Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dinosaur Zookeeper  (Read 9397 times)

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dinosaur Zookeeper
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 09:22:52 am »

Yeah, yeah, Adult Swim game bluh bluh
What's wrong with Adult Swim? aren't they an aggregator of games, just like Newgrounds or Kongregate and others, and don't actually do anything themselves? Why the hate?

The issue, as I see it, is that the games are generally irritating, trying too hard and hipster-ish.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 11:37:55 am »

What's wrong with Adult Swim? aren't they an aggregator of games, just like Newgrounds or Kongregate and others, and don't actually do anything themselves? Why the hate?

The issue, as I see it, is that the games are generally irritating, trying too hard and hipster-ish.

Except you know, they hate hipsters and make fun of them, even featuring a game full of their shitty stereotypes.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 01:08:08 pm »

It does sometimes get a little counter-counter-culture.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 03:27:13 pm »

Except you know, they hate hipsters and make fun of them, even featuring a game full of their shitty stereotypes.

Yes, which is why they have shows like "Samurai Champloo" which the vast majority of viewers watch "ironically" because they're "like so Japaneseroo lol".

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 03:28:34 pm »

Yes, which is why they have shows like "Samurai Champloo" which the vast majority of viewers watch "ironically" because they're "like so Japaneseroo lol".

You mean weeaboos? That's not the same thing as a hipster.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011, 03:39:25 pm »

JP Operation Genesis is pretty cool
This right here is the best dinosaur game in existence.
HOURS AND HOURS OF MY TIME

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011, 03:51:43 pm »

You mean weeaboos? That's not the same thing as a hipster.

No, I'm saying they watch it because it's crap and boring and hilarious Japanese because it's "cool" to do it "ironically".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 08:04:15 pm »

Yeah, anything AS that isn't robot chicken is hipster as far as I'm concerned.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 10:14:55 pm »

I'm going to echo the "Adult Swim has become a hipster channel" sentiment.  Back when it was about making crazy versions of old cartoons it was awesome.  Over time it's been given over to Brendon Small and his ridiculous hipster shit.

Tim and Eric are basically the only cool people in the new Adult Swim, and they're pretty much gone now too.

I consider 12oz Mouse to be the death knell of adult swim.  Everything after that is decomposition.
Shoes...

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 12:39:13 am »

I'm going to echo the "Adult Swim has become a hipster channel" sentiment.  Back when it was about making crazy versions of old cartoons it was awesome.  Over time it's been given over to Brendon Small and his ridiculous hipster shit.

Tim and Eric are basically the only cool people in the new Adult Swim, and they're pretty much gone now too.

I consider 12oz Mouse to be the death knell of adult swim.  Everything after that is decomposition.

Brendon Small and his ridiculous hipster shit.

"What" The fuck are you.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 10:30:49 am »

Dinosaur digs is pretty much the hardcore mode of ZT1. "You thought pandas were annoying with their giant space requirements, elevation tolerances that have to be finetuned down to half-ramps or they get depressed, completely arbitrary lists of shit they like and don't like and a single frown from one of them causes peta to firebomb your office? Well here's a 30ft tall version that takes more space by an order of magnitude, requires special zookeepers, some terraforming that makes your Himalaya replica look like a sandcastle and fences that cost $500 PER MOTHERFUCKING TILE. Happy zookeeping." At least, that's how I remember them from when I was about half my current age.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE
Pages: 1 [2]