Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: AncientAshes a dig deeper gold community fort  (Read 3838 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
AncientAshes a dig deeper gold community fort
« on: June 18, 2011, 09:35:18 pm »

“How dare you call me a traitor to me kin.” Yelled Strongbeard to the baron. “Ye know full well I defended them miners to the last.” The baron smiled his pudgy face looking even worse, “Well take it up with the guard you will cut your head off.” “WAIT” Everyone turned in the room to look at the owner of the yell “The king” Whispered Strongbeard who immediately fell into a bow before the king. “You say this mans a traitor, and you say your innocent, well i have a way of proving this that will help my empire.” The king pulled out a great dusty and old map “Strongbeard you are to take six others and build an outpost for dwarven kind, in the place of Ancient Ashes, there you will prove your innocence and your reward is the fortress and your life.” The baron began to laugh and deep and retched laugh “The lands of Ancient Ashes??? You have no chance of survival either way Strongbeard, your doomed.” His laughter continued as he left the room. Strongbeard’s lips where pressed into a thine line as he thought about the kings offer. “Your majesty I will take up your offer and make you and the kingdom proud.” The king smiled a wish and old smile “Good i thought you would, which is why i financed the purchase of supplies with the barons wealth, now off you go and may Armok be with you.”
The memory faded away as Strongbeard looked around himself. They had arrived in ancient ashes the place of dread and so far nothing looked to bad. The caravan found itself in the middle of a wooded valley with a river running down the center. To the right of the valley stood a long hill line also covered in trees. He turned to his companions which consisted of a miner/mason a farmer/brewer a weapon/armour smith a clerk/doctor a lumberjack/carpenter and a peasent. “Well we have arrived that the spot told to us by the king and as you can see there is nothing to be afraid of.” “Not yet there isn’t” complained the farmer “Well if we can work quick then there will be less to worry about so GET TO WORK.”

I have decided to creat a community fortress to a) improve and test my skills as a writer b) show case the new Dig Deeper Gold mod and c) to have fun writing and telling a tale with my df community. All the dwarves except for Strongbeard are available to be chosen as your dwarf, as well as future migrants. If you want a dwarfing i need name, proffesion, personality, backstory (If you want), and desires within this fortress. I have embarked on a terrifying location close to enemies so expect there to be fun immediately. And welcome to ANCEINTASHES.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AncientAshes a dig deeper gold community fort
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 09:36:09 pm »

Dwarf list

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:12:00 pm by Stronghammer »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 10:13:47 pm »

Journal of Strongbeard
After having yelled at the farmer Strongbeard went over to the miner to discuss the entrance of the fortress. “I want you to dig a twisting tunnel into those hills over there” Strongbeard pointed over to the hillsin the distance. “Ye know those are made of dirt right.” Replied the miner in a questioning tone. “Well seeing as they are currently are only mode of shelter and defence, yes those hills. Unless of course you would like to sleep under the stars and wait for whatever nasties are in these woods.” The miner paled “No of course those hills over there perfect choice.”
He next turned to the carpenter “You go cut down some of them trees.” The carpenter turned grabbed an axe and started to go to the indicated trees. “And leave me bloody axe here you go use the crappy copper one ye dolt.” Just as he closed his mouth a werewolf came running down the hill to attack them. The farmer took this time to turn and scream “OMG FOR THE LOVE OF ARMOK WE ARE ALLLL GOING TO DIE RUUUUUN” Strongbeard quickly grabbed the just dropped Bronze axe and rushed out to meet the werewolf. Strongbeard quickly caught up to the werewolf and swung at the creature taking its left leg off. The werewolf seemed to be stunned at the fact that something ran up to it and attacked instead of the other way around, as a result Strongbeard was able to quickly reduce it to a pile of limbs. He returned to the others were the farmer was still hysterically running around in circles screaming about how they were all going to die. “Will ye shut up afore i shut ye yup” yelled Strongbeard to the farmer, who quickly began to calm down upon realising the werewolf was dead. “Thank ye now everyone to their tasks but keep an eye out.”
The sound of chopping trees could be heard from nearby as Strongbeard cleaned his axe, when the clerk walked over “um excuse me Stinkbeard but..” “Its Strongbeard” “well yes but um there appears to be moose people coming across the river. Strongbeard sighed “Alright ill go deal with it just donet tell the farmer and please make sure the miner keeps working.” To the enjoyment of the other dwarves the fight lasted  a week, however this was not due to any skill on the moose peoples part it was due to their speed. So the other dwarves enjoyed a week of seeing Strongbeard run chasing after a moose person screaming and yelling many profanities until he finally caught them and reduced them to piles of limbs. After this period of run down slaughter Strongbeard returned. “There i got em noooooow can you work without complaining.” The farmer took this point in time to reuse a phrase from earlier “For now” This brought him withering glares causing the farmer to sudden find a need to be else were. 

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 10:34:22 pm »

I would like to be the weapon/armoursmith by the same name that I go by on the forum.
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 04:19:08 am »

You got it rutsber

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 04:21:20 am »

Do you want your dwarf to have a specific personality Rutsber, if not i will just be giving him one.

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 05:02:31 am »

Proving your Dwarfliness by settling in terrifying location? Love it.
Since rutsber already claimed the armourer/weaponsmith, could you please dorf me as the clerk/doctor? Same name as my forum name please. Thanks.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 10:57:07 am »

i'll take a dwarf

name him Scuba and make him a miner please (: and thank you

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 11:16:53 am »

I'll take a dwarf... Why shouldn't I participate :P! Call him The13thRonin.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 04:00:38 pm »

lol ok Groder will get dwarfed first migrant i get, scuba is in, and The13thRonin any particular proffesion? Egoanachta you are in as well
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:09:23 pm by Stronghammer »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 04:08:48 pm »

Journal of Strongbeard
Strongbeard picked up a mug of ale and began downing it with vigor. He was about to get another when Rutsber the smth walked over to him. “Oi when are we getting a forge, i have things ta make chief.” “oh we are putting in requests? In that case when do i get my office and hospital, both of which are vital to the fortresses well being.” Said Egoanachta the doctor “Not afore i get me forge.” Grumbled the smith. Strongbeard finished his second drink as the other two dwarves argued back and forth. “You both will get your rooms and possessions when i deem it necessary and we have time, the first time to be built is walls and then the smithy and after that we will build you your office and hospital.” The smith smiled smugly at the doctor. “Right now Rutsber go make me mechanisms as we need traps until we get more dwarves to put in the military.” Rutsber’s smile fell but he walked away to fill the order, “And Egoanachta you can haul until further notice.” “BUT IM” “doent care go do it.” The two dwarves walked away to go fulfill their tasks. A smile spread at the situation that just past, he would definitely be enjoying those two’s company, but first things first to setup the fortress and prove himself.
Journal of Strongbeard
The months have passed with lots of work being completed. The farms were up, the rooms were dug out and slowly being furnished. The next thing to do was setup the wall around the entrance of the fortress “SCUBA, get over here” shouted Strongbeard. The miner trotted out of the fortress deeps “Ya boss the rooms are almost done,...” “I want ye to work on a wall around the entrance to help keep out the undead and other nasties ok?” Scuba nodded “I can do that boss, right away”  Scuba rushed off and began collecting the required materials. Strongbeard turned to go to the wagon to get more ale “AND WERES ME BLOODY ALE BEEN MOVED TO” he roared and then stomped off to find some

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 04:11:42 pm »

Can I get dwarfed? Name Aroth, mechanic, preferably only a mechanic?

And will you post screenshots?
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 04:16:12 pm »

sure next migrant i get and thats what i forgot next story post will have images
What does everyone think should we employ traps or should it be all military or a combo
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:21:05 pm by Stronghammer »

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 04:37:27 pm »

sure next migrant i get and thats what i forgot next story post will have images
What does everyone think should we employ traps or should it be all military or a combo

What about only being allowed to employ wrestlers, cage traps, and spikes not connected to anything? Giant magma/water/obsidian/(freezing?) traps are !!FUN!!
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 04:49:02 pm »

I'll take any profession but eventually I want to be some kind of warrior :)!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4