf  . “Right......well we got mechanisms already i need ye to install them in some traps so we can be safe.” “Are any of these mechanisms masterwork?” returned the mechanic. “ No but why.....” “Sorry cant do it then interrupted the mechanic. “Um why cant ye do it.” Grumbled a increasingly more irritated Strongbeard. “I just cant sorry” and Aroth went back to his industrious cleaning. Strongbeard now angry at being both told no and being ignored turned and shouted “RUTSBER!!!!!!” the smith was quick to arrive. “What is it Strongbeard i was just making some stone pots.....” “Go make the traps.” Barked Strongbeard. “But thats his job” snapped Rutsber, quickly getting angry himself. “JUST GO DO IT” roared Strongbeard who then stomped off to find alcohol. Rutsber was quite angry now having been yelled at and told to do someone elses job so he did the next best thing. “CRAFTSMAN, GET OVER HERE.” One of the crafters that came with the migrant wave popped his head in “Ya Rutsber boss” “Go make the traps” snapped Rutsber. “Um ok boss im no good at it though.” The dwarf hurried off to go begin the preparations to make the traps.
Meanwhile else were in the fort “I’ve told you for the last time we need more types of food, and im saying this both as a doctor and the clerk.” Calmly argued Ego. “Nope i aint doin it” continued the farmer with his long heard response. “and Strongbeard hasn’t told me to anyways so why would i listen to you.” Ego now was beginning to loose his patience once more “BECAUSE IM THE BLOODY MANAGER AND TELL PEOPLE THE JOBS AND WHAT TO DO!!!!” “Well mister manager why doent you go magically find some different seeds then i can do what ye ask.” The famer turned back to the still and continued his brewing. Ego was quick to go find Strongbeard and make his request.
“The first caravan we get we need to buy seeds.” “why” grunted Strongbeard while training with Groder and The13thRonin. “Because as i have told you before we need variety for are diet.” Responded Ego. The13thRonin laughed “I would like to get armour and a weapon before that thank you very much.” “I agree” said Strongbeard “we need other things first.” “Fine” relinquished Ego “can we at least start on the hospital as we will need it, and my office?” “Nope traps, forge, meeting and dinning hall, theeeeeeen the hospital.” Responded Strongbeard while dodging a punch from Groder. “But....but.....you said last month that we...” started Ego before being cut off by Strongbeard “Priorities my friend the hospital will be started in due time.” Ego just threw his hands up in frustration and left to the sounds of Strongbeard giving pointers and congratulations on a good strike to the recruits. Ego caught up with Scuba who was walking by on his way to carve more rooms. “Bad meeting with Strongbeard again? ” Chimed Scuba kind heartedly “You could say that” returned Ego. “You could just start a guild of your own you know that way you could have work that you need done be done without needing to ask Strongbeard.” “I can do that?” questioned Ego. “yup we may be in one of the world’s deadliest locations but we are still subject to dwarven law.” Finished Scuba before saying farwell and heading to his work.

Ooc thats right anyone can start a guild they just need to put the guilds profession and any tasks they may want the guild to attend to. Tasks do not have to be related to the guild’s profession, you may also join any guild in existence. Anyways please send the feed back as this story is only possible with the community’s involvement.   

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 06:12:37 pm »

I want a smith's guild called "The Forges of Irony". The first task is a magma smelter and forge. Have fun!   :D
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 07:01:06 pm »

ok guild will be up in the next one and thanks i will

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2011, 10:08:29 pm »

Ssssooooo... figured I'd put this back on the first page. Cave Johnson, we're done here.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 01:21:18 pm »

lol sorry guys will have update this weekend, or today, work has been a bit busy.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 02:33:20 pm »

