Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Convince me to buy Fallout 3! (Now convince me to install mods when it comes!)  (Read 5229 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Convince me to buy Fallout 3!
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 04:42:09 pm »

Hardcore mode doesn't really make the game hard, it makes it a bit more tedious really but not hard.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

New Vegas has definitely stabilized. On most days, I never get a crash. Any bugs with quests can be fixed via console(~). And trust me, there are very few.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Convince me to buy Fallout 3!
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 07:05:25 pm »

Well on that note Propagate me some mods?
Sadly I had to play it on PS3, thus I cannot help you in that department.

Hardcore mode doesn't really make the game hard, it makes it a bit more tedious really but not hard.
Didn't actually say that it makes the game hard, just that it implements slightly more realistic settings for a post-apocalyptic world. Radiation is still a silly little stat debuff, though, which I find disappointing.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fallout Wanderers Edition (FWE) or Fallout Overhaul.. Something, it's called FOOK, are both great overhaul mods to tweak game mechanics. I also am pretty sure that they throw in some additional stuff, and there are some interesting mechanics that they add like breaching doors with explosives. I also like EVE (ENergy visuals enhanced) and More where that came from (Adds more music to the radio).

Honestly there are tons of good mods, check out Fallout 3 Nexus, there are lots of minor mods that change things in small, but significant ways. It can be tedious to get a bunch of mods to work together, but once you get the right combo of mods, the game is really good. Just remember to be patient.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used EVE, More where that came from, and the weapon mod kits. I didn't use any of the big overhaul mods.

With New Vegas, I'm only using the recharger pistol fix (for its 'iron sights'), Nevada Skies, Radio New Vegas - The Secret Stash, and Detailed Normals.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile

So no one ever answered if they fixed the faces.  Does everyone look really weird like in Oblivion/Morrowind?
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

So no one ever answered if they fixed the faces.  Does everyone look really weird like in Oblivion/Morrowind?

Eh, it's nowhere near as bad as in oblivion persay.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile

Frankly the Oblivion people looked like they had suffered radiation for generations instead!

So any non spoilery protips for me?
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Frankly the Oblivion people looked like they had suffered radiation for generations instead!

Keep in mind if you want to go into places like New Vegas, you'll be attacked if you are hated by the NCR. I learned that the hard way...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile

Not really, Fallout 3 isn't very hard even on "Very Hard" difficultly. Just look out for Mirelurks.
Oh, and make sure to get the bobble head out of Raven Rock, you can't go back in.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

FOOK + Mart's Mutant Mod + FWE + WMK.

Get that pack and you are golden. Of course you will want a lot of minor mods, but these are must-have.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

Get that pack and you are golden. Of course you will want a lot of minor mods, but these are must-have.

I think all of those are included in the Fallout: Wanderer's Edition mod pack whichi s awesome. Highly recommend.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New Vegas has definitely stabilized. On most days, I never get a crash. Any bugs with quests can be fixed via console(~). And trust me, there are very few.

Yeah... About that... Xbox users are still screwed over :P

I can't speak for PC, but the Xbox version has a fair few issues
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I think all of those are included in the Fallout: Wanderer's Edition mod pack whichi s awesome. Highly recommend.
FWE (fallout wanderer's edition) was a separate pack when I played.

Anyway, all the 4 things should work together if you use the FOIP mod (Fallout Interoperatability program... or something like this).

P.S. No, they are different things as I said.

FWE: http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2761
FOOK: http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4448
MMM: http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3211
WMK: http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3388

FOIP to rule them all: http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4968
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:43:23 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>:( Well, I don't use mods, and I preferred Fallout 3... I must have racked up hundreds of hours on it in total. :P
Guess I'm just special.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4