Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 7 Year:3  (Read 25917 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 20
« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2011, 07:01:38 pm »

Haha thanks I missed that.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2011, 05:24:25 pm »

self bump, need toaster... again.
Nom nom nom

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2011, 05:44:25 pm »

Sorry- been a bad week.

Get the cars working.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2011, 05:48:07 pm »

Sorry- been a bad week.

Get the cars working.
ya no problem man, I've had double shifts all week.  Anyways turn up in about 30 minutes
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2011, 06:22:05 pm »

oh and Ahra, something you may not realize, the turns are hour each, except during combat, which is roughly 10 minutes.  So going into tarics house is like what, 1 minute?  For this turn I'll just say that you looked about and familiarized yourself with the area, so you know where the group equipment is, ect.  But next time you're gonna wanna probably chain together 4 or 5 actions, I'm easy on ultra fails, so if your actions require the first to be done, then I'll just roll twice for it, and maybe the last one won't be done.
Turn 21:Of Freaky Men, and Scary Little Girls
Make sure lizardman is restrained then take him back to my house and shut him in the shed.
(5)  You take out your handcuffs.... wait you forgot you had these, oh well they are useful now.  You handcuff the lizard man, and tie his feet together with a piece of clothing off of one of the dead men, and drag him back to the shed.  You unceremoniously dump him on the floor, and he groans loudly, you shrug and turn to leave.  Andrea blocks the door, shotgun in hand.  (4)  You can't be bothered to stop her so you just push past with a good evening, and head back to the house.

ok what. the. fuck. was that thing *backs away from taric* i thought he had surrendered?
get into the tarics house

ok so the gas is an mutational ultra accelerant?
and where did those things that ate some of the men go?
You take a really long time to wander about and look at all the not-so-pretty sights, 40 minutes to be exact.  You wander into the house wondering where those shadow things went, and with a knowledge of the surrounding area. (check the maps on the previous turns, for reference of the house and town if you want.)

Andrea took the pistols, handing one to Alan. She'd give one to each of the others as well since she already had the magnum and a good amount of ammo for her shotgun. That dust... it affects mutation, right? So... am I closer to normal now, or did that gas make it even worse? Inhaling smoke was a bad thing, she knew, but she was sure exhaling it was much worse. She didn't want to be doing that again any time soon! "So... Alan... you feel funny? Like, at all?" she asked. He might have gotten into that dust too, although if he hadn't turned into a mindless monster yet it wasn't likely that he was going to.

"Anyway, you might as well come inside and meet the others. There's Taric, Steve, Henry, and Jessie. I'm Andrea. Taric's a cop, and Jessie's a little girl. I don't know much about Steve or Henry," she said apologetically. "Let's hustle. It's already dark and I don't wanna be out here too much longer.

Action: Execute the lizardman with a shotgun blast to the back of the head to make sure he doesn't try to come in after us, following Taric into the shed if need be, then reload, head to the house, and relax to try and relieve a bit of tiredness. EDIT: Also pass out handguns like they're going out of style.

Heavy Weapons girl. I guess I'd better start using a Russian accent. Also I just now noticed I'm Angela in the after-turn statuses. ^^;
You toss a handgun to each person, too bad they have no ammo, oh well.  You follow behind Taric while he drags the lizardman to the shed, he tosses him in, and you push past him to get to the man.  (3)  You shakily put the shotgun to the back of the mans head, it's just not the same when they aren't trying to kill you too.  (1)  Your nerve fails when the man talks, "Wha.... where am I, why am I inside."  you can't help but reply  "You've become horribly mutated, your skin is scales, and you just finished trying to shoot us."  (man's reply roll=5)  "You sound..... like you are about to cry, and why am I tied up, I feel better now, and besides I can't remember anything anyways.... do you know who I am?"  (6)You muster your nerve to kill the man, he's useless if he's got amnesia anyways, but then Jessie walks in, she crawls over to the man and rolls him over, somehow lifting him into a sitting position.  (1)  Something in the little girl kind of cracks, she puts her hand to his head and mumbles "I like how you look, you are my new toy."  The mans eye's go white and he rips the ties off his arms and legs, he stands and then bows to Jessie,  "Anything Miss."  (6)  you are too shocked, you just walk out and into the house, then lay down on the couch.  Neither follows you in, and you actually fall asleep.

Sorry- been a bad week.

Get the cars working.
(2) You rummage about in the cars and manage to find the keys for each of them, they turn over.  You shut the cars off satisfied and walk into the house.
-gained 3 sets of car keys

Quote from: Riccto/henry
Sleep.
he falls asleep in the upstairs bed, and snores loudly

Time:8:0PM day 1

Weather:Very Dark bonfire starting to go out

Environment:Taric's House:All Windows barricaded, Chain fence fixed, and lightly reinforced.  Shed is fine.  Nearby Houses have been largely stripped of usable wood, you'd need to use a sledge hammer to make anything loose enough to use.  Top Front Windows made into Sniper's Pillboxes  Front Door Broken, dead bodies on door step.  Large bonfire roars over where the outlaws used to be.  3 Usable Vehicles sit across the road.

