Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26

Author Topic: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 7 Year:3  (Read 25811 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 28
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2011, 11:08:01 am »

and that post was on the 18th.  Sorry but this MAY get updated today.  I am extremely busy this last few weeks, and have not gotten the chance to update so far.  I may very well have a few hours at home this evening, but I won't promise anything.  Either way IT IS NOT DEAD!
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 19, 2011, 06:51:33 pm »

Ok so I'm finally home, and I was wondering if you as the players would like this restored, or a different version where you are military members 20 years into the apocalypse?  Of course you can all have reserved spots.  If you'd like I could even 'continue' this one and fast-forward your characters 5-20 years.
If you want to fast-forward I can give a list of notable events in the next 20 years that we could continue from.  Only reason I am wondering is because it's actually a book I am writing, and well on my vacation(/funeral trip, it's okay she was 109) I got quite a bit done.
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 19, 2011, 06:54:42 pm »

Continue this, same characters and fast forward a few years.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2011, 06:56:15 pm »

Continue this, same characters and fast forward a few years.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2011, 07:10:13 pm »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 19, 2011, 09:47:30 pm »

Raggle Fraggle

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2011, 10:23:27 pm »

Whatever.

(c-c-c-combo breaker)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2011, 11:12:29 pm »

Also with Taric on this.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 20, 2011, 09:26:18 am »

Ehm k then, Here a lift of possible noteable events we can fast-forward to.
Year 3: Retaliation strikes upon the Asian Empires, mutagen has spread to every corner of the globe, mercenary forces run via large corporations run rampant, extracting and killing mutagen infected people, as scientists work on improvements, no one even cares about a cure anymore.  Small pockets of army and government survive, you are press-ganged into one of these as you have been for the last 3 years.

Year 5:A new muta-creature has shown itself, much like the self-reproducing dog-like creature you fought almost 5 years ago, it starts on the east coast of the what once was the United states, and quickly spreads across until all of North American is swarmed by it and it's many varients.  Government and resistance quickly collapses, you have to escape.

Year 6:Leaving by boat was a terrible idea, not long later you shipwreck on an island facility, the mutation is nearly non-existant here but what of it is here is easily 20 or more years old, the island may hold answers to the origen of the mutagen.

since you said just a few years I'll leave it at this, do you want to start at year 3, or skip ahead?   Starting at the beginning may make you better equipped for later years.
Nom nom nom

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 20, 2011, 10:26:15 am »

Start at Year 3 I want to see this all the way until the island since that would be awesome sauce

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 20, 2011, 11:09:24 am »

eh maybe year 3?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 20, 2011, 11:11:51 am »

Year 3
Raggle Fraggle

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 20, 2011, 08:57:36 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 20, 2011, 10:10:43 pm »

Ok due to random haven and hearth  chaos, huge block of text concerning start of new scenario coming tomorrow.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 22, 2011, 04:01:35 pm »

Break-Out  Turn:0  Year:3
As the days passed waves of creatures washed towards the town, drawn by gunfire and lingering cries of pain.  It seemed an age until the convoy arrived, and not an hour before it pulled into town little Jessie and her bear went missing, calling for her while running to the pick-up site brought nothing.  The convoy itself consisted of little more then 10 very scared young boys, clinging to rifles and riding a few battered old jeeps.  Bullet holes, scratches, and massive cuts ran down the sides of the vehicles and the dark green color they once were was nearly replaced with blood.  A horde of mutated monsters ran after them, many carrying basic weapons they had changed with, attempting to shoot but never realizing they were long out of ammo.  As you drove on, in a final act of desperation Andrea was forced to burn the town to the ground as you fled, to keep the hordes from overtaking you.
A few days later you pulled into the remains of the military base, the first few months it seemed like a good place to hold the last visages of civilization.  However as the last of the recruited military slowly died from wounds, mutations, and a fungal infection brought on by the endless rains, the commanders pressed into service all those at the base, you included.  Those who resisted were executed, and your small group was split up into separate divisions and set out on seemingly meaningless missions.  Today was the day that those 'missions' came into fruition, missiles rained across the globe, powered by your unwilling work.  Mutagen has spread into the air, water and ground of every space on Earth.  Hope for salvation is now gone, but you have a chance to escape.  The heartless attacks by your superiors have started a riot on the military base, the five of you were meeting for breakfast when the riots began.  You have no friends but each other here, and everyone is out for themselves, willing to kill you should they see the need.
***The Alarm Sounds, if you are going to escape, now is the time****

Time: 6:00AM
Weather:Raining.. as always
Status of: Military Base-Chaos, in one piece

Military Base Locations:
-Cafeteria -Andrea, Steve, Taric, Henry, Alan
-Kitchens
-Recreational Area
    -Gym
    -Target Range
    -Socialization Area
-Officers Quarters