Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Baron and archery problems.  (Read 1905 times)

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Baron and archery problems.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 07:55:23 am »

For the marksdwarves, remember there has to be a walkable path to the targets or they won't shoot at them. That means you can't put a bolt-saving channel underneath the targets because they won't be able to walk to that target any more. You can still channel out along the walls to save misfires though.
[Signature]

Demilich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 07:58:31 am »

Uh. Seems my king is a goblin. He's just hanging around the edge of the map. What kind of deviant civilization is this? Goblin kings and elf queens...Talk about miscegenation.

Still have no idea what is causing the archery thing, or the elf offending thing. Forbade ammunition, unforbade it. There are no channels in the archery range. As for the elves, the next time they arrived, I only chose metal objects to trade. They still complained.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 10:47:54 am »

Sometimes, when your king/queen is from another race, you get a pretty awesome backstory that goes with it. Like Cacame.

Could you put your save on dffd? I'm curious to see the Legend of your world.

Demilich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 11:07:00 am »

Sure. It'll take me a few days, though - the computer I've got the save on doesn't have internet access. I haven't looked through the legends yet.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 11:14:59 am »

Alright.

Jetriot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 11:41:45 am »

I find that having bolts for training and bolts for combat is never worth the hassle just allow them all and stop using archery ranges when you start producing better bolts.

Demilich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 01:31:06 pm »

All you need to gen my world legends is the set of world parameters, right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, noticed this in the world sites and pop file. This is the only site for the civilization I started under:

129: Mafolthimshur, "Chamberpartnered", mountain halls
   Owner: The Coal of Rumors, dwarves
   Parent Civ: The Bell of Languages, dwarves
   236 goblins
   1 dwarf
   262 humans
   200 elves

Wat.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 02:11:24 pm »

...uselt'ess ores...copper ores...
What's wrong with copper? Especially if you've got some cassiterite to turn it into bronze.  And if you're copper ore is tetrahedrite, then if you smelt it to bars before bronzing, you'll be getting a bit of silver as well.

Silver hammers/maces + bronze armour = pretty tough

Copper is great for bolts. Since I enabled metal bolts for training my dwarves seldom go off the range. And it trains weaponsmithing, without need for melting later.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 02:44:30 pm »

Something else that's odd: Elven traders keep getting offended by my attempted trades of rock, gold, silver and electrum crafts. They appear to think that they are made out of wood, confusingly. It doesn't really matter, I arrange for my array of menacing copper spikes elite diplomats to enter extended negotiation and reparation discussions with them when they attempt to cross the entrance drawbridge. Hmm...Do objects glazed with ash count as wood for the purposes of elves being dicks about trading?

i would think so, as clear glass counts because of pearlash.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 03:04:36 pm »

Something else that's odd: Elven traders keep getting offended by my attempted trades of rock, gold, silver and electrum crafts. They appear to think that they are made out of wood, confusingly. It doesn't really matter, I arrange for my array of menacing copper spikes elite diplomats to enter extended negotiation and reparation discussions with them when they attempt to cross the entrance drawbridge. Hmm...Do objects glazed with ash count as wood for the purposes of elves being dicks about trading?

Make sure they are not decorated with wood.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 03:13:24 pm »

Baron problems and archery problems happen. You just have to use the latter to deal with the former.

Couldn't resist.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2011, 08:54:50 pm »

129: Mafolthimshur, "Chamberpartnered", mountain halls
   Owner: The Coal of Rumors, dwarves
   Parent Civ: The Bell of Languages, dwarves
   236 goblins
   1 dwarf
   262 humans
   200 elves

Wat.

My guess is, all the actual dwarves starved to death.  It happens a lot because the economy stuff is incomplete, so it tracks how much food is at a site, but the trading and stealing stuff that would make sure people can deal with shortages isn't complete yet.  That's why soldiers and kobolds are often missing from adventure mode, because they starve early in world gen.  The goblins, humans, and elves were probably members of civs your dwarves conquered, that moved in after they starved to death.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 [2]