Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Blood for the Blood God!  (Read 9949 times)

Blood for the Blood God!
« on: June 17, 2011, 04:55:44 pm »

The game is called "Slaves to Armok: God of Blood."

So where can I find this Blood God and kill him?

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood for the Blood God!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 05:01:11 pm »

You must first donate atleast 20$ to Bay 12 Games, and then you will receive a mystical secret code. You will receive it by email. Enter it like this (FIRST SEQUENCE OF NUMBERS/LETTERS) ENTER (SECOND SEQUENCE) INSERT (THIRD SEQUENCE) ALT-F4 (FOURTH SEQUENCE) ARM_OK

And then you will fight Armok, God of Blood.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 05:06:35 pm »

hes lying everyone worships armok and your limbs are sacrifices

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 05:15:27 pm »

having your head cut off is the only way to meet him :P

Only if you reach legendary in all skills first, of course.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 06:08:59 pm »

actually YOU are Armok. the full title includes the phrase "slaves to armok" implying that the dwarves are slaves to armok and ingame they are slaves to you. thus you are armok. Or in mathematical terms

controller of dorfs= armok
controller of dorfs= you
you= armok

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 06:34:27 pm »

actually YOU are Armok. the full title includes the phrase "slaves to armok" implying that the dwarves are slaves to armok and ingame they are slaves to you. thus you are armok. Or in mathematical terms

controller of dorfs= armok
controller of dorfs= you
you= armok
unless your playing as a adventurer like he was in which case my earlier explanation is correct

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 06:55:00 pm »

Armok was never and never will be real, from what I remember from an interview the name Armok is derived from the tag arm_ok which means your arms are functioning. "God of Blood" was a parody on the controversy from violent video games when Armok was made, in the early 2000s. Armok is now just an overrused meme.

EDIT: Oh yeah, "Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!" isn't a creation of DF, it's the battle cry of the followers of Khorne in W40k. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Blood_for_the_Blood_God "The motto is in concurrence with the belief that when an enemy is killed in Khorne's name, the blood that is spilled is added to the lake of blood from which Khorne's mountain of skulls arises, atop which the god and his throne sits. There is also the belief that the more blood that is spilt by an individual, the more worthy they are as sacrifices to Khorne."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 06:58:56 pm by Detonate »
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

cameron1124

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 06:59:00 pm »

How do you know that you are not Armok controlling an individual, and that individual is a "slave to armok"?

@detonate And exactly how is that preventing from Armok being in dwarf fortress lore? Sure it may be a play off of arm_ok but that doesnt mean Armok isnt real in dwarf fortress. and blood for the blood god would make sense because armok is god of blood. Now would you stop being a killjoy?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:01:48 pm by cameron1124 »

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 07:17:44 pm »

How do you know that you are not Armok controlling an individual, and that individual is a "slave to armok"?

@detonate And exactly how is that preventing from Armok being in dwarf fortress lore? Sure it may be a play off of arm_ok but that doesnt mean Armok isnt real in dwarf fortress. and blood for the blood god would make sense because armok is god of blood. Now would you stop being a killjoy?
guess It depends on how you think but in adventure mode I think I'am the adventurer not someone else manipulating him

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 02:23:30 pm »

How can you tell? Maybe its Adventureception. An adventurer within adventurer within adventurer.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 02:34:28 pm »

How can you tell? Maybe its Adventureception. An adventurer within adventurer within adventurer.

Mind = blown
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 02:53:40 pm »

Should I bring blood? Or is he made of blood? :O

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 03:23:42 pm »

Nah, Armok is made of fully functional arms which will beat the shist out of you until you have bled sufficiently.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:32:05 pm by Fen »
This space for rent

Matheld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 02:29:41 am »

Should I bring blood? Or is he made of blood? :O

If he is then by DF mechanics he's laughably weak

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 07:02:24 am »

fool he is made out of your worst corporeal fears with an punch like 1000 normal legendary dwarves.

just rambling.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: [1] 2 3