Journal of Strongbeard
Strongbeard was sitting in the storeroom enjoying a long cool drink of wine when the13thRonin came in “Sir I have somethin ta tell ye.” Strongbeard waved his hand to tell the13thRonin to continue. “Well sir, Rutsber has declared that he has started a smiths Guild called The Forges of Irony, and he says he wants a magma forge and smelter.” Strongbeard paused his drinking, “Does he now, and is he aware that we got no magma, we don’t even have a hospital.” “Dunno sir im just letting you know.” “well you and Groder go bring Rutsber here we need ta talk.” The13thRonin left to carry out the orders of Strongbeard, as he left Ego came in. “Well can ye start me hospital yet the wall and traps are done...” “Yup already started infact ye should go over see the work.” Responded Strongbeard eager to send Ego on his way. “Oh, alright thanks.” And with that Ego left to look into the work.
A few minutes later the13thROnin and Groder arrived with Rutsber. “Well i hear that ye are makin a guild o smiths.” Said Strongbeard. “Yes and what of it” responded Rutsber slightly annoyed by being interrupted. “Well ya see we got no Magma to fulfill yer request.” “Dig for it then” said Rutsber cutting off Strongbeard. “Weeeeell who do ye suppose is goin ta dig it for ye.” “Me fellow craftsmen who have signed up ta join me Guild” said Rutsber grinning. “Fine, just don’t ye slow down mme projects or ye we have me ta deal with, now go.” Rutsber turned around and left triumph written all over his face. He quickly gathered his fellow guild mates and began to setup a forge to make enough picks for them all.
About a week had passed when Scuba came to Strongbeard. “Um sir, I got bad news”. “Whats that” responded Strongbeard as he filled out paper work. “Well all we seem to got is lead and silver.” Strongbeard paused his writing “You sure?” “Positive Sir”. Strongbeard sighed this menat he would have to go to the smithing guild and ask them to make some lead and silver items to trade for actual metal and goods. Strongbeard made the long walk out to the forge that Rutsber had setup outside “Rutsber i need ye boys ta make some goods ta trade as we got no good metal of are own.” “Really” said Rutsber “Well by law we get 20 percent of all profits made off are goods” “20 WHAT!?!??!?!?!?!??! NOW YOU LISTEN HERE.” Strongbeard quickly began to fly into a rage. “GUESS WHAT YE WANT ME AND ME BOYS TA KEEP YE SAFE, THEN YOU WILL DO AS I SAY THE MOST YE ARE GETTIN IS 5% AND THATS FINAL.” Rutsber appeared to be about to fly into a rage himself and respond but instead decided to let it slide as a different idea came to mind.
A week later as Strongbeard was waiting for the caravan and for the Smiths to create goods, a call rang out of “BADGER PEOPLE”. Quick as lightning Strongbeard and the13thRonin ran outside, Strongbeard with his axe and the13thRonin with his bare hands. “CHARGE” yelled Strongbeard as the two ran out. Strongbeard quickly hacked down two while the13thRonin torn one in half and beat to death a second one. Then suddenly in the middle of combat Ego came running out into the battle field. Strongbeard was about to ask what is he doing when suddenly Ego bodily lifted the13thRonin above his head began running back to the fort. Strongbeard now seeing that he was out numbered decided to go back to the fort and find out where Groder had been and were Ego went with his recruit.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 07:49:06 pm »

all i can find is lead and silver..... must dig deeper!!!!!!!!!

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2011, 09:50:52 pm »

lol ya did a little more digging and found..............zinc....yay.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2011, 04:14:55 pm »

damit all >.< must dig faster....... deeper.......... wider!!!!!

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2011, 05:43:55 am »

Bump. Wondering if OP has forgotten or is just too busy. And just when the story is getting interesting too.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2011, 04:54:41 pm »

lol not fortgotten just busy im sitting down to do some as we speak

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2011, 05:19:37 pm »

Journal of Strongbeard
Strongbeard was enjoying a nice cold drink once again, when he was interrupted by Scuba entering his room. “IM CURSED I tell you that or the mountain, I dig and dig and only find silver, zinc, lead, and tin.” Strongbeard turned to Scuba “Well that just means we will have to trade for iron and whatnot,its no big deal.” Scuba paused returning to his calm natured self “I suppose your right.” “Course I am, now back to the mines with ye.” Replied Strongbeard before finishing off the drink. He smiled, it seemed that the smiths wouldn’t be all powerful after all.
   Strongbeard left his room to go and gloat over the smiths working away in the entry way. However when he arrived it seemed that the smiths were not the least bit upset at having to craft with lead and zinc. In fact the smiths seemed to be turning out bins, barrels and crafts galore to trade with the merchants when they decided to finally arrive. (by the way i prospected the place as it was really concerning me as to the lack of weapons grade minerals, and it appears all we do have is lead, silver, tin, and zinc, ah well more fun that way.) As Strongbeard was standing and watching the smiths Rutsber walked up “Have ye hit magma yet, as that would actually be a useful thing in this fort.” Strongbeard turned to the dwarf “Dont ask me ye dolt ask the miner, however I be the one who decides what is important and dat aint it.” Rutsber went red in the face before storming off and yelling at one of his smiths about an imperfection in the piece they were making.
   Strongbeard however was still a little concerned as the merchants were their only hope for acquiring much needed materials. And as much as he hated it he needed to rely on Rutsber to get goods to trade for those things. He banished those thoughts from his mind when he saw Groder emerge from the fortress depths into the outside light. “Oi where were you when the badger people attacked Groder” snapped Strongbeard remembering that the dwarf had not been present when needed. “Oh I had tat get a drink and then went on break” replied Groder unaware that Strongbeard was quite unhappy with this answer. “So ye left me and Ronin to fight the beasts, for a BLOODY DRINK AND SIT DOWN!!!!” Strongbeard by the end of his statement was no longer able to control the volume of his voice. “Well ye see..” Groder was about to explain when Strongbeard caught sight of Ego emerging from the fort as well. “AND YOU WHY DID YOU GRAB MY UNHARMED RECRUIT AND RUSH HIM FROM BATTLE.” Ego turned and replied “Oh he looked a bit red in the face so i took him to be examined” “ye idiot he was exerting himself, hes going to be a bit red in the face ye dolt.” “Fine, but don’t yell it was an honest mistake.” Replied the now quite flustered and annoyed Ego. Strongbeard just stormed off to find a drink leaving the other dwarves just blinking at his departure. “Whats his problem” said Ronin. “He’s just mad the smiths run the show now and all he got is zinc.” Replied Ego.
(hopefully ill have more this weekend)

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2011, 02:39:08 am »

IT LIVES!

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 02:06:31 am »

Eoganachta cancels Thread CPR: Thread Dead

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2011, 01:30:23 pm »

Yes unfortunately, the thread is dead. I would continue the story however im to busy, between work and my sister running away. Thanks for your time and patience guys.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4