Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Family Guy MMO  (Read 7341 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Family Guy MMO
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2011, 03:04:22 am »

On the topic of the game: No.
On the topic of your comment, fuck off.

Ps. Compare the number of views.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:06:22 am by Soulwynd »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2011, 01:16:48 pm »

Oh boy... Received this email today:

Greetings!

Since you were one of the very first to register for Family Guy Online, it's only fair
you should be the first to know some exciting news we're announcing later today at
Comic-Con: the Family Guy Online character creator is now LIVE!

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2011, 02:52:20 pm »

a free-to-play, browser-based, 3D multiplayer game. All you need is a browser with the awesome Unity Web Player installed, and a web connection of course. You can create a character, become a citizen of virtual Quahog, and play and interact with your friends and favourite show characters.

Heh, looks like I was spot on with my prediction.
Well, I'll probably check it out when it's in open beta, but I don't think it'll be anything super stupendous that we've never seen before.

I think only fans that will appreciate the setting and novelty of playing in the Family Guy universe will enjoy this explicitly, whilst the game play mechanics will probably mirror most other online browser based MMOs.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2011, 04:40:06 pm »

When you predict the obvious; Interacting with quahog citizens and doing quests for them.

If you had said it would be a first person shooter where you fought an alien invasion trying to take out quahog and you were on the spot, I'd be impressed.

But in all seriousness, that really tells you absolutely nothing about the mechanics. Personally I doubt it will be any good, except for mayhaps some giggles, but I'm on a crusade against people assuming shit about shit they don't even know about yet. :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2011, 04:45:25 pm »

I have to tell my bro about this. He LOVES Family Guy. I don't really, I'm more of a South Park fan.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2011, 05:21:34 pm »

So far there are 5 different classes so we know combat exists.
Stewie is long range dps
Chris is close combat
Peter is tank
Lois is healer
and I'd assume Brian to be crowd control though it's not yet unlocked.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2011, 05:35:06 pm »

...the awesome Unity Web Player...

...What? The Unity Web Player is only decent at best.

Derail is GO!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2011, 05:42:31 pm »

I wouldn't know, haven't installed it.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2011, 05:48:28 pm »

Unity is okay, but the novelty of a browser based 3d game quickly wears off if you don't have a good connection, I'd much rather have an installed game.

As for the Family Guy game, eh might be fun for a day or two.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2011, 07:09:54 pm »

I can see your point, Soulwynd, but being only human, it is quite difficult to refrain from judgement when it comes to games and things! Though I promise you, I keep an open mind.

I have high hopes for the writing, and think it will make the experience enjoyable, whatever the game is like.
Hell, the game info page on their site gave me a chuckle.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2011, 07:30:24 pm »

I can see your point, Soulwynd, but being only human, it is quite difficult to refrain from judgement when it comes to games and things! Though I promise you, I keep an open mind.

I have high hopes for the writing, and think it will make the experience enjoyable, whatever the game is like.
Hell, the game info page on their site gave me a chuckle.
Good, be more robotic and join us, overlords!

Just kidding; But nono, I apologize since it was in the same post, I wasn't talking about you on the crusade bit. More about the people that came in and say "no" just because it was about family guy without even knowing what gameplay was like... But then again I find the gameplay to be more important than any theme or story when it comes to games so I'm a bit judgmental about that.

Probably a bit hypocritical in this case, since the only reason I'm interested in this is because it was family guy in it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2011, 07:40:11 pm »

Just kidding; But nono, I apologize since it was in the same post, I wasn't talking about you on the crusade bit. More about the people that came in and say "no" just because it was about family guy without even knowing what gameplay was like...

You must realize there is a subset of people that will not play games merely for their gameplay and writing, no matter how great they are. They want the setting or plot to be the kind of thing they'd be interested in. I understand if people say "no" just because they don't like Family Guy, because even if the gameplay and writing were great, they wouldn't get even a portion as much enjoyment out of it as people who do like the show.

Unless by people saying "no" you mean "no this game will not be good" in which case I say burn the idiots. No proof of that.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2011, 08:10:01 pm »

Unless by people saying "no" you mean "no this game will not be good" in which case I say burn the idiots. No proof of that.

What?

This is disturbing on so many levels.
Anyways this will probally be total crap, and quickly crumble. Family Guy isn't that funny anyways.
This looks like it'll be really shit.
On the topic of the game: No.

But yes, I know there's a subset of people like that and I sometimes go to other games to give a piece of my mind, which isn't usually nice. On the bright side, I make sure there's at least some information about the game before deciding if I will like it or not. Then again, setting/story doesn't matter to me.

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2011, 08:31:48 pm »

This looks like it'll be really shit.

Wow, did I really post that?
It normally isn't like me to be so judgemental of things. I must've been having a bad day. I know I can't retract what I said now, but well, I'd like to say that honestly I don't mean it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7