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around Taric's house):
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out
Wheel Barrel (lets you move 4 large items)
Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (8/10L)
Portable Power Generator (5/5L gas)
-4 Mustard gas grenades
-4 Smoke Grenades
-2 Red X canisters.
2 10 MM 12 shot pistols
8 12 round 10mm clips
-3 sets of car keys

Taric: Taric's house
slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Slightly Tired
Gas mask

Steve: Taric's house
Slightly Hungry
slightly thirsty
Moderately Tired
Foot Mangled but patched and treated
8-20 hours to heal
Gas mask

Andrea: Taric's House
Not Tired
Not Hungry
Not thirsty
Gas mask

Henry:Taric's House
Not Hungry
slightly Thirsty
moderately Tired
Gas Mask
Shoulder Treated 12 hours till healed

Jessie:Taric's House
Not Hungry
Not Thirsty
Fine
Apparently Telekinetic, only mildly, unaware of power.
Gas Mask
Has 'pet' Lizardman

Alan-Taric's House
Moderately Hungry
Moderately Thirsty
Moderately Tired
Nom nom nom

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 21
« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2011, 06:38:10 pm »

uuuh girlie where did you get that ... pet? i dont really think its an normal pet... (whispered to andrea)
"can you please tell me whats up with that girl, she´s making me think about horror movies, the mental kind you know"
ah well do you need this flooring officer, if not i may need it for repairing the door
and i dont really think i wanna get surprised by whatever made /points thumb at the new "pet"/ him into that. so first guards on me okay?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:50:52 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2011, 06:47:27 pm »

Clean off bodies from the doorstep, then go take a nap for two hours. Someone has to be on the night guard.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 30, 2011, 07:36:44 pm »

Andrea scratched the back of her head with a yawn, awakened by Alan's question. "Jessie? We found her under some rubble near the outskirts of town. I've been trying to take care of her." It is a little odd that she doesn't seem to miss her family at all. At least she listened to her, and taking care of Jessie felt like a useful thing to do in the circumstances. "But yeah, I hear you. Maybe she's just out of it; she probably saw her whole family killed." That reminded her of her own family. Tomorrow she would have to go to their house and see what had happened. She had put it off today because truthfully she didn't want to know; if she didn't see her parent's bodies then there was still the possibility they were out there somewhere and she could find them.

Alan offered to be the first guard, which reminded her. "No, it's OK. I'll take first watch, and you can have the second. You look tired; here, take the couch. If you're hungry or thirsty I have some water and trail mix."

Action: Give Ahra enough of the trail mix and water to get his hungry/thirsty statuses to fine, then go out and bring Jessie and her pet inside. Keep an eye out for anything until it's time to wake Ahra up for his watch.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2011, 08:04:08 pm »

uuuh girlie where did you get that ... pet? i dont really think its an normal pet... (whispered to andrea)
"can you please tell me whats up with that girl, she´s making me think about horror movies, the mental kind you know"
ah well do you need this flooring officer, if not i may need it for repairing the door
and i dont really think i wanna get surprised by whatever made /points thumb at the new "pet"/ him into that. so first guards on me okay?

you have trust issues with taric now eh?
Anyways, ya, I can do the night turn in a lump run, and stop it if anything interesting happens, I'll run you guys through guard duty rounds if you want, or I can stop at some point if you want to do something in the middle of the night.
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2011, 08:20:47 pm »

I'd be fine with just running straight through it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2011, 08:27:22 pm »

Run straight through.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2011, 10:11:11 pm »

Straight through works for me.

"Think we should put out that bonfire?  We can see by it, but it might attract... things.

Fix up the door and put out that bonfire if the group agrees.  Spend some time concentrating on seeing surrounding minds, then go to bed at 9PM and rest till watch turn.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:12:46 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2011, 10:21:05 pm »

Hmm. Tough decision there... I guess put it out.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 01, 2011, 04:04:56 am »

put out, straight trough
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 02, 2011, 03:30:38 pm »

Turn 22:Day 2
Straight through works for me.

"Think we should put out that bonfire?  We can see by it, but it might attract... things.

Fix up the door and put out that bonfire if the group agrees.  Spend some time concentrating on seeing surrounding minds, then go to bed at 9PM and rest till watch turn.
(4)  After Taric moves the bodies you prop the door back in place, luckily none of the boards broke, so you quickly hammer all the nails into different holes so it would hold like new... as long as new means it holds a bit better then last time.  (3)  You don`t really have anything to put the bonfire out, so you just grab a large stick and spread out all the burning pieces, it should burn itself out after an hour or two like this.  (?)  You attempt to search the surrounding minds but you end up touching on the lizard man's mind, it feels like something is enveloping his consciousness and using a split personality of it's own to control him, you shudder and try to close your mind off, but end up damaging something.  The sounds revert to the same static way they were this morning.  You sleep pretty well, and on your guard duty (2) barely manage to keep your eyes open (?) nothing seems to come near the house at your time, and until your turn ends, it's all very uneventful.

Andrea scratched the back of her head with a yawn, awakened by Alan's question. "Jessie? We found her under some rubble near the outskirts of town. I've been trying to take care of her." It is a little odd that she doesn't seem to miss her family at all. At least she listened to her, and taking care of Jessie felt like a useful thing to do in the circumstances. "But yeah, I hear you. Maybe she's just out of it; she probably saw her whole family killed." That reminded her of her own family. Tomorrow she would have to go to their house and see what had happened. She had put it off today because truthfully she didn't want to know; if she didn't see her parent's bodies then there was still the possibility they were out there somewhere and she could find them.

Alan offered to be the first guard, which reminded her. "No, it's OK. I'll take first watch, and you can have the second. You look tired; here, take the couch. If you're hungry or thirsty I have some water and trail mix."

Action: Give Ahra enough of the trail mix and water to get his hungry/thirsty statuses to fine, then go out and bring Jessie and her pet inside. Keep an eye out for anything until it's time to wake Ahra up for his watch.
You share your food and water with Alan, he drinks half your water, and 100g of the trail mix, seems he was pretty thirsty after all.  (6)  You go and get Jessie and that thing... and bring them inside, though it proves hard, Jessie comes in perfectly fine, but as she moves away from the lizardman his eyes clear of some of the white and he attempts to back away.  Jessie's teddy bear falls to the ground, from her hands, and then stands up.  It moves over to the lizard man, takes his hand and drags him inside, things with that little girl are getting stranger by the minute.  (1)  You intend to stay awake, but can't manage to keep your eyes open, Alan awakes for his turn, and just leaves you where you sleep.

Clean off bodies from the doorstep, then go take a nap for two hours. Someone has to be on the night guard.
(5)  You move the bodies and toss them on the now-smoldering bonfire, they sizzle and pop and you think that you can see some of the purple gas hiss from their mouths before being caught in the flame.  You go to sleep intending to wake up soon, but end up sleeping for hours until Alan finishes his turn, (?)  your night-watch is uneventful.

Andrea shares some of her food and water with you, you eat and drink until you feel better and then go look for that little girl.  (4)  The little girls looks at you, with the lizardman behind her, and says that he's her new toy, because she's always wanted a lizard.  You notice that her teddy bear is walking around by itself, but seems pretty benign.  (5)  She tells you that she likes you, and thinks that if they can't find her daddy that you'd make a great replacement daddy, this gives you the creeps until she begins sobbing, and you end up holding her as she cries until it's your turn for watch.  You tell her you have to go make sure nothing comes in the house and she nods.  As you walk away the teddy bear moves over and lays it's hand on her back, somehow you think that you can almost her it talking in a grown mans voice, but you shrug it off as lack of sleep.  (3)  A bit groggy, you manage to keep a decent watch until it's not your turn (?) nothing happens the entire time.

Quote from: Riccto/Henry
take Last watch, wake group
He stays very alert, and manages to shoot something that tries to sneak up on the house, it squeals and runs away.
He wakes everyone at first light.

*******DAY 2:(?)  Everyone gathers in the kitchen, and someone says it's only 6:00Am, and that's it's too early for an apocalypse, you all laugh and feel a bit heartened by being able to smile.  (5)  It seems a group of something dragged all the bodies off in the night without you hearing it, and the ground was even licked clean of blood.  The street's only evidence that a massive fight took place yesterday was the 3 cars, left untouched overnight.  The sun shines brightly.

Time:6:00AM day 2

Weather:Bright, clean, clear

Environment:Taric's House:Door Barricaded.  All Windows barricaded, Chain fence fixed, and lightly reinforced.  Shed is fine.  Nearby Houses have been largely stripped of usable wood, you'd need to use a sledge hammer to make anything loose enough to use.  Top Front Windows made into Sniper's Pillboxes.  3 Usable Vehicles sit across the road.

Group Inventory(aka what's laying around Taric's house):
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out
Wheel Barrel (lets you move 4 large items)
Chainsaw (1/1L gas)
Gas can (8/10L)
Portable Power Generator (5/5L gas)
-4 Mustard gas grenades
-4 Smoke Grenades
-2 Red X canisters.
2 10 MM 12 shot pistols
8 12 round 10mm clips
-3 sets of car keys

Taric: Taric's house
moderately Hungry
moderately thirsty
Not Tired
Gas mask

Steve: Taric's house
Moderately Hungry
Moderately thirsty
Not Tired
Gas mask

Andrea: Taric's House
Not Tired
Slightly Hungry
Slightly thirsty
Gas mask

Henry:Taric's House
Slightly Hungry
Moderately Thirsty
Not Tired
Gas Mask

Jessie:Taric's House
Not Hungry
Not Thirsty
Fine
Apparently Telekinetic, only mildly, unaware of power.
Gas Mask
Has 'pet' Lizardman

Alan-Taric's House
Slightly Hungry
Slightly Thirsty
Not Tired
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26