Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Great Rise (and even greater fall) of Flickersteels (succession game)  (Read 3612 times)

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Introduction:

In the year of 586, a group of seven dwarves set out to conquer the great red desert of...

Wait. Where did the king send them?

The group of seven was met politely by a group of zombified camels and vultures. After a season or so, they get a basic outpost set up.

But they have no leader, nobody to guide them. The king knew this would arise, and so he had every dorf take a turn as the leader.

Progress

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Rules

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Dorfs/Overseers:

1. Farmerbob
2. HorridOwn4ge
3. Conan
4. Root Infinity (nickname Idmor) Would prefer: Miner, male
5. aussieevil
6. JohnnyDigs
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:02:32 pm by kilozombie »

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

...am I doing this right? If I am, I'll put up the save.
Sort of. Read the other topics.

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about now?

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Better!

Use a bit more formatting, however, to bring out the topic titles.

Example:

The Rules

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, it looks about functional! Kind of!

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, don't do other people's journal logs for them. Only the person currently running the fort usually does them, as they can formulate the story better.

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile

I'll take year 4, as a male miner (Idmor).
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, put yourself as the first overseer. You are playing the first year, right?

I'll stick myself in year 3.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take the first (short) year.  Not sure why there is a short year, but I'll take a poke at it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:51:01 pm by Farmerbob »
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile

I'll go second or first.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[I was the first, horrible overseer. I've gotten better at the game since, but it's like somebody took my place due to my bad leadership. Sort of. Some notes:

Since the year's already started, you can't choose your dwarves' profession. When it's your turn, just pick the dwarf you'd most like to be and give him/her your nickname. It's a good variety of dwarves in my opinion. Migrants have arrived anyway (I think) but only 7 overseers to start so they get choices no matter what. The leftover 3 or so can be nicknamed by request.]

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let me know when it's ready for me - sounds like you are on salt water if the dwarves won't drink it.
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to give the save out tommorow morning for Farmerbob.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*bumps kilozombie*

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One second, computer with file is occupied. I can get it out as soon as they're done (soon).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4