Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Great Rise (and even greater fall) of Flickersteels (succession game)  (Read 3604 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One second, computer with file is occupied. I can get it out as soon as they're done (soon).

OK, will go grab food in RL and see what awaits when I return :P
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, farmerbob, here's the save:

http://www.mediafire.com/?s86a4qb5cakntzd

Note that it has a graphic pack, I don't know how to disable it. If you dislike it, change it.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

Note that it has a graphic pack, I don't know how to disable it. If you dislike it, change it.
You can use the Lazy Newb Pack GUI if you have Windows.

Go search up Lazy Newb Pack on the forums and it should guide you to the topic. It basically is a pack of mods, tilesets, and other stuff for newbs to use. Also comes with a simple tileset changer that can "fix" save tilesets.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, will take a look.
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just out of curiosity, why not use DFFD ?

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just out of curiosity, why not use DFFD ?

...DFFD?

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...oh, yeah, that.

Oh well. It's uploaded anyway. Is mediafire not accessable for you? Because I don't have time; I have to leave in ten minutes for two weeks, and will have no way to get the save again during that period.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No problem man, I'm on it now :)

About to post the initial analysis in a little while.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

5th malachite:

No alcohol, and the riverbank is too steep to get to the water.  Another ewe died yesterday.  We have an aboveground wall under construction.

Everyone, for some reason, has turned to me to try to figure out how to fix our problems before we die.  Me, of all dwarves.

They asked for it, they got it.

First things first.  All wall construction is suspended.  I have designated a meeting area, and everyone not working is expected to stay in the area, and keep the animals close.

There are no edible plants nearby.  The hunter tells me there are hippos in the river.  I have told our miner that this will be a quick and dirty effort to get water - nothing fancy.  He is to dig a stairwell down, then a ramp into the water level, and then breach the river's edge.

Having difficulty remembering names.  Difficulty thinking.  Dehydration will kill us soon if we can't get to water, and boredom if we can't find something brewable.

I have requested a butcher shop and a tannery.  No time to hear or milk them, they are starving.

More soon, for now I'm going to help build the butchery and tannery.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

12 Malachite:

Over the past few days, there were more skeletal vultures.  The dogs took care of them.

After a week of digging, Id finally finished carving out a tiny little grotto near the river's edge where we can get water.

It would have happened earlier, but one of the vultures chased Id around before he could get started, and he hasn't been able to concentrate on his work since.  Dehydration probably didn't help much.

We'll live.  The grazers won't.  The ewes, yaks, and foal are queued up next to the butcher shop now. They are looking bad, we'll likely lose some to starvation before we can buther them all.

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile

We'll live.  The grazers won't.  The ewes, yaks, and foal are queued up next to the butcher shop now. They are looking bad, we'll likely lose some to starvation before we can buther them all.

Why? No pasture?
Looks good though, but can you include screencaps?
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why? No pasture?
Looks good though, but can you include screencaps?

There's a small amount of grass on the top of the embark, but otherwise it's a desolate, red sand desert.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

Yay, desert.

Hopefully this fort will be more successful than Uristildom...

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

3rd Galena - It's a bit less hectic now.  We have some alcohol, we have water - just in case.  The grazing animals all managed to live long enough to be butchered and the cook is preparing their remains now.  We'll eat well for a few seasons on this bounty!

The cook was allowed to cook all the seeds other than plump helmets and pig tails.  Right now we need simplicity - we can grow diverse crops after we see some caravans.

Since the meeting area is right next to the water source, and we're spreading out from there, the original entrance has been sealed, and a tunnel from that entrance to the current entrance has been made.

While I wait for the pig tails to sprout, I'll sketch up what we have so far.

Here's the underground, farms, food storage, kitchen, and brewery.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's our temporary facility aboveground:  We're FAR too exposed here and will be fully underground ASAP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The next step will be the creation of a secure water source, walling off the unsecure water source, and making room for some more necessary facilities underground.  The old Depot needs to go, and a new Depot will be built underground.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4