Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 7 Year:3  (Read 25829 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 5
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2011, 04:04:07 pm »

"Henry's right- let's talk to them, but they don't need to know where we are right now.  I'll stick around a minute then go barricade that alley- another line of defense hurts nothing."

Listen to the radio for a couple minutes, then see about sealing off one end of the alley and securing the other (so we can go through it.)  Continue to keep eye out for useful scrap.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2011, 04:09:20 pm »

"Yeah, we're here. What did you want?"
Radio-Bzzzt chec "Hello, I am an SMCR officer, since you are in range I can assume you have been exposed to the dust yes?"

OCC:Chatting is instantaneous, and to Serious and Riccto you can do more in an hour, don't forget that's how much time you get for each turn except in combat.
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2011, 04:12:08 pm »

Hmm, all right.

Amendment: Once I get done fooling with the lunchbox, go help Stephen with his barricading/securing project.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2011, 04:14:42 pm »

After Scavenging in the Warehouse look in the Alley
Raggle Fraggle

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2011, 04:15:59 pm »

"SMCR? What is that? I'm officer Taric from the Springfield PD. And what dust?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2011, 04:19:16 pm »

"SMCR? What is that? I'm officer Taric from the Springfield PD. And what dust?"
radio-Zzt "It stands for Specialized Military Core Ranger's, basically I'm what you could call a scout.  Don't mess with me Taric, we've seen the bombers go over, this entire area was coated in the white dust that they dropped, and if you aren't living in a hole you should know it's effects.  Now I will ask differently have you been outside since yesterday?"
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 04:26:17 pm »

"We woke up in a warehouse a bit earlier. And I never heard any aircraft, bombs or anything like that recently"

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 04:55:03 pm »

"We woke up in a warehouse a bit earlier. And I never heard any aircraft, bombs or anything like that recently"
Radio zzt  "Well son you are damned lucky then... wait did you say WE?  hehehe, I think it may be even more of a lucky day for you, There's a convoy passing through Springfield in 5 days time, be at the police station at Noon in 5 days, and you will be able to get out of there.  Since I assume you will see the mutants soon, let me tell you, they are unpredictable, vicious, and each on is different, be careful.  I doubt any more bombing runs will be made, but if you see anything that looks like snow, don't let it touch you, it's what is causing the mutants and the effects are especially nasty on a conscious human.  Until then Good luck, SMCR out."  The radio's connection dies and all that is left is static.
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 05:02:32 pm »

"OI, listen up, A convoy'll be here in a few days. Grab anything of use and prepare to head to the PD. Word of advise, don't touch the white dust if you see it, it's bad for you."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2011, 05:24:10 pm »

Is that your action taric to grab anything of use?
Nom nom nom

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2011, 05:29:16 pm »

Yep. And scout out a route to the Precinct.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2011, 06:12:25 pm »

Turn 6:The Police Station is a Burned Slaughterhouse
After Scavenging in the Warehouse look in the Alley
(auto-fail) The warehouse has been cleaned out, sadly nothing is left of any use.  (6) You search around the ally, and are disappointed to see that not only is there anything interesting, but that there is no other doors into the ally-way
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
.  (5) You do however manage to spot a tipped over truck just at the edge of the street, it seems to be some type of hunter's vehicle, the underneath is badly burned but the main part looks ok, at-least from this distance.

Hmm, all right.

Amendment: Once I get done fooling with the lunchbox, go help Stephen with his barricading/securing project.
(2) Nothing is in the lunch box, sadly the guy must have been on his way home when he was attacked. (4) It does however fit the tools pretty well. (assorted tools converted to toolkit, becoming one medium item)  (2) You arn't a great help, but he seems to at-least appreciate the company... heck you all enjoy being with each other, the amount of death in the streets is insane.. did nobody else survive??  Well at-least the army seems to be functioning, maybe it is a localized event? 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"OI, listen up, A convoy'll be here in a few days. Grab anything of use and prepare to head to the PD. Word of advise, don't touch the white dust if you see it, it's bad for you."
Taking the initiative you grab the toolbox and the last 6 bear stakes, everything else the rest of them are carrying.  (5) knowing the way you manage to wind through side streets and ally-ways and get to the police station in a little under 50 minutes  (2) the station has burned to the ground overnight.... and there is signs of fighting everywhere, bodies hang from windows where they were shot, and various monsters line the road, all that is left of the area that isn't destroyed is a solitary police cruiser.  You can't make yourself move, you knew these people, and they killed each other.  (4) you notice a small bit of white dust dislodge from a tree and land on a lone powerline, it looks like the dust moves in unison... strange.  But as you contemplate what it means the power-line suddenly bursts into flame and explodes.  You are starting to see why that guy on the radio was so surprised people are alive.  You hear movement in a pile of nearby rubble, and there is still the shape of a man in the driver's side of the cruiser, he seems to be breathing but you can't tell.

"Henry's right- let's talk to them, but they don't need to know where we are right now.  I'll stick around a minute then go barricade that alley- another line of defense hurts nothing."

Listen to the radio for a couple minutes, then see about sealing off one end of the alley and securing the other (so we can go through it.)  Continue to keep eye out for useful scrap.
(5) You manage to completely block one end of the ally with the car you found the radio in, and some pieces of garbage, nothing should be able to easily get through that.  The other way (1) proves impossible, there simply isn't anything left to block it with, all the other vehicles in the area are completely burned out, and the buildings are crumpled but would take days to move enough bricks to block off the ally-way.  At-least the one entrance open is better then two. (?) You can hear something in the building next to you, it seems like crying coming from under a pile of bricks, (5) you climb over the bits of rubble and notice a trapdoor lodged under the crumbled metal and brick.  The fire really did a number on this area while you slept, but it seems that someone is alive in there.

Time:10:00AM

Weather:Medium Rain, about to become Heavy Rain

Environment:Everything is either barricaded or heavily reinforced, there is a second story fire-escape, but there's no way to reach it, the ladder long ago rusted away.  The large Bay doors is only blocked, and would only take 2 or three minutes to get out from.
Ally-way has one entrance blocked off with a broken car and various rubble, other is open
Group Inventory(aka what's laying around the warehouse):
Butchered-cleaned bear copse 80% left
Make-shift gasoline fireplace, burned out

Taric: At Police Station
Not Hungry
Not thirsty
Covered in Bear blood

Steve: In Ally-Way
Slightly Hungry
Not thirsty
Slightly Tired

Angela: In ally way
Not Tired
Slightly Hungry
Not thirsty

Henry: In ally way
Not Hungry
Not Thirsty
Not Tired

Area:Near the warehouse is largely burned and unsafe to enter buildings, some may be able to hold up if you are careful.  Steve can hear someone trapped in the basement of the building beside the warehouse.
The Police Department and area is a war-zone, bodies are everywhere, many doors have been barred from the inside, and about half the buildings have burned.

***Do you want me to continue with the one hour turns or should I reduce the amount of time?
Nom nom nom

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Survive the War of Mutations Turn 6
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2011, 06:15:51 pm »

I'm fine with the one hour turns
Examine Vehicle, Loot it and see if its even operational.
Raggle Fraggle

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2011, 06:18:04 pm »

Tell Human to get out of the car slowly, otherwise I shoot.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2011, 06:24:33 pm »

Also cool with 1 hour turns, just need to take a bit to adjust to it. ^^;

Andi took a deep breath and let the rain wash over her. It probably wasn't healthy and would just make her illness worse, she was sure, but damn it felt good. After a minute or two of enjoying it, she opened her eyes and moved into the streets to investigate any nearby buildings that looked intact, or at least not likely to collapse any time soon.

Action: Spend fifty-five minutes searching nearby buildings, looking specifically for food that's still edible and ammo/weaponry, then hightail it back to the warehouse in the remaining five.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26