Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artificial limbs  (Read 1788 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Artificial limbs
« on: June 16, 2011, 08:22:27 am »

Peg legs.

No, seriously, stay with me.

You've all experienced the adventurer or special Dorf who loses a limb. If it's just an arm, that's no problem...but what about a leg? He's stuck with a crutch. Why not, instead, allow severed limbs to be replaced by peg legs and hooks?

They would use crutch walking for peg legs, but would free up an arm for a weapon OR if that arm was severed.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial limbs
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 08:38:04 am »

Maybe he just cut off the leg and replaced it with the crutch...
OMG I would love to see peg-leg dwarves and eye-patches man I would try to make a damn boat on an ocean just for the pleasure of having a fort of pirate sea fairing dorfs!

Yes!
Hello.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 08:39:40 am »

Toady's already planned at least some form of prosthesis IIRC
*Hugs*

Obsessed

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh no not you again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 07:08:42 pm »

I always thought it would be neat if you could sew on severed body parts and turn yourself into a freakshow in Adventure mode.

Not that different to holocausting elves in a magma chamber. We're all already nazis, just in denial about it.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 07:48:13 pm »

Before you post a suggestion please do a quick search. Read it, then only post if you have something new to add.

This is so we can build on suggestions instead of having the same old debates about the same old ideas.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 08:27:58 pm »

I always thought it would be neat if you could sew on severed body parts and turn yourself into a freakshow in Adventure mode.

This with Necromancy.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Obsessed

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh no not you again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 08:50:18 pm »

This with Necromancy.

I agree, the amount of messed up things you'd be able to do would be glorious
Not that different to holocausting elves in a magma chamber. We're all already nazis, just in denial about it.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 09:35:16 pm »

This with Necromancy.

I agree, the amount of messed up things you'd be able to do would be glorious

Shivering Isles Gatekeeper from TES4: Oblivion anyone?

My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 02:15:34 pm »

in the dwarf talk he mentioned frankensteins monster types with assorted sizes to their body-parts and possibly weapons grafted onto their arms. i ask.... why can't my adventurer be that way? just graft a crutch to his leg and give him a speed boost.... peg leg problem solved. 
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson