Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 7 Year:3  (Read 25838 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 24
« Reply #240 on: July 04, 2011, 03:03:25 pm »

Turn 25:Nice to Eat you
Head back home to drop off the food, then head to the milsurp store.
(2)  You manage to get the food back to the house, but it takes longer then it should have.  You drop off the food, along with the other canned food and water you had to make room, then take off to the hunting supplies store (5) you make up the massive lack in time by jogging the whole way there, you actually run straight into Alan, he looks really panicked for some reason, at least you are outside the store.  You tumble backwards and land in a heap.

my head ... ah well lets see if i can find the damn store again
--------------------------------------
get to hunting store and loot whatever thats not bolted to the floor
so this shit is weak against (inorganic) nylon ropes but good agains organic?
what about metal?
(6)  You wander around for quite a bit until you manage to get fairly lost, however you spot an old man hunched over on the side walk.  Forgetting what's been happening the last day you walk over to him and politely ask how to get to the hunting store. (?  5) He looks up at you, his face is drawn down to almost 3 times it's normal length, and that is taken up by huge sharp teeth, his jaw cracks open and he says "Let me eat you then I can just walk to the store, HAHAHA."  You blanch and run (1) you trip a half dozen times, and each time the old man almost catches you, literally biting at your ankles.  (5)  You spot the Hunting store and decide to run in that direction, you make a good distance between you and the old man (2) but end up running head first into Taric, tumbling you both over, in your attempt to get away.

Did you seriously roll five 6s for me?  I'm surprised I didn't mentally fly the store back to Taric's house.

Shit.

"Understood."

Try to read their intentions.  If I get a chance (don't be a hero) with just a single guard, fry his brain and book it.  Don't go straight back to Taric's house if so.
(2) You open your mouth to reply and one of them pistol whips you, the other produces a piece of rope and ties you hands, and mouth shut.  Someone mumbles "You can never be to safe with these bloody mutants, why don't we just cut the head off and be done with it?"  You hear a smack and no one else says anything more.  (2) Neither guard leaves you alone, so you attempt to just read their minds.  (5)  Most of them are really scared, and you can sense a half dozen children in the back of the store, however the two guarding you along with two others that seem rather out of place all have thoughts about different things, all bad for you.  One seems to have the knowledge of making a cure for the mutational gas, but it requires... your blood apparently.  Another is just terrified of mutants and wants to kill you, and is actually making plans to do it when no one is looking, little does he realizes that's he is becoming mutated himself.  The third seems to agree with the first, and wants to keep you alive, to farm you for the antidote, which you learn from him only works in the first 3 hours of infection, far to late for yourself.  The fourth's mind is shielded somehow, but from scraping the surface you learn that he disagrees with what the others are doing, and wishes he had the courage to free you.

Andrea took a step back. "Mom... what's going on?" she asked. "What's wrong with Dad, and who's been in here?"

Action: Keep an eye on EVERYTHING and run if approached. Try to find a nearby building to hide in.
(4)  She replies "Oh honey, just a few very scared people, they seemed to think that our little bit of food would keep them alive... I think they got eaten by something after leaving the house.  As for Dad, well he didn't take to whatever happened last night too well, he started screaming in pain and crying, so I turned the TV on and put in some videos to distract him, when the power went off he crawled over and turned the TV back on with himself, he's been there since.  Now sweets this may be to much to understand, but I've had this power for a very long time.  Back when I was just a little girl my grandfather brought home this vial of purple liquid, I thought it was candy and when he wasn't looking I drank it.  Ever since then I've been able to start small fires and freeze little things, but that dust yesterday night?  Well it seems to have made it stronger.  Now your great-grandpa told me that if I ever couldn't control it, that my child would, and he taught me how to pass on the power.  So what I want to give you is simply this, all the control and strength I have gained over my life, so that it won't kill you when you try and use it.  I'm sure you've already experimented with it and found the effects, very unpleasant. So all you have to do, is come here and give me your hand ok?"
(5) No one comes, and you sit at the table, contemplating the decision, your mother certainly seems to be herself, and very sincere.  (5)  You even seem to recall your mother starting the wood stove without a lighter, so your memories seem to fit, you must have just ignored it at the time.

****Combat/Decision Time!****
Big Mouthed Old Man-(6) Two for the price of one!  What a great deal.  He manages to close all but the last two feet between Taric and Alan.

Time:9:00AM day 2

Weather:Bright, clean, clear

Environment:Taric's House:Door Barricaded.  All Windows barricaded, Chain fence fixed, and lightly reinforced.  Shed is fine.  Nearby Houses have been largely stripped of usable wood, you'd need to use a sledge hammer to make anything loose enough to use.  Top Front Windows made into Sniper's Pillboxes.  3 Usable Vehicles sit across the road.

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around Taric's house):
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out
Wheel Barrel (lets you move 4 large items)
Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (8/10L)
Portable Power Generator (5/5L gas)
-4 Mustard gas grenades
-4 Smoke Grenades
-2 Red X canisters.
2 10 MM 12 shot pistols
8 12 round 10mm clips
-3 sets of car keys
-Large Box with "food" written on it
Case of 1L bottled water, 12 bottles
Rationx2 200g, medium nutrition
bear Stake x5
Canned foodx3

Taric: Outside Hunting Store
Not Hungry
Not thirsty
Not Tired
Gas mask

Steve: Convenience Store, being held up
Not Hungry
Not thirsty
Not Tired
Gas mask

Andrea: Andrea's Parents House
Not Tired
Slightly Hungry
Slightly thirsty
Gas mask

Henry:Taric's House
Slightly Hungry
Moderately Thirsty
Not Tired
Gas Mask

Jessie:Taric's House
Not Hungry
Not Thirsty
Fine
Apparently Telekinetic, only mildly, unaware of power.
Gas Mask
Has 'pet' Lizardman

Alan-Outside Hunting Store
Slightly Hungry
Slightly Thirsty
Slightly Tired
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 25
« Reply #241 on: July 04, 2011, 03:05:31 pm »

Get up and open fire on the old man.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2011, 04:31:35 pm »

spit him in the face and stab him
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 04, 2011, 05:49:30 pm »

"O-OK..." Andrea said, stepping forward. This was just too weird! Why was her mom able to do this even before the dust fell? She would have to think about it later. "But... why do you stay here? Both of you could come with me! I met up with some other people, one of them's a cop and he has a radio. They're supposed to be sending people to save us in a week."

Action: Go ahead and approach Mom warily. Accept gift when offered, and if my paranoia doesn't bear out try to convince my parents to follow me. Whether or not I convince her go up to my room to get some belongings, such as ammo and clean clothes.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 04, 2011, 07:42:43 pm »

Great... how can I get out of this alive?

Attempt to gently change their thought process.  For the first one, make him think the second one wants him dead.  For the second one, dull his senses.  Give the third one a desire to protect me.  Encourage the fourth one.

Hey kilakan, have you ever read Asimov's Pebble in the Sky or Foundation series?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 04, 2011, 08:00:20 pm »

No why are they good novels?  I need new reading material.
Nom nom nom

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 04, 2011, 08:08:57 pm »

I quite enjoyed them.  Read Pebble in the Sky (it's short) and you'll understand why I asked.  The Foundation series is good as well (especially the first three), but it's seven books.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 06, 2011, 02:16:21 pm »

I'm not dead yet!  Turn up in a few hours, just kinda busy guys.
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 06, 2011, 02:20:25 pm »

He says he's not dead. ;D

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 06, 2011, 09:49:55 pm »

Keep Keeping Guard?

Very Much back
Raggle Fraggle

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2011, 09:06:09 am »

bump
Quite fucked indeed.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 12, 2011, 07:50:19 am »

Turn 26:The Turn I forgot to name
Get up and open fire on the old man.
(5)  You roll to your feet, pulling out your smg as you roll.  (5)  You open up fire on the old man, starting at his feet and letting the gun slowly pull itself up.  (6)  The old man stumbles back a half dozen feet  (?) but as your clip runs out, he just looks at you and then staggers forward a pace.  The bullet holes are slowly filling in with some metallic like liquid, which as it drips to the ground vaporizes like dry ice.

spit him in the face and stab him
(2)  Your spit goes wide as Taric opens fire beside your head.  Your ears ring and you cringe until he runs out of bullets, you look up to see the old man slowly staggering towards you  (6)  You lunge at him recklessly, (2) but as you close the gap he swings and knocks you back a half dozen feet.  (3)  You get to your feet as the man takes another struggling step forward.

"O-OK..." Andrea said, stepping forward. This was just too weird! Why was her mom able to do this even before the dust fell? She would have to think about it later. "But... why do you stay here? Both of you could come with me! I met up with some other people, one of them's a cop and he has a radio. They're supposed to be sending people to save us in a week."

Action: Go ahead and approach Mom warily. Accept gift when offered, and if my paranoia doesn't bear out try to convince my parents to follow me. Whether or not I convince her go up to my room to get some belongings, such as ammo and clean clothes.
(4)  She grips you by the wrist tightly, and leans forward.  You tell her that she should come with you, that you could use more answers and that she shouldn't stay here.  She looks at you forlornly "Sorry Andrea, but I'm already dead.  If you see anyone wearing suits and sticking needles in corpses, with a intersected double triangle emblem on their shoulders, kill them for me would you?"   You attempt to remove her grip but it's like iron.  Fires race down her skin and plunge into your hand, the room gets hotter and hotter, as you stand there the walls begin to burn.  Your mother smiles and then turns into pure flame, pulling into your hand.  Nothing of her is left, but you can almost feel as if she is still with you.  You attempt to use the power to put out the flames, but all that happens is they jump from place to place.  You don't feel tired or uncomfortable trying to use it anymore, as if years of training were just put straight into your flesh.
Level 2 Mutation Gained: Pure Heat Manipulation

Great... how can I get out of this alive?

Attempt to gently change their thought process.  For the first one, make him think the second one wants him dead.  For the second one, dull his senses.  Give the third one a desire to protect me.  Encourage the fourth one.
(3,2,1,6)  The first one seems to become distrusting of the second, but doesn't act.  The second one seems to not change at all.  The third seems to become aggressive towards you, and starts walking over.  You panic and funnel all your strength into the last, he suddenly stands up and pulls out a pistol, in seconds the other three are all laying dead.  He walks over to you and undoes the ropes, tells you to run and then goes into the back room, you hear gunshots and a bullet whizzes past your ear.

Keep Keeping Guard?

Very Much back
(1)  You begin to lose track of time, and stop watching intently, (4)  you snap to attention as a group of dogs comes down the sidewalk, you see about 5 and they all have large bloated sacs of flesh hanging under their jaws.  They jump over the fence and lay down in the yard.  If anyone is going to be leaving or coming in those things will have to be killed or scared off.

****Combat/Decision Time!****
Big Mouthed Old Man-(5) He jumps forwards, closing the gap between him and Alan nearly instantly, he lands on his hands and feet, and scuttles forwards.

Time:9:10AM day 2

Weather:Bright, clean, clear

Environment:Taric's House:Door Barricaded.  All Windows barricaded, Chain fence fixed, and lightly reinforced.  Shed is fine.  Nearby Houses have been largely stripped of usable wood, you'd need to use a sledge hammer to make anything loose enough to use.  Top Front Windows made into Sniper's Pillboxes.  3 Usable Vehicles sit across the road.

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around Taric's house):
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out
Wheel Barrel (lets you move 4 large items)
Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (8/10L)
Portable Power Generator (5/5L gas)
-4 Mustard gas grenades
-4 Smoke Grenades
-2 Red X canisters.
2 10 MM 12 shot pistols
8 12 round 10mm clips
-3 sets of car keys
-Large Box with "food" written on it
Case of 1L bottled water, 12 bottles
Rationx2 200g, medium nutrition
bear Stake x5
Canned foodx3

Taric: Outside Hunting Store
Not Hungry
Not thirsty
Not Tired
Gas mask

Steve: Convenience Store, being held up
Not Hungry
Not thirsty
Not Tired
Gas mask

Andrea: Andrea's Parents House  **ON FIRE**
Not Tired
Slightly Hungry
Slightly thirsty
Gas mask

Henry:Taric's House
Slightly Hungry
Moderately Thirsty
Not Tired
Gas Mask

Jessie:Taric's House
Not Hungry
Not Thirsty
Fine
Apparently Telekinetic, only mildly, unaware of power.
Gas Mask
Has 'pet' Lizardman

Alan-Outside Hunting Store
Slightly Hungry
Slightly Thirsty
Slightly Tired
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:50:25 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 12, 2011, 08:11:51 am »

oh fuck you old man if you want a duel...
------------------------------
bite him as i stab him, i jump on him
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2011, 08:25:54 am »

Somehow attach an "X" grenade to the old man then pull the pin and run!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 12, 2011, 08:49:47 am »

Somehow attach an "X" grenade to the old man then pull the pin and run!
you didn't take any of those, they are back at the house
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26