Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Family Guy MMO  (Read 7336 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Family Guy MMO
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2011, 05:31:10 am »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 11:05:16 am »

It's ok to be a dick...
Fix'd
Really fixed.

I hate Family Guy. How do people find that funny. They sicken me. >:(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That is so perfect.
It's exactly why I don't post in the league of legends thread. I'd be like that 'no' guy.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2011, 11:18:03 am »

INSERT POLARIZED OPINIONS HERE

I agree with that link, entirely. However, people seem to think it's okay to be a dick about other things they don't like (e.g. religion, pro life / pro choice, etc.)

Seriously, almost all of these problems are solved if you calm down. You don't have to like things, and you can even, if you word it appropriately, say you don't like those things... just don't try to force others to change their opinion with your sheer hate - fuelled willpower. It won't work.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2011, 01:25:11 pm »

Likely there are three ways they will be doing this family guy MMO

1) A horrible horrible game no one should play... or rather playing it straight
2) A fantasy family guy MMO... It could work.
3) A Chat thing similar to Second Life or Alpha world that takes place in the family guy universe.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2011, 01:46:25 pm »

Really fixed.

Because a debate about the truth or falsehood of gravity = subjective opinions on whether McFarlane's tired ass schtick is funny to some people or not?

Mmmmm no. I get what you're saying, but that's like a nerd trying to use math to prove something is cool.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 01:49:07 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2011, 02:04:08 pm »

McFarlane seems like he is only good when he sticks to a VERY close formula he created.

As even Robot Chicken is getting really REALLY old to some people (or EXTREMELY old to me... since my station used to play it over 3 times back to back. It gets really boring fast.)

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2011, 02:09:02 pm »

I fear that, considering the total lack of information on anything about this game, this thread will (or already has) devolve into our respective opinions of Family Guy, which will then turn into flaming.

If you like Family Guy, then cool. If you don't like it, cool. That's pretty much all you can say about that.

What I'm more interested in is how this will be played out. I remember playing a Family Guy game on the original Xbox and while it wasn't bad, it was terribly mediocre, but sold purely on the fact that it was a Family Guy related product. The reason I'm relating the two is because the graphic of Mayor West on the site looks exactly the same as the graphical style of the game on the original Xbox.

This will most likely be some browser based 3d mmo where you have some human-like avatar and run around Family Guy world doing quests for people from the series.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2011, 02:27:15 pm »

I like Family guy... but even if this was the Simpsons MMO I'd question HOW THE HECK do you make this a MMO?

Though to admit... this could just be a facebook game. Which would mean it is automatically a horrible game, ohh wait sorry it wouldn't even be a game because it is facebook.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 02:51:18 pm »

Simpsons had Simpsons - Hit and Run and Simpson the Arcade game, and almost certainly a few more, so it might be doable. Maybe. I fear Inverted is right though.  :-[

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 03:22:43 pm »

Because a debate about the truth or falsehood of gravity = subjective opinions on whether McFarlane's tired ass schtick is funny to some people or not?

Mmmmm no. I get what you're saying, but that's like a nerd trying to use math to prove something is cool.
No. I only said it's okay to be a dick.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2011, 07:40:13 pm »

Simpsons had Simpsons - Hit and Run and Simpson the Arcade game, and almost certainly a few more, so it might be doable. Maybe. I fear Inverted is right though.  :-[

I can count seven or eight off the top of my head. The only problem with those games is that none of them were MMOs.

Actually, I could see a Family Guy MMO. You would run around Quahog with a variety of zany attacks, doing random quests for NPCs from the show. The only problem I can see is that Family Guy doesn't really have a large enough story to do a traditional type of MMO that I am thinking of.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2011, 07:41:15 pm »

I can count seven or eight off the top of my head. The only problem with those games is that none of them were MMOs.

Actually, I could see a Family Guy MMO. You would run around Quahog with a variety of zany attacks, doing random quests for NPCs from the show. The only problem I can see is that Family Guy doesn't really have a large enough story to do a traditional type of MMO that I am thinking of.

It could include all the Spinoffs and fantasy episodes (like Starwars)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2011, 09:02:27 pm »

You know, nowhere in the page it says it's a MMO, at least I haven't seen it.

They only say it's family guy online and that it will use Unity. It could be a social game or something similar.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2011, 09:31:54 pm »

You know, nowhere in the page it says it's a MMO, at least I haven't seen it.

They only say it's family guy online and that it will use Unity. It could be a social game or something similar.
Registering for a closed beta makes it seem pretty certainly an MMO.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2011, 09:41:19 pm »

Because no other non-mmo in the world has had an online closed beta?

Assuming everyone means MMO in the traditional sense, as in mmorpg, it could be wrong unless you want to start calling shit like farmville a mmo. I actually signed for beta and the only thing it asked me was which character would I like to play most and least.

Could be potentially funny if you took the role of a family guy character and a few other players took the role of others, in an instanced world. There could be some interesting SS13-like backstabing and humor.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7