Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 7 Year:3  (Read 25769 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 5 Year:3
« Reply #360 on: September 19, 2011, 07:45:07 pm »

Have you seen Evil Dead (the first one)?  I think that's what we're up against.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 19, 2011, 07:46:30 pm »

Actually, It's just the description of the rolls that's confusing me...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 19, 2011, 08:09:16 pm »

Forget if it's good or bad, anyone have any heat sources I can use to fry this thing? We could always sacrifice the now-useless jeep in an explosion, if it comes down to it...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 19, 2011, 08:39:41 pm »

Low in first roll=bad encounter
middle first roll=neutral encounter
high=no encounter

the second roll is 1d100 and denotes power, with the lower the roll the more powerful the encounter is.  So (0, 1) would be worst possible imaginable, while (6, 100) is best.
edit*Also the jeep is far from useless, it took damage but if the wheel got freed then it'd be perfectly fine... there's just something holding you in place.
Nom nom nom

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 19, 2011, 08:57:16 pm »

Forget if it's good or bad, anyone have any heat sources I can use to fry this thing? We could always sacrifice the now-useless jeep in an explosion, if it comes down to it...

How much do you need?  The engine should still be running, and the tailpipe's nice and hot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 19, 2011, 08:59:09 pm »

"Fuck!" Try to unlodge the vehicle via Telekinesis.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 19, 2011, 09:00:51 pm »

Mental power isn't any help here.

Help unstick the jeep.

Better idea.

Mentally assist Taric.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 19, 2011, 09:02:15 pm »

also you get a cookie for catching that.  :)
Nom nom nom

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 19, 2011, 09:45:00 pm »

Draw my sword in my lap and keep and get ready to drive or start slicing
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 19, 2011, 09:50:50 pm »

Andrea absorbed all the heat she could from the surrounding air and the vehicle, but not her allies; no need to freeze them completely. Concentrating on the body attacking the jeep, she unleashed the heat in a fireball aimed directly at its face; maybe if she was lucky it would catch on fire and flee.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 20, 2011, 12:26:46 am »

try to disolve as much of the roots connections to the trees.
evil dead?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 20, 2011, 12:39:01 am »

It's before your time, Ahra, but you might know the third in the series: Army of Darkness. Anyway Evil Dead was awesome, Bruce Campbell is awesome, end of story. :3

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 20, 2011, 12:51:30 am »

errgh how do one come up with that?, its damn stephen king level.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 20, 2011, 09:11:38 am »

also you get a cookie for catching that.  :)

Oh hell, I didn't realize that was actually it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 20, 2011, 09:14:34 pm »

Turn 6:Heavy Metal Farm
"Fuck!" Try to unlodge the vehicle via Telekinesis.
Mental power isn't any help here.

Help unstick the jeep.

Better idea.

Mentally assist Taric.
(joint action 2+3=5)  The jeep luches a few inches into the air and then Taric yells "Got you, little bastard!" There is a massive snap and the jeep skids back a dozen feet.  You seem a mass of vines raise up from where the jeep was and it shoots towards the group  (4+1=5) and slams into a barrier which becomes visible as a purple-blue color for a split second before shattering.  (6+1=7) The vines suddenly recoil and twist and then shatter, pulled apart in a dozen directions at once.  (1)Taric collapses in his seat, and a thin trickle of blood runs from his mouth onto the floor. (4) Steve recoils and screams without sound and gasps for breath.

Draw my sword in my lap and keep and get ready to drive or start slicing
(2)  It takes you a second to realize that the jeep is free after it slides backwards, (6) but as taric collaspes you get your bearing and slam on the gas.  Spinning in a circle you smell the tires burn and then you are off.  As you drive insanely away a man stands up in front of the jeep and slams into the window.  His face inches from yours you smell rot and black earth as spores stream from his shattered skull, but the air freezes and then he and the spores are blow off the jeep in a geyser of steam and heat.  (5) You keep the jeep on the road and avoid hitting anything else.

Andrea absorbed all the heat she could from the surrounding air and the vehicle, but not her allies; no need to freeze them completely. Concentrating on the body attacking the jeep, she unleashed the heat in a fireball aimed directly at its face; maybe if she was lucky it would catch on fire and flee.
  (5)  As before the air crystalizes and the fog falls to the ground in a sheet of ice as a roiling ball of pure heat slams into the creature.  It's chest and head are blown apart, and it falls backwards onto the ground steaming and twitching.  The Jeep screeches backwards and then Henry spins the wheel and the vehicle is off.  Seconds later another one of the half-plant half-man things slams into the front of the jeep  (5) throwing your hand out you suck heat from the engine and funnel it upwards through the hood, blasting it off the jeep in a could of steam.

try to disolve as much of the roots connections to the trees.
evil dead?
(6) You spit a large glob of acid out of the window onto the nearest tree's base, it squirms and steams but then suddenly grows upwards, twisting and reaching for the long hidden sun, growing off the nutrients in your acid it blooms and sprays large spores into the still air.  (5)  The spores don't move towards the jeep and it swings around and shoots off down the road.

***Group Event:
After another hour of driving taric finally regains consciousness just as you arrive in the abandoned farmland.  (4)  Driving past large, overgrown fields you see nothing until suddenly the earth is dark and planted with long rows of almost normal plants.  (5)  You see a long drive-way leading up to a house and barn, with smoke slowly climbing from a long chimney.  The entire farm is surrounded by a massive wood and metal fence seemingly made from posts, barb-wire and parts of vehicles.  (6)  Driving slowly to the massive gate, it swings inwards and a person holding some type of weapon and covered in armor and a helmet made of hide and beaten metal waves you in.

east-2 days-ocean
East 4 hours-Abandoned apartment complex
North-0 hours-forested area and old farmland
west-Badlands-home to a number of renegade people, though the entire area is low lying ground and almost everything is swamp and mud
south-west-5 hours-Mountains and old mining complex
south-3 hours-military base

Time: 10:00AM
Weather:Light Rain, the best it get's usually
Group Item:
Officer's Jeep- 8/50 L of Alcohol Mixed Petrol
Taric
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alan

Andrea