Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Convince me to buy Fallout 3! (Now convince me to install mods when it comes!)  (Read 5228 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

>:( Well, I don't use mods, and I preferred Fallout 3... I must have racked up hundreds of hours on it in total. :P
Guess I'm just special.
I guess you just missed 75% of the possible game experience :P.

FO3 without additional monsters, vertibirds, squad control and world/levellist balancing/expansion is quite a small game.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Big enough for me! Altough squad control would be nice...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

By "small" I mean the amount of features, not the amount of similar content.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

Frankly the Oblivion people looked like they had suffered radiation for generations instead!

So any non spoilery protips for me?
If you feel like building up Caesar's legion before the main questline, you're gonna have to slaughter entire NCR camps. I don't suggest massacring a camp before you complete all of the quests there. My tip for preventing NCR infamy? Wear a disguise. Powder Ganger, Caesar's Legion, NCR, anything. Just don't wear faction-less armor while slaughtering the masses.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't autosave and don't quicksave, and your game shouldn't crash constantly. They're the cause of most of the crashes. (You have to disable autosaves in the options, and then there are a few scripted autosaves that you can only get rid of by installing a mod)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

Don't autosave and don't quicksave, and your game shouldn't crash constantly. They're the cause of most of the crashes. (You have to disable autosaves in the options, and then there are a few scripted autosaves that you can only get rid of by installing a mod)

but this also means that you should actually save by yourself every tot minutes...cause if you then crash by yourself...well...back from vault 101 to the rest of the world...is not nice.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile

That's good to know!
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

but this also means that you should actually save by yourself every tot minutes...cause if you then crash by yourself...well...back from vault 101 to the rest of the world...is not nice.
There are a few mods which autosave the game for you properly, and it was said in the post you quoted.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

There are a few mods which autosave the game for you properly, and it was said in the post you quoted.

nope kind sir, it was said that there are mods which disable forced autosaves which are hardscripted in the game. nothing was written about mods who guarantees to autosave correctly.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure that there are mods that autosave for you in a more stable fashion than the game, but I might be confusing this with oblivion. I know there was one for oblivion called streamsave or something, but I'm pretty sure there is one for FO3 as well.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile

Ok so I don't really want to massively overhaul it on my first play through.  But any little touchup mods and bug fixes like the thing with autosaves would be great.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

nope kind sir, it was said that there are mods which disable forced autosaves which are hardscripted in the game. nothing was written about mods who guarantees to autosave correctly.

You are completely wrong, just about everyone knows the mods that can do proper auto-saving. If you don't, do a freaking FO3 Nexus search.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile

If you want to install FWE, I would suggest watching these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ix-dOGfXs :It's a lot of help with getting all the minor issues worked out... Then again, guns with the "Roving trader outfit" texture are interesting.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

You are completely wrong, just about everyone knows the mods that can do proper auto-saving. If you don't, do a freaking FO3 Nexus search.

of that it can be. but the point in question wasn't the mods existence. But if in the post i quoted, said anything about those mods which help to save correctly or not. and the post i quoted spoke of mods to remove hard coded autosaves. not to correct them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]