Poll

What is our next project?

Helm's Deep (LOTR) style wall
The Bridges of Flinging
Underground Labyrinth
Second Aquifer Breach
Post in topic

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Uristildom - Daggerfaints ~~Soon to have a Circus!~~ -Spoony's Turn-  (Read 30725 times)

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile

Is it a bad thing that I take pleasure in knowing that If I die the fortress is pretty much doomed because my death will either
A: Cause a tantrum spiral that either destroys or severely weakens the fort and
B: Will leave us unprotected against the gobbos.

So, the best course of action would be to build stairs up and down, down-current from the dwarves, so the dwarves get washed straight to it. 

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

Komra, you're not dead. You're just in the chute that leads to where Spoony and the other mason is.

I believe there is a chance, yet slim, that I can save them. If you guys would like to give it a go, save is posted here:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4551

This is quite the "Dwarf Fortress" I am used to hearing about, not my conservative, successful forts I make.

EDIT: Might this be better suited for Community fort instead?

Is it a bad thing that I take pleasure in knowing that If I die the fortress is pretty much doomed because my death will either
A: Cause a tantrum spiral that either destroys or severely weakens the fort and
B: Will leave us unprotected against the gobbos.

So, the best course of action would be to build stairs up and down, down-current from the dwarves, so the dwarves get washed straight to it.
We have only one precious pick, and nothing (except meat and plants) to trade for another one. It might be risky, but either way I'll probably savescum since there's no chance. I'll give it a shot.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, we could, in theory, craft wooden crafts, and just trade enough wooden crafts to get a new pick.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Short on wood.

Anyways, I have an idea, draining the aquifer into itself. Does water go down dug out/constructed down stairs? I want to avoid channeling if possible since it might trap my last miner.

I'll just experiment.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

10th Timber

"More people stuck down there again?"

"No, this time its Komra's pet, a goose."

10th Timber

"Oh carp."

"At least he discovered some of the minerals down there."

15th Timber

"Traders? And a Liason? This is really bad timing..."

"Well, just go deal with them. I'll manage Farmerbob's progress."

"Okay- BY ARMOK, YES!"

"KEEP AT IT FARMER! ISOLATE THE PASSAGE!"

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

16th Timber

"Another guy go down?"

Squid informed me. "Our stupid bookkeeper, Tobul, wanted to go pick up some clothes down there. Now he also needs medical attention."

"Oh well. Just get the tables prepped and buy a rope for a traction bench. Also forbid any more people from going down there."

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sorry, I just... I don't know what I was thinking. Augh... my leg..."

nanomagnetic

• Bay Watcher
  • cable * sprocket * chain
    • View Profile

I got a chance to load up the save. And I have to say things aren't looking too bad. I mean, I saw an undead cave swallow, and a lot of hardwork put into breaching the aquifer, but I think we'll survive. I bet we'd do okay moving into the cavern, even.

I mean, if we can ever get a wall up or the busted aquifers smoothed over. It's such a crazy mess in that cavern.

edit: If you don't mind me saying, I think you're wasting logs with the shape of the wall you've got going.

Here's what I mean:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think that's right. It's always hard to tell with dwarf-water what it's doing exactly.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:23:25 am by nanomagnetic »
Foldedlens -- 1004

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The whole cavern is lined with aquifer-rocks. I already cut off the flow from the north using up/down staircases (not walls now), and still there's flow into the hole.

Also, the hole itself might be lined with aquifer-rocks too, since the aquifer goes down to 89.

I have to forbid that stone before more people fall in...

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOC:

I'll be done today. Sorry for taking so long, its just that I tend to write the journal while I play, and that means that for every minute DF is running, 30-40 seconds are spent on paused.

22nd Timber

"Has that hospital been dug out yet?"

"No, practically everyone is eating or drinking or sleeping" Squid looked worried. "They need diagnosis and treatment soon, or else they'll be permanently impaired."

"Okay, just set one in the dormitory for now, we need to give them rest."

"Sure."

26th Timber

"Looks like Tobul won't be walking for a while."

"That's why he didn't come back up the passage..."

27th Timber

"What the carp? Where'd we get the cloth?"

"The traders nobly donated it to us. Well, at least they apparantly did."

I put my hand to my face. "Spoony..."

28th Timber

Squid gave me a report. "Tobul needs suturing, immobolization, setting, and dressing. He also needs soap, there's an infection."

"Oh carp. We need soap, now. Get some ash made quickly and tell Spoony that he needs to now make some soap."

Winter

7th Moonstone

"Looks like Spoony can still own a zombie even without a weapon."

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

8th Moonstone

"Why the hell won't you guys give water? Tobul's going to die of thirst at this rate!" I could hear Squid yelling at everyone.

"We can't find water!" replies a brewer.

"The whole freaking cave we found has water! What do you mean you can't find any?"

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tobul dying may also cause tantrums, as last time I checked Tobul was friends with many people, and also in a relationship.

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I die, I want to become a miner by the same name. Don't let me die, though, please.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tobul dying may also cause tantrums, as last time I checked Tobul was friends with many people, and also in a relationship.

Relationship with Spoony.

THIS IS SPOONY ALL OVER AGAIN ARGH.

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can imagine it.

Somebody must make an image of Tobul and Spoony holding onto the top of the picture, with ropes around our legs holding up a box that says "SANITY"

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will  8)

After I get this save done, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18