Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Personal Wishlist and suggestions  (Read 1381 times)

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Personal Wishlist and suggestions
« on: June 18, 2011, 08:43:16 pm »

Going to divide it into Dwarf Fortress and Adventurer :

Dwarf Fortress :

*Better Medical handling :
-Ability to decide whetever a patient should be treated or not (basically quite usefull when you know a patient is going to die and you wish to save other wounded)
-More diseases to be treated by the chief medical dwarf (Basically small non lethal things like flu , inability to copulate etc ) making dwarves visit the infirmary / Hospital and getting treated by the appointed medical staff (might require offices for each staff member to be fully operational ).
-Togheter with the Alchemist / Herbalist it should be possible to administer several medical treatments (aka potions) that can help recover wounded dwarves.
-Should also be possible to try to treat certain Were**** states

*Shops :
-Should be possible to add a few shops to the fortress for visitors to purchase some of the crafts the dwarves have made. Drawback : Might lose items to thievery and they might have to be outside the fortress or be readily accessible.
-Shops would be managed by one dwarf each just like the Adventurer shops are (well, they are managed by the whole bunch that are in that shop). Shop related skills will increase as well.
-Dwarves should be able to purchase items as well from the shops and it should be possible to see what items are currently in demand. Broker would also be handling the management of the staff.
-Depending on what the shops have for sale and the amount of sales done even more visitors would come to crave for the dwarven craftmanship (even goblins probably disguised as other races).

*Taverns / Inns :
-For the ocasional traveler to stay at night and drink his belly full.
-Good for dwarves who would like to relax and play a bit of dice or wrestling.

World / Region :
-Possibility to make small outposts from your main fortress , once fully constructed and operational they would be managed by the dwarves living there (think small fortresses for military operational purposes).
-Possibility to go on building the current Dwarven Kingdom you are playing and expanding the world map area of control by founding new dwarven cities and linking them by vast underground roads or overground ones.

Adventurer Mode :

*Healtcare :
-Treat own wounds : bandages , ointments , salves , herbs , potions.
-Buy / ask for medical help in cities : Lycanthropies , broken bones , infections , diseases etc.
-Use temples for Miracles (pray for restoration of a limb or wounds ).

*Combat :
-Possibilty to add different damage types to weapons : Poisonous daggers , Flaming arrows , and other effects that will be usefull fighting certain enemies.
-Should be possible to see what direction the enemy is facing while sneaking so a good backstabb is possible (or slit throat).

*Mounts :
-Would be cool to get any type of mounts from the normal Horses to Harpies / Dragons etc.
-Certain weapons would be more usefull while mounted (spears , bows from above , and large weapons ).

*Camping :
-Should be possible to make a campfire to ensure a bit more of safety at night.
-Tents would be a nice addition and pretty neat when you have followers.

*Followers :
-Share loot with followers.
-Heal followers wounds (medical skills) and get treated by followers.
-Relationships with followers (love etc ) .
-Get pets (war dogs , war chickens etc to help you in your quest).

*Interaction :
-Set fire to more stuff (buildings etc )
-Lockpicking (would require shops to be closed at nights and guards roaming the cities on patrol.
-Pickpocketing.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: My Personal Wishlist and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 11:11:49 pm »

Okay, let's take a few whacks here.

Were what now?

*Shops :
-Should be possible to add a few shops to the fortress for visitors to purchase some of the crafts the dwarves have made. Drawback : Might lose items to thievery and they might have to be outside the fortress or be readily accessible.
-Shops would be managed by one dwarf each just like the Adventurer shops are (well, they are managed by the whole bunch that are in that shop). Shop related skills will increase as well.
-Dwarves should be able to purchase items as well from the shops and it should be possible to see what items are currently in demand. Broker would also be handling the management of the staff.
-Depending on what the shops have for sale and the amount of sales done even more visitors would come to crave for the dwarven craftmanship (even goblins probably disguised as other races).

Planned, Caravan Arc/Economy Update

*Taverns / Inns :
-For the ocasional traveler to stay at night and drink his belly full.
-Good for dwarves who would like to relax and play a bit of dice or wrestling.

Planned, Caravan Arc

-Possibility to make small outposts from your main fortress , once fully constructed and operational they would be managed by the dwarves living there (think small fortresses for military operational purposes).
-Possibility to go on building the current Dwarven Kingdom you are playing and expanding the world map area of control by founding new dwarven cities and linking them by vast underground roads or overground ones.

Army arc

-Would be cool to get any type of mounts from the normal Horses to Harpies / Dragons etc.

Planned for a while.

-Relationships with followers (love etc ) .

Planned

*Interaction :
-Set fire to more stuff (buildings etc )
-Lockpicking (would require shops to be closed at nights and guards roaming the cities on patrol.
-Pickpocketing.

Please check out the dev notes. Read them thoroughly to make sure you aren't posting something that's already planned.

-----

Everything else has been discussed and debated in the past.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:17:32 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 11:11:54 pm »

I think that everything on that list is planned.

Check these for planned things:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_single.html
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 02:03:37 pm »

i agree with this list, even though some of the stuff is planned.. this adds detail which many players (at least 1 (myself)) would like to see worded more specifically. with ingames references to cool stuff you could do and not a simple tag for a name.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 09:48:47 pm »

Were what now?

Talking about being able to cure people who are Were-creatures (Werewolf, etc.).
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 10:09:30 pm »

Yes, when will our bloody horses be used for more than glue. I demand horse drawn carts for my nobles!
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 04:21:21 am »

To 612DwarfAvenue : "Everything else has been discussed and debated in the past."

Problem is, not everybody has the time or "insight" to actually follow the forum in such a way that they get everything that has been discussed, personally I'm one of those and honestly the response given feels almost a bit "elitist" in my pow.

I had hoped that the "wishlist" part of the topic gave a small hint to the fact that probably a few (if not all) of the suggestions allready had been made. DF is a great game and has a lot of creative followers who comes with good suggestions , but its hard for newcomers to the game (been around though since 40D ) to keep up with everything suggested.

In fact I prefer how this post was answered by : sockless , which points out how most of the things here has allready been planned in a few simple words.

Oh well, back to smashing some goblin skulls ^_^

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 11:28:45 am »

I cant wait to see my dwarves ride into battle with giant badgers