Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The movie discussion thread.  (Read 6144 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The movie discussion thread.
« on: June 18, 2011, 06:44:37 pm »

A nice little thread used to discuss anything about movies, whether the topic is big or small.

I'll start.

I'll start, my movie: Battle: Los Angeles, the alien soldiers.

If you notice, the soldiers act like morons some times in that movie, they actually behave far beyond what any real soldier might do. They stand in the middle of an open area with absolutely no cover, breach occupied buildings alone and seem to disregard when a giant armored vehicle is about to run them over.

Obviously, any race capable of getting to Earth is very intelligent. Yet their soldiers act like retarded baboons at completely random times. A different topic from the same movie, that rocket launcher thing they used on the freeway. It operates in an interesting way, it glows as if it is generating heat yet it fires rockets that it apparently has an infinite amount of.

On to a video game: AVP 2010
You gotta question how strong those marines are, considering you can melee attack a predator to stop it from tearing you to pieces. When Arnold did it in Predator, the predator just looked kind of annoyed.

(dear god I hope this isn't another duplicate)

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
Re: The movie discussion thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 06:49:15 pm »

Just something I want to nit pick about the new transformers film..

DARK OF THE MOON?

WHAT?!

That doesn't even make sense! Are you that desperate to avoid a Pink Floyd reference? Are you afraid people will laugh at you Michael bay and Stephen Spielberg? Well guess what, we're all ready laughing at you! Darkformers of the moon would be a damn better title!

Dark umpteenth alien invasion film of the moon would be a fitting title.

And how the hell did you write out one of the main characters from the last two films? the love of the main characters life?! From what i've gathered from the trailer, she's either been taken by something, or just completely disappeared, and never to be talked about again. With Michael bay at the helm, I'm going for the second one.
Blargh.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 06:51:17 pm »

Snakes on a Plane

*hands poster knife* CUT THE MEMORY OUT OF MY HEAD! DO IT!!! The movie is so fucking bad I just want to die when I think about it.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 06:53:53 pm »

So the threads now about bad movies? excellent, I've seen plenty of them (So many bad ones that at this point I think that Conan the Destroyer was actually good). 

Blargh.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 06:54:56 pm »

No, it's still about discussing movies. Discussing good movies is quite boring sometimes, so I suppose you can stick with bad/inaccurate/odd movies.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 06:55:41 pm »

I mainly watch some oldies that are proven to be good, so nothing to complain on that section...

I guess I could ask it here; I have forgotten the name of one movie I can remember. It went roughly like this (it was revealed in different order in the movie); some anti-death-penalty woman has a cancer. She commits a suicide which is filmed and then another anti-death-penalty guy is framed for the murder. He is facing a death penalty and just after he is executed, the film get published. Anyone know the name of this one?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 07:07:33 pm »

Mission Impossible 2

I see no value in this movie. You may like it if you're the "LOLSPLOSHUNS AND PEEPOL DYEING! LLOOOOL!". The story of the movie is shit, too.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 07:13:43 pm »

This place doesn't like broad discussion topics. At all.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 07:20:07 pm »

This place doesn't like broad discussion topics. At all.
Remind me to never go on that forum.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:23:13 pm by Angel Of Death »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 07:23:53 pm »

I saw that edit.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 07:30:52 pm »

It is rather ironic, as the person berating you would not appear to be particularly intelligent. It seems that he can only express himself with vague profanities, and such words as do carry meaning are frequently misspelled. He also makes assertions repeatedly without providing any kind of reason.

I do not watch movies; I simply wished to point out how stupid that person is.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 07:33:18 pm »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 07:35:27 pm »

I do not watch movies
I can't say I've ever heard of anybody saying that before, unless you were Amish, which you obviously aren't.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 07:40:14 pm »

I do not play video games or watch television either. I wish I could say that I put my time to better purposes, but I fear I can not. I am presently attempting to rectify that. As my presence here would indicate, it is not going very well.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 07:46:37 pm »

You don't play video games and yet here you are on the forum of a video game company of all places. :P

I saw Super 8 last night. That was a helluva lot of fun, harkening back to old adventure movies and with a surprising focus on character drama and development delivered via pretty damn good previously unknown child actors! The only real complaint would probably be GODDAMNIT JJ ABRAMS ENOUGH WITH THE LENS FLARES.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5