Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: AncientAshes a dig deeper gold community fort  (Read 3840 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AncientAshes a dig deeper gold community fort
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 04:56:29 pm »

ok the13thronin as soon as i get migrants or you can be the carpenter and then later be another axe wielder, and rootinfinity as fun as that would be i dont want the fort to end toooooo soon not yet anyways

Journal of Strongbeard
Work on the wall is progressing at a quick pace with both Scuba and Rutsber working day and night to pile the stone into place. While the wall was going up at breakneck speed the first seeds of the season were being planted by the resident farmer. Egoanachta happened to be hauling a barrel at the time and stopped to talk to the farmer. “Really, plump helmets doent we have anything better to grow, like corn or potatoes?” “Nope this be all the boss brought and what do ye have against plump helmets, i like em and their easy to grow.” Responded the farmer as he planted even more seeds. “Well it just seems that every fort has plump helmets, couldn’t you go to the surface and plant better things.” The farmer paused his work “Are ye daft, i aint goin above ground and riskin be life and limbs just so ye can have fancy food.” Egoanachta was at first a bit put off by the reaction of the farmer, but being a clever dwarf he came up with a ploy to get his way. “Well as doctor of the fortress i feel we need to diversify are diet so that we will live healthier lives” “NO, are ye deaf i aint doin it now go away.” Egoanachta only grinned and hurried of to find an ear he knew he could bend. “Well Strongbeard more kinds of plants means more kinds and better kinds of alcohol.” Egoanachta finished “FAAAAAARMER go plant above ground NOOOOOOOOW.” Egoanachta walked by smiling as the farmer trudged outside to begin picking seeds for the above farm. About a month had passed since the wall and work on the above ground farm had started when Egoanachta, Scuba, and Rutsber all went for a bite to eat. They made the quick trip to the larders only to find massive amounts of plump helmets, and the new addition.......turnips. Egoanachta grew red in the face as the other two laughed “oh wow a great variety ye said” laughed Scuba, “A feast fit for nobility” hollered Rutsber. The two continued to hoot and holler as Egoanachta left the stockpile to hunt down the farmer. He found him picking more seeds and working on the farm. “YOU HORRIDE DIRT LITTLE CREATEN, you must think your so clever, ignoring my request and Strongbeard’s order” Egoanachta yelled at the farmer “Wats a cre-a-tin?” asked the farmer. “Doent play smart-ass with me ill have you hauled before Strongbeard, then we shall see if you’ll listen.” They both found Strongbeard in the stockpile with Rutsber and Scuba all laughing and having a good time eating something. “This farmer has gone against your orders and not gotten va......are you all sitting and eating turnips?” Egoanachta just noticed that all of them happened to be each holding and eating a turnip. “aye i be eatin a turnip, anything wrong with that mr Ego.?” Laughed Strongbeard “No nothing at all”Replied Egoanachta who then decided to go off and update records.   

This is the entrance so far actually could some one just tell me how to put the image in i doent seem to be able to figure it out
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:06:06 pm by Stronghammer »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 05:00:51 pm »

Upload it to somewhere like imgshack then incase the URL in tags like this
Code: [Select]
[IMG][/IMG]
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 05:03:49 pm »

Upload it to somewhere like imgshack then incase the URL in tags like this
Code: [Select]
[IMG][/IMG]
imgshack? IMGSHACK? [/complaint]

Try img.ie instead.
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 05:06:45 pm »

thx guys img ie worked yayayayayayaya

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 05:07:29 pm »

and please if you want a dwarf pleeeeease give me personality else i will give them one that fits my mood at the time :D

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011, 05:24:39 pm »

Can I get dwarfed? Name Aroth, mechanic, preferably only a mechanic?

And will you post screenshots?

and please if you want a dwarf pleeeeease give me personality else i will give them one that fits my mood at the time :D

In that case...

He's OCD, and rather badly so (Please start him making mechanisms until he's legendary, and only out of one type of stone at a time when possible. Also he really wants to only put in mechanisms that are masterworks, and only of the same type of stone/metal/whatever as whatever he is installing it into.)

He's also like bookkeeping... And anything that removes clutter, especially over-the-top (!!magma!!)
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011, 05:41:04 pm »

ok root as soon as migrants come you will have ocd mechanic

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 07:25:30 pm »

Good so far Stronghammer. Try giving us more pictures. Pictures are always great in a community fort. Also do you know how to crop images by any chance? That way you can only take the parts you need?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 07:58:00 pm »

i can try to learn
edit just figured it out

heres some photos
entrance number 1 is Rutsber
farming and storage
rooms
1 is strongbeard 2 is Egoanachta 3 is scuba
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:10:07 pm by Stronghammer »

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 12:48:16 am »

Hehehe. I like where this is going. Do you have any plans for a hosptial yet?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 04:19:40 am »

lol even out of character asking for a hospital, ya i am planning for one i just have not gotten too it yet i have been wanting to throw up some defences so that the huge need for a hospital is not as bad. In fact i was actualy going to start it next just waiting for the walls and some traps to get finnished.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 02:21:04 pm »

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but rl took over. I want my dorf's personality to be quick to anger and he likes to beat random dorfs for not making clownshit beds. So basically the sherriff.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 02:22:54 pm by rutsber »
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 06:09:07 pm »

Journal of Strongbeard
Strongbeard had been had been once again enjoying a cold drink a few months after the confrontation with Ego when in ran Ego and Rutsber. “What is it cant ye see im drinkin?” “Cant wait boss, we got are selves some migrants” said Ego.
“And the bastards ran over and damaged the foundation of my wall.” Fumed Rutsber, starting to go red in the face. “hey Rutsber yer wall stinks its not even finished” yelled Scuba from the hall, laughing as he did. “ILLL GET YOU” Rutsber flew into a rage spilling Strongbeards ale and chasing after Scuba with threats of pain. Strongbeard sighed “Well i suppose i should meet them” Ego grinned his revenge at hand “Oh i brought them with me i think i left them in the ale store room.” “MY BLOODY ALE GET AWAY YOU FIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The migrants all turned as one, as a raging dwarf in bronze armour came racing out of a room into the store house. “Hello im Aroth and i come to make mechanisms for you......THIS PLACE IS FILTHY.” The calm greeting turned into a shout of rage as the mechanic Aroth began scrabbling around cleaning everything, even the now stunned Strongbeard. “And who are ye” Strongbeard grunted “I am The13thRonin and i dream of being a warrior..” He was cut off as Strongbeard exclaimed “The hell kind o name is that, what is a Ronin and why are you the 13th.” Before he could get his answer another dwarf chimed in “Oh i want to fight to.....but as a bowman as frontlines are much to dangerous.” “Your name is kind of needed” remarked Ego. “Oh my name is Groder” finished the dwarf. Just then the group was disturbed by a roar of rage. “IM GOING TO GET YOU AND PUT THAT PICK OF YOURS RIGHT UP YOUR.......” “ENOUGH” bellowed Strongbeard as Scuba and Rutsber came running through the room . “Right nice to meet you and welcome to ancient ashes now go attend to your jobs, Ronin and Groder with me wes got training ta do.” The dwarves all dispersed back to their jobs with the new migrants quickly accustoming to the routine. 

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 01:05:21 pm »

youcan keep scuba as he is. it's funny :D but he is easy to get along with and is hard to make angry.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 02:17:31 pm »

i'll be watching this  